Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn Redsox fans !!

magellanmax

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a feeling that pokey would have rows no matter what team he was on, same with millar. You act like these clean cut guys came to the red sox saw that the yankees do the same thing and decided as a team that they would grow their hair long or sport goatees. That is beyond a reach.

IMO some /most /not all sox are adopting this look to help themselves "band" together and cowboy up so they can beat the big bad yanks

read into thet qoute from the dan shaugnessy article i just posted

Millar is very conscious of the appearances angle

""The Yankees are all clean cut," said Millar. "They wear helmets during batting practice. When Schilling first came over here, he'd say, `Look at them. They look like pros.' Over here, we're not. You see guys during BP wearing sleeveless shirts or parachute tops, no hat, game hat, red-and-blue hat. We look like sloppy, no-discipline dirtbags."-- Dan Shaughnessy, Boston Globe 9.9.04

yeh i guess millar wasnt thinkin too much of the yanks as he grows out that beard

Umm it is one thing to compare yourself to someone else it is another to change the way you look just to be the opposite. You are confusing the red sox not making players conform into something and letting them be themselves to doing things to spite the yankees.

Manny would have that have that no matter what

Pedro would too

damon has been growing that hair for 2 years

millar has had a biker look for years

pokey has corn rows (now i am not african american but i think that is in style)

If bill mueller grows a big damon-esque beard, or kapler gets cornrows then this point might make sense, still will not be true, but atleast you would have an agruement.

like i just said not all the players doin it but you have a large number of players sportin the heavy facial hair long hair ,pine tarred helmets etc.

just like last yr not all SDox were playing along with the "all for one cowboy up the ass mantra" when they shaved heads

when your beloved Nomahhhhhhhhhhh wouldnt do it cuz Mia Hamm would have ripped his tiny little sack off

and BK KIm is working hard on dreadlocks as we speak

like i just said not all the players doin it but you have a large number of players sportin the heavy facial hair long hair ,pine tarred helmets etc.

just like last yr not all SDox were playing along with the "all for one cowboy up the ass mantra" when they shaved heads

when your beloved Nomahhhhhhhhhhh wouldnt do it cuz Mia Hamm would have ripped his tiny little sack off

and BK KIm is working hard on dreadlocks as we speak

I agree they all cowboyed up with the shaved heads but it had nothing to do with the yankees. If thel all go out and get their cock pierced to feel like a team fine, but it would not be because the yankees do not have cocks.;)

as long as bk is nowhere near the bullpen i do not give a fuck what he does.

Another misinformed post from you yet again... instead of posting nonsense and trying to pole holes in my statements, why don't you specifically tell me where I am wrong and present it with proof, not your garbage rhetoric.

you make it so easy... check your post (#83) you actually refuted the notion of a monopoly tsk tsk tsk :nono:

i asked you to explain the impacts of the anti-trust law exemption that baseball enjoys as opposed to the norm business practices. the exemption has given some teams monopolies for years. My point was, with this practice in place, there's no way you can justify your argument that the yamkees are the best sport franchise ever.... salary caps in diff. leagues has proven that. and just incase you do selective reading, some of your yamkee cohorts strongly believe the yamkees are hugely succesful coz of their owners/management business decisions and not becoz of some BS law that has had them milk the biggest sport market known to man.If the anti-trust law was abolished, everything you own..from your tv set to your tighty whities would have a GE emblem on them. And if you can actually have the balls to think (or protest) the fact the the yamkees dont derive a superior advantage over other teams with their location...leads me to think one of two things:

1: you actually know the yamkees have an advantage but as a fan, you dont want to see your share of the pie cut to shit...OR

2: you are clueless of how business actually works, but will scream the loudest to make your notion of the argument "right"

i'm not gonna turn this into a pissing contest... believe what you will, the yamkees will fold/tamed if the law was lifted.

P.S intelligence is subjective, from where i'm sitting, i have a diff. view on the subject on most of your posts. :)

this kid has made a living at this

its comical but annoying at the same time

Its funny coz i knew you would chip in and run your mouth on this subject... listen googleboy, you bring nothing to the table... first focus on getting a G.E.D and then you can join the big boyz table and make your views heard. If not, the least you could do is google some text to give an illusion that you know what you are talking about. Jon has you bracketed to a 'T'. you spew garbage to sound informed, sowwy kiddo.. not many are buying your used car dealer garbage.

what a waste of internet space you are. go back to screaming about "haircuts"... and just a point of note, if you actually believe personal hair groooming win games, i gotta tell you, you would be a millionaire by being a sporting consultant. and if that held true, forget the 3 game advantage the yamkees enjoy... the sox would have had the division wrapped up in early september.

what a turd !!

Its funny coz i knew you would chip in and run your mouth on this subject... listen googleboy, you bring nothing to the table... first focus on getting a G.E.D and then you can join the big boyz table and make your views heard. If not, the least you could do is google some text to give an illusion that you know what you are talking about. Jon has you bracketed to a 'T'. you spew garbage to sound informed, sowwy kiddo.. not many are buying your used car dealer garbage.

what a waste of internet space you are. go back to screaming about "haircuts"... and just a point of note, if you actually believe personal hair groooming win games, i gotta tell you, you would be a millionaire by being a sporting consultant. and if that held true, forget the 3 game advantage the yamkees enjoy... the sox would have had the division wrapped up in early september.

what a turd !!

whatever son , keep on living the lie

everyone on this board reads right through your attempts at sounding like you know what you tlaking about

your attempts at teaching me a grammar lesson blows up in your face as you display your prowess with the english language and get schooled.

You still refuse to answer posts where i give you facts or pose questions to you becuase you have no knowledge or just know your flat out wrong

and your tired "googleboy" schtick proves even that much more how pathetic you are , cause if i search a stat or a quote off the internet ,it just goes to prove i know what im talkin bout and give hard facts or proof to back it up , whereas you ramble on about shit you cant back up

just look at this post dick wad , i made a comment on how i felt that the sox are adopting an anti -yankee image ..thats all dick , please show me where i said it had anything to do with winning games.......yeh thats what i thought

thought

oh wow jon boy allowed you to use the greatest line in board history "the big boys table" you must be special to him

mitch blood green RULES!!!!

you really cant actually believe you are funny

if you do thats seriously pathetic

who the fuck is doing comedy schtick here jon boy

you must have gotten a chuckle out of it if you even entertained the thought that it can be construed as comedy

still rootin for jon lieber????

what I also find funny is how the biggest hate argument on the Red Sox has turned from a team that shouldnt bitch about a high payroll to a team that doesnt cut their hair.....

so sad

no ,,whats sad is no championships in 85 years

but besides that ,its a sports board jonboy we can talk about a multitude of topics and even within a thread the topic can stray

its a really wierd topic to grasp , but try to follow

i guess i should have started a new thread to talk about the observation of the sox the gritty/dirty look being an anti-yankee thing

so as not to confuse you

whats really pathetic is that the whole sports board consists of 4 guys talking about the same old fuckin rivalry. U guys have been talking about the same shit since the beginning of the baseball season. Same points, same arguments, same bullshit. Don't u guys ever talk about anything else ?

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN

whats really pathetic is that the whole sports board consists of 4 guys talking about the same old fuckin rivalry. U guys have been talking about the same shit since the beginning of the baseball season. Same points, same arguments, same bullshit. Don't u guys ever talk about anything else ?

Yeah their talking about hairstyles now. Shh, let's see how long this can go.

Get out of our thread then... no one asked you to read. If you don't like it, stop coming in and viewing the thread. Now let us get back to arguing... :)