Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD and rock the vote... this is veeird... jah??

oldtimer

with nothing else to do on the drive home last night i was wondering why paul van dyk ( a german) is so fixed on trying to get us lazy americans to get off of our fat asses to vote... does he want bush out of office that bad??? are we americans not getting to the voting booths enough to the point where we need non-americans to intervene and point us in the right direction?? or am i completely off and are those crazy germans up to their old tricks again... are they brainwashing young impressionable american youths, under the influence of drugs/alcohol... ok i'll end it here...

but seriously does anyone find it odd that a german is getting so involved in american polotics???

Maybe it bothers him that growing up he never had the opporunities we have and most of us don't even take advantage. We take it for granted. We should be exercising our right to vote. I think its wonderful that he uses his celeb status in a positive way to get that message across.

Maybe it bothers him that growing up he never had the opporunities we have and most of us don't even take advantage. We take it for granted. We should be exercising our right to vote. I think its wonderful that he uses his celeb status in a positive way to get that message across.

hey princess that is what i'm gettin at... it's kind of weird how we're so lazy that a foreigner has to step in and be like "yo.... wake up'

I think the point is to take someone who is an icon ALA PVD and have them send a message to certian groups of people the importance of your right to sufferage! Numerous bands are doing the same thing, rock the vote is a great cause.

Paul at one time lived under communist rule and although not American himself can tell anyone old or young how great the Democratic Process is!!

Weither he receives compensation or not for his Rock The Vote work, I think he was an excellent choice for this campain. Unfortonatley there really is no American Icon DJ with worldwide appeal along the lines of PVD.

(Im not saying that he is better than all the american DJ's)

We are a Govt ruled by the PEOPLE!!!!...If we don't take the inititative to be "well-informed"( meaning not always listening to and believing everything you read or hear in our news media which can be BIAS at times) about the problems in our country, and how to CORRECT them by the power of the VOTE...then the tables will turn, and ours leaders may take away our power, and run our lives the way they want, whether we like it or not!!!

with nothing else to do on the drive home last night i was wondering why paul van dyk ( a german) is so fixed on trying to get us lazy americans to get off of our fat asses to vote... does he want bush out of office that bad??? are we americans not getting to the voting booths enough to the point where we need non-americans to intervene and point us in the right direction?? or am i completely off and are those crazy germans up to their old tricks again... are they brainwashing young impressionable american youths, under the influence of drugs/alcohol... ok i'll end it here...

but seriously does anyone find it odd that a german is getting so involved in american polotics???

Crack definatly kills.

Hey Guys,

To clarify why PVD is helping Rock The Vote....Paul grew up in East Berlin when it was still under communist control. He was constantly harrassed by officers checking his papers going to and from school as a child. He knows how helpless people feel when you have no say in how your government is run.

Our company put PVD and RTV together, because Paul is a icon in electronic music. He cares so deeply about his US fans that he has been registering voters at his gigs with RTV and donateing a portion of ticket sales to RTV at his events. His concern is that if elecronic music fans don't vote this country will become like the polce state he grew up in.

to watch his psa go to www.rockthevote.com

Hey Guys,

To clarify why PVD is helping Rock The Vote....Paul grew up in East Berlin when it was still under communist contol. He was constantly harrassed by officers checking his papers going to and from school as a child. He knows how helpless people feel when you have no say in how your government is run.

Our company put PVD and RTV together, because Paul is a icon in electronic music. He cares so deeply about his US fans that he has been registering voters at his gigs with RTV and donateing a portion of ticket sales to RTV at his events. His concern is that if elecronic music fans don't vote this country will become like the polce state he grew up in.

thats the truth amen sista! i'm dragging my ass to the voting booth i wanna be able to stay out late clubbing... without a curfew lol

bush sux.

Hey Guys,

To clarify why PVD is helping Rock The Vote....Paul grew up in East Berlin when it was still under communist contol. He was constantly harrassed by officers checking his papers going to and from school as a child. He knows how helpless people feel when you have no say in how your government is run.

good job clearing things us

you can also get info on his site

www.paulvandyk.com

:)

Hey Guys,

To clarify why PVD is helping Rock The Vote....Paul grew up in East Berlin when it was still under communist control. He was constantly harrassed by officers checking his papers going to and from school as a child. He knows how helpless people feel when you have no say in how your government is run.

This is total bullshit because pvd is very outspoken about the war in iraq where we can give the people a right to vote and be free....what a hypocrit and for all you youngsters Ronald reagan who defeated communism was called stupid and a cowboy, war mongerer, etc all the same shit people say about bush...meanwhile bush has liberated and free over 20 million women in afghanistan and iraq

This is total bullshit because pvd is very outspoken about the war in iraq where we can give the people a right to vote and be free....what a hypocrit and for all you youngsters Ronald reagan who defeated communism was called stupid and a cowboy, war mongerer, etc all the same shit people say about bush...meanwhile bush has liberated and free over 20 million women in afghanistan and iraq

are you seriously comparing reagan to the idiot that is running this country right now?

did you ever think that the people of iraq don't give a fuck about the right to vote?

or do you need 2000 dead and 14,000 wounded soldiers to realize that?

:)

How is wanting people to make up their own minds and vote Bullshit??? Rock the Vote is a non partisan non for profit. I think you should put down the hater-ade and the republican guide to ruling the world and give props to a DJ that is getting young people involved in the political process. And I hate to tell you CHINA is still Communist and so is CUBA. So apparantly communism is still alive in the world and Paul grew up in it. Ronnie must have missed those two countries. You know I mean over a BILLION people live in CHINA.....pfffff communism real dead. Turn off Fox News and get your head checked. Wow I pity people like you.

i knew the answer to the question but i just felt like making a stupid post...i know that pvd is against the war.. as is everyone else that isnt from AMERICA... the majority of american youths are against it,but at the same time they are known for being fat, lazy and not motivated enough to try and make a difference.. pvd is doing a good thing by trying to get them involved in the electoral process... he's doing a good thing by trying to get bush out of office...make the world a safer place...

as for the bull and your comment about pvd getting paid by rock the vote...bro.. c'mon now.. in all seriousness.. i think you make comments like that just because he's pvd and is trance dj... i bet if timmy regisford or tony humphries were supporting rock the vote you would be calling them great humanitarians..not saying they're doing it bc they're getting paid..

wow get off PVD's lameass music and his lameass attempt to get crackheads to vote for Kerry...funny how all u ppl r sooo against Bush cuz he makes us safer by doin things noone else has the balls 2, so u guys wanna elect Kerry who cant make his mind up on nething, has 10 different positions on Iraq, picks the one that is most convenient..wants to give power back to the UN, which is prolly the most power abusive corrupt organization in the world. example: oil for food scandal, I dont want the UN protecting America, I want America protecting America...and also a comment was made about Reagan and Bush being alike.....ummm look in history and read about wut ppl sed of Ronald Reagan SAMEEEEEEEE as they say about Bush...and Islamic radicalism is much more dangerous to America than communism, so stop being Bush haters for the sake of saying u hate Bush, and pretend ur a polling professional and say that most young ppl are against the war, bc look at the REAL polls, its alot closer than u think..but go ahead listen to PVD lmaooooo u fcukin ppl..funny how Fox News is soooooo biased to u ppl, lol, but ummmm CNN and CBS arent ooooookkk guyyyy