Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why Miami can NEVER parallel NYC nightlife...

philippio

I guess it depends on what you think of as good. Everyone on here mentions the Space and Tiesto. Who cares?

If NY wants to have domination on the best big space, bad music, attire concerned night clubs...please be my guest.

Florida has the best breakbeat nights (Florida BrEaKs) that I have ever been to. I could care less about all these trance & house DJ names being spilled, please NY take them! :zzz:

We have Jackyl and Hyde, Hydraulix, Exzact, Alpha 606, Merlyn just to name a few.

Besides I would rather see talented dancers rather than another pretty face, body whatever (those will always be at all club nights).

nightlife in nyc is at an all time low in my opinion. there are the shi shi parties that im sure are slammin but those parties are never about the music. they bore me to death. nowadays just gotta choose my battles. most of the time i have to travel to hear djs that im interested in hearing because no one in nyc would book them...and even if they did, there would be less than 100 heads there and promoters, club owners, and bar managers will obviously lose money.

u can't smoke here, u can't dance unless u have a cabaret license, u can't drink past 4 am, some clubs prohibit u from chewing gum, no text msging (be yourself at arc), and the list goes on... fuck that, i rather just fly to london or frankfurt and get my groove on for a weekend and come back all fixed up.

I agree with you diegonyc. I'm from NJ and feel the same way about NYC. I mean it's good, but it has certainly seen better times. It seems as if the things you can do in NYC are becoming more and more prohibited -- Getting thrown out of a club for smokin a butt is pretty lame. I found it more fun when the 'anything goes' was the only rule.

I've been to SB miami and am actually returning next week on business. The last time I was there I had a blast (Labor day weekend 2000) I went to the Crobar, Space, and the Shadow Lounge. I had an absolute blast at Crobar, Space and the Shadow Lounge were alright. Our hotel had a huge party when we went, FunkMaster Flex and all homies were representin.. ha ha.. Now that's something you don't see in NYC.

I think I pretty much know the answer to this question, but is there anything good going on in SB miami on a monday or tuesday night of next week? Business trips are SOOOOO boring when the only thing you have to do after 6pm is go to your hotel room and watch TV. SUCKs!

I think I pretty much know the answer to this question, but is there anything good going on in SB miami on a monday or tuesday night of next week? Business trips are SOOOOO boring when the only thing you have to do after 6pm is go to your hotel room and watch TV. SUCKs!

Dude, there is tons of stuff every night. Aside from all the bars and restaurants and lounges that are open every night for some relaxing people-watching & music-listening, you have Backdoor Bamby on Monday at Crobar. One of the craziest parties around. This website has a list of events for each night, incomplete, but it's a place to start. There are other websites with lists out there, as well. LOTs of stuff going on, even on the weekdays.

Dude, there is tons of stuff every night. Aside from all the bars and restaurants and lounges that are open every night for some relaxing people-watching & music-listening, you have Backdoor Bamby on Monday at Crobar. One of the craziest parties around. This website has a list of events for each night, incomplete, but it's a place to start. There are other websites with lists out there, as well. LOTs of stuff going on, even on the weekdays.

Hmm, what website were you referring to? I can't believe Crobar has a good party on a monday night. Is it gay? Last time my friend and I unexpectly walked into a gay party, I don't want to make that mistake again. :funny:

Hmm, what website were you referring to? I can't believe Crobar has a good party on a monday night. Is it gay? Last time my friend and I unexpectly walked into a gay party, I don't want to make that mistake again. :funny:

Backdoor Bamby is the longest running party in Miami.