Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Make it 7 AL East titles in a row.

pk1

who was it that was calling out the Red Sox for celebrating clinching the wild card?????

I remember reading something saying "act as if you've been there before"

anyways....just had to bring that up since I saw the Yankees celebrating last night

(and no its not wrong to celebrate, the comment was just retarded as hell)

i dont have a problem with anyone celebrating getttin to the post season ..its not an easy task

Yankees did it in dramtic fashion last night with the Bernie homerun

and the yanks havnt been able to celebrate clinching 1st place in a few yrs as they did it on the road the past few yrs

that being said yanks have won the 7 tiltes in a row

but to think that pales in comparison with what the bRaves have done 13 in a row!!!! :bowdown:

Jon,

it was me who said, act like you've been there before--

and seriously--we won the AL EAST ...we didnt just simply secure a playoff spot...

Making the playoffs is a great accomplishment, but winning the east is huge. PLUS--when the Sox celebrated, the AL East title was still very close for them. Anything could've happened this week.

And to top this off--if you think its just me being a baised yankee fan....how about this--

we all know the media hates the yankees and many many people want to see Boston win. How come the media hasnt come down on the Yanks for their celebration last night? I didnt see it on Sportscenter, PTI, hear it on the radio? But yet for the Sox, it was covered by every major sports news outlet commenting on how maybe it was a little too crazy and not the best move.

I just posted this to the other Sox fan, but dont you think that celebrating like crazy (that was a pretty crazy celebration they had) for simply securing a spot in the postseason says mentally, "Lets celebrate just incase we dont get a chance to celebrate anything else". That cant be the way you want your ballclub thinking.

But the Sox are the Anti-Yankees. So that celebration goes perfectly with this new persona of theirs. :gang:

we all know the media hates the yankees and many many people want to see Boston win. How come the media hasnt come down on the Yanks for their celebration last night? I didnt see it on Sportscenter, PTI, hear it on the radio? But yet for the Sox, it was covered by every major sports news outlet commenting on how maybe it was a little too crazy and not the best move.

because we are in a New York media market where everything the Red Sox players do is bad and Yankees players actions are heavenly....including Giambi's coke and steroid addiction he had to kick and since going through withdrawals drained his evergy they had to make up all sorts of excuses like tate worm and cancer

;)

btw...how you been Mikey??

because we are in a New York media market where everything the Red Sox players do is bad and Yankees players actions are heavenly....including Giambi's coke and steroid addiction he had to kick and since going through withdrawals drained his evergy they had to make up all sorts of excuses like tate worm and cancer

;)

Im doin good Jon, and yourself?

I meant the national media. and where did u come up with Giambi having a coke problem? I never heard that one before

Im doin good Jon, and yourself?

I meant the national media. and where did u come up with Giambi having a coke problem? I never heard that one before

lmao...dont tell me no one's told you about that rumor

if you dont believe me, check out some of the pictures that are up at China Club that involve Giambi....

anyways, I'm still chillin

hit me up on IM sometime

the sox are anti yankees?

Anyway good for bernie, this should be his last year and for him to clinch it like that is good. Good thing for a great, classy player. I just hope he retires and does not try to stick around, especially for another team, batting like .230 or something. He should retire a yankee.

Congrats to the Yanks... Congrats to Boston...

Good luck to both the Yankees and the Redsox... Hope we face off again in the playoffs...

Congrats to the Yanks for the new single season homerun record... Congrats to Bernie... I dont care what people say about his age. I would rather him in the outfield than Lofton... Yeah his arm is pretty bad... But I believe he is more dependable and more clutch...

Gotta love Matsui right now... If you ask me he should be up for MVP as well. The man has adapted to NY so well. And has come up big in so many clutch situations!!!

I wish Jeter didn't start so shitty the beginning of the year... Minus the first month and a half he would be batting in the high 3.00's. And defensively he has been great. Probably had one of his best years yet.

Ehhhh... I can go on and on and on...

Probably have to give a congrats to Manny... Looks like he is gonna take the MVP. Ortiz really deserves it but you know how it goes... Schefff gave it a good run and probably fell a bit short. But definately more than happy with his performance this season he was hige for the Yanks.

Only thing I am scared about at this point is our Pitching... Although Mooose has been looking really good as of late. Hernandez had another bad outing leaving balls hanging left and right. Hopefully he didnt waste himself in the last few months. Brown... Well he looks like a lost cause. Lieber has been looking good lately but we all know that can change at the drop of a dime. And Vasquez I dont even want to get into...

