Clubplanet Nightlife Community

where is the trance in ny? help with info please

xxboxx

havent been out in ny in a while(until recently) and looking for some help

heyyyy, just got back from tiesto and i somehow got the SAME cd that i received at crobar last night. I definitly dig the shit, but im looking for more info on this artist. I searched the web and only found a few track downloads and stupid shit like that, some old info on old parties.

clubplanet - addicted and Raveclick Review

I WANT TO HEAR TRANCE IN NY GOD DAMNIT. something besides when the big guys come into town(which is awesome, but still) im asking for help here.Even if its about a venue that plays trance or something..ANYTHING im dieing here. BO NEEDS HELP

Can someone at least throw me in the right direction as to where i can check out a trance weekly? thanking u in advance - BO

:gang:

anybody??? its funny, alot of people in ny act as if they dont like trance, but then whenever a trance dj comes into town, 5000394823934 peopel attend. Greatest part was, tonight at tiesto, some guy was like i cant wait to see tiesto......even though he sucks. The second i heard that i was like damn, ny is a twisted place for fans of electronic music. I either get super good vibes , or super BAD vibes from people acting as if they know eveything. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIND AN EVENT LIKE THE ONES ABOVE.

xxboxx...sorry you haven't gotten much response...honestly, I really haven't heard about a lot of regular trance parties. There was one group that was tryin to get that going a few months ago, but it kinda fell through. Maybe they're still working on finding a new venue or something. The only local DJ that I knew of that spins trance is Victor Dinaire, but he's moving to the west coast. If I hear of anything else, I'll let you know. I know how frustrating it is not to have a trance place to go to!

...maybe you could email Victor and ask him... I think his website is www.futureprogression.com

Try powerstarim he is one of the best for the underground. I copied and pasted this from there website.

Thursday, Sept 30th 2004

CALLALOO a Free Event

FIRST TIME IN A YEAR

A NIGHT WITH AUDIO ELEMENTS

Guest DJs

Dain & Powerstar Im

Resident DJ: Christian Alejandro

Hosted By: Joseph J.

Carnaval

159 East Houston Street

Free Admission 21+

Doors at 10pm

http://audioelementsonline.com/

excellent :bounce::bounce::bounce:

i definitly have to go check that out. Really nice location. Whats with the IM after dj names..ive seen that around with a few people.what about skoof?..any info on where he is playing?Someone i spoke to saw him a while back and said that i would like it.im so glad you guys are being so helpful. Thank you. Btw does this place you mentioned have a dance floor?

Skoof isnt playing anywhere now. From what i heard, he is in the studio till the end of the year, and then addicted is reopening somewhere else as a weekly trance club. BUT i could be wrong because im not 100% sure. But i doubt there is really anymore information. And as for the party digital recommended, i havent been there but sounds great. I mean...Downtown + Trance = awesome. I'll check it out all in the name of supporting our beautiful scene :)

**EDIT: oh yeah, also on a cd i have somewhere in my room- it mentions that he is joining downshiftradio "coming soon" - its not really helpful because it doesnt say when or anything, but maybe you can get your trance fix there..DSR has all types of music too..hip hop - soul- deep - etc etc**

i appreciate the help guys. thank you so much. A buddy of mine who went to tiesto got one of the skoof cds and he is burning me a copy tonight. im so happy that dave ralph is going to be at avalon, i fell in love with him after hearing the tranceport cds YEARS ago.

I would call myself a moderate trance fan...

Im not a big fan of it but I like PVD, Ferry Corsten, and Sasha

Im more of a Deep Dish, Sander Kleinenberg, Peace Division Type myself but,

I totally think there needs to be atleast a solid monthly Trance Party

I have been saying this to promoters for atleast a year and change now!

promoters arent the people who should throw i. If promoters do it, then its just going to be the typical..juice monkey trendy crowd ..because the promoters are out to make money and blow it up. NY needs a true old school vibe. Addicted w/ skoof was slaming ..if u dont count the fact taht the club management was sooo bad that they actually had the nerve to play like 30 min of hip hop because one of their biggest customers came in popping bottles and demanded a hip hop song for his girl. THAT DESTROYED THE VIBE. but i see people agree with me..because i just read the review above and it says the same shit.

promoters arent the people who should throw i. If promoters do it, then its just going to be the typical..juice monkey trendy crowd ..because the promoters are out to make money and blow it up. NY needs a true old school vibe. Addicted w/ skoof was slaming ..if u dont count the fact taht the club management was sooo bad that they actually had the nerve to play like 30 min of hip hop because one of their biggest customers came in popping bottles and demanded a hip hop song for his girl. THAT DESTROYED THE VIBE. but i see people agree with me..because i just read the review above and it says the same shit.

Whoa calm sown a second. There are actually a few credible promoters who throw GREAT parties, not many but they do exist. If you want it so bad get your friends together get some start-up cash and start throwing a party! If it's credible people will come.

Thats pretty much how we started Nation it was a group of people sick of the scene. Now we have DJ's asking us if they can play our parties, instead of us asking them!

exactly..i apologize..i should have worded myself better...no no..im calm...but i was under the impression that you were talking about having some KTU promoter make a trance night..lol and i know exactly what u mean, we are all in the same scene..different genres..but when you break it down..the true..all want the same thing. Its just a pitty that ny has soo many people who dont know what the scene is all about and they do it to be kool. Everyone is a dj..everyone promotes..it really fucked up ny.. but i think we are going to get it back..slowly but surely. And glad to hear about nation. LI clubs were nightmares when i checked some out...the crowd..the music..made me soo sad..lol..but i hear good things about nation. thank you

EDIT: ALTHOUGH..MY EX GF GOES THERE WITH HER FREINDS AND THEY ARE GOLD DIGGING HOES..WHO DONT GIVE 2 SHITS ABOUT THE SCENE...lol jk..but every club gets those...hehe had to edit that in. but yeah NATION sounds like a great place keep up the good work and dont let it go down with alot of the other clubs in ny. Glad to see you are doing very well.

• 2 weeks later...

ALTHOUGH..MY EX GF GOES THERE WITH HER FREINDS AND THEY ARE GOLD DIGGING HOES..WHO DONT GIVE 2 SHITS ABOUT THE SCENE...lol jk..

trancesun2 dude ... i see u everywhere my friend . and sorry about your ex .. i had some of those as well .. hehe .. i guess we have few things in common .. the nationalities and now this .. hehe

peace

ahhh, always a pleasure to hear from you mask. yup...you live, you learn..

ahaha yup, what can i say....its funny how the world consists of 98348240205027502540258058 different people, but at the same time..for everything that makes us different, there is something the makes us alike.

btw, i know your not in the states..so this should make you feel good...

...guess what?

ITS FREAKING COLD AS ICE TODAY IN NYC!!!!,...GRRR. WINTER IS ON ITS WAY!!...so if anything, enjoy the nice weather :)