As far as the bullpen I am very confident if given a lead we can hold onto it. Sturts has been incredible, Gordon and Mo I dont need to say much about. Quantrill is the only one I feel is very shaky...

That is all for now... Should be a fun post season...

Gotta love Matsui right now... If you ask me he should be up for MVP as well. The man has adapted to NY so well. And has come up big in so many clutch situations!!!

when you say mvp, are you talking about team mvp or what????. coz i'm pretty sure you arent reffering to AL for that matter. say it aint so bro :laugh:

as far as AL MVP award goes :

*~*(drumroll please)*~*... MANNY RAMIREZ OF THE BOSTON REDSOX.!! :)

when you say mvp, are you talking about team mvp or what????. coz i'm pretty sure you arent reffering to AL for that matter. say it aint so bro :laugh:

as far as AL MVP award goes :

*~*(drumroll please)*~*... MANNY RAMIREZ OF THE BOSTON REDSOX.!! :)

You really are a cocky fuck...

As far as Matsui. I know he does not have the numbers and isnt near MVP. What I am talking about is if you look at his fielding this season along with his great numbers for soph year with yanks. And how many times he helped the yanks come from behind. How many clutch plays and hits he has had... He has definately been Valuable. Team MVP has to be Scheff... with Matsui not to far behind...

As far as who I would rather have... Well considering the Yankees "BUY" there championships. I would rather have Matsui over Ramirez...

Matsui - $5,000,000

Matsui - 108

Matsui - 31 HR

Matsui - .300 Avg

Matsui - Better Fielder

Matsui - 109 Runs

Matsui - 88 Walks

Matsui - 102 K's

Manny - $19,000,000 ??? I know it is around there

Manny - 130 RBIs Unless he has gotten more recently

Manny - 43 HR

Manny - .307 Avg

Manny - Worse Fielder

Manny - 108 Runs

Manny - 82 Walks

Manny - 124 K's

The only difference between the 2 players is 22 RBIs

and 12 Home Runs ( About the 22 RBIs )

All at an extra cost of $14,000,000 to Boston... :)

Sorry you cannot put Matsui Down. And I wouldn't be so fast to jump on my comment earlier...

;)

Such the conspiracy theorist you are, man. Maybe if you took the time out to do alittle research before you came up with this shit, you wouldn't end up getting caught with your foot in your mouth as much. People who have suffer with cocaine addictions do not go through withdrawl. It's more of a mental addiction. It's not physical like alcohol or heroin.

Such the conspiracy theorist you are, man. Maybe if you took the time out to do alittle research before you came up with this shit, you wouldn't end up getting caught with your foot in your mouth as much. People who have suffer with cocaine addictions do not go through withdrawl. It's more of a mental addiction. It's not physical like alcohol or heroin.

all I can say bro, is dont believe everything you read in the papers or watch on the Yes network

and yeah, going from a late night coke head on roids to being clean does burn up your energy

Yes they do go through withdrawal - you're right, it's not as physically addicting like heroine, but there are clear withdrawal symptoms of addicts like depression, sleep disturbances, etc.. withdrawal doesn't just mean it has to be physical.

You really are a cocky fuck...

As far as Matsui. I know he does not have the numbers and isnt near MVP. What I am talking about is if you look at his fielding this season along with his great numbers for soph year with yanks. And how many times he helped the yanks come from behind. How many clutch plays and hits he has had... He has definately been Valuable. Team MVP has to be Scheff... with Matsui not to far behind...

As far as who I would rather have... Well considering the Yankees "BUY" there championships. I would rather have Matsui over Ramirez...

Matsui - $5,000,000

Matsui - 108

Matsui - 31 HR

Matsui - .300 Avg

Matsui - Better Fielder

Matsui - 109 Runs

Matsui - 88 Walks

Matsui - 102 K's

Manny - $19,000,000 ??? I know it is around there

Manny - 130 RBIs Unless he has gotten more recently

Manny - 43 HR

Manny - .307 Avg

Manny - Worse Fielder

Manny - 108 Runs

Manny - 82 Walks

Manny - 124 K's

The only difference between the 2 players is 22 RBIs

and 12 Home Runs ( About the 22 RBIs )

All at an extra cost of $14,000,000 to Boston... :)

Sorry you cannot put Matsui Down. And I wouldn't be so fast to jump on my comment earlier...

lmao :laugh: did i just read that ??? a yamkee fan actually compared salary to justify the 'better' player ? hell has trully frozen over.

"about 22 RBIs... hmm from all the goose eggs you guyz have been laying lately, those would have easily amounted to 15 wins :rofl: