Clubplanet Nightlife Community

can you be racist in your attractions?

havokk

Do you think it is racist to not be attracted to certain groups? Is it a sign of closemindedness? For instance I find that while I'm attracted to women of all colors, I tend to be attracted to the ones with more white features, or of mixed heritage. Maybe its because I'm mixed as well, or maybe it is the media brainwashing the idea of the white beauty ideal. Is there such a thing as a universal standard of beauty or is it all cultural in nature?

i think everybody is naturally attracted to certain physical types, and im sure everybody has racial preferences (even tho they might never publically admit to it, on account of being politically correct)...but i dont think its racist to be that way

Agreed!!

Somethings I like, somethings I don't.

Not everyone like daisys. Some like roses, and tulips. They are all beautiful, but which one would you actually prefer over the other.

Me, I am a white guy and I prefer women of color. Any color, white, black, yellow, brown, I gives a damn. But, I won't do ugly chicks, I don't care what color you are, a burnt dried up flower of any kind is a burnt dried up flower. Maybe you still smell pretty, but damn bitch, you ugly.

Now if you start a mind set of - I won't go out with Italians because they are mean and hateful, or mexicans because they are demanding or whatever your reasons, then you are stereotyping. And stereotyping races is racism.

Finally a new topic (I think) which I find to be quite interesting. I guess it all depends on your perspective. For example, if you were Asian, and thought all white people were just unattractive (without singling out specific features that contribute to their unattractiveness) then I would consider that racism. But consider another example. If a black guy finds some latinas attractive (or some physical characteristics of a small group of latinas attractive) then I would just say that he's more inclined to like latinas (although he may not like all latinas). So it depends on whether a person is generalizing and saying that they like or dislike physical characteristics of an ethnic group as a whole (racism) or if they like some qualities of a particular ethinic group (personal preference).

Agreed!!

Now if you start a mind set of - I won't go out with Italians because they are mean and hateful, or mexicans because they are demanding or whatever your reasons, then you are stereotyping. And stereotyping races is racism.

I fucked up here - I meant something like...I like the way black women's asses are all nice and round so I only date black women. Bullshit, whit women have nice round asses too. (a lot harder to find sometimes) but they have them. I think, say if you see asains, I.e. oriental asians (I'll catch shit from this but just trying to say a difference from Russians, and pakistanis), and are not fond of the narrow eyes and straigh black hair, then hey it's a preference. I think everyone can have a preference.

maybe some can, like white supremist only dating other white supremist, but that is thier own say that matter where as others might be more ethnocentric for expample of being puerto rican and will only date puerto rican or italians dating only other italians. personally i like the idea of a "buffet" with a mix of whatever I would like to chose from. :)

maybe some can, like white supremist only dating other white supremist, but that is thier own say that matter where as others might be more ethnocentric for expample of being puerto rican and will only date puerto rican or italians dating only other italians. personally i like the idea of a "buffet" with a mix of whatever I would like to chose from. :)

I guess it's a fine line. I don't think it's racist to say that a certain group isn't usually sexually attractive to you, but could it be construed as racist to say that you would generally not date a certain group? That's the difference.

i won't way i discriminate, but like everyone else, i do have my preferences, and observations. i'm a whiteboy, and prefer white women...everything about them, but have been with white, african american, black carribean, asian american, and south american women. overall, i find that the non-white women that i'm attracted to, are the ones with the "whitest" features. that said, some of the most beautiful women i've ever seen have been white mixes, either asian, black or south american.

I guess im definately racist then when it comes to dating .... Im only into White or spanish guys... I would like 99.9% never date an asian or indian or black guy... also the guy hasssssssssssss to be tall.... its kool if ur a lil taller then me but omg NEVER shorter or the same height...

i think everybody is naturally attracted to certain physical types, and im sure everybody has racial preferences (even tho they might never publically admit to it, on account of being politically correct)...but i dont think its racist to be that way

See I told you to lay off the drugs for a reason - You actually said

something smart for the very first time... WOW!!

hmmm really interesting topic,

when i think about that i think i dont care about skin colour but i know a guy has to be taller that me,

i am a sucker for a beautiful eyes,

has to smell nice, and have nice hands.

cant say i do not like blondes but never dated or slept with one,

do not like toooo much muscles cuz if u touch a puffed guys like that u dont feel anything just rocks and u can break ur nails

I guess im definately racist then when it comes to dating .... Im only into White or spanish guys... I would like 99.9% never date an asian or indian or black guy... also the guy hasssssssssssss to be tall.... its kool if ur a lil taller then me but omg NEVER shorter or the same height...

ill have to agree with that....thee nationalities dont do anything for me really...im just not attracted to 99% of them

doesn't mean i think im better than them so i dont think its racist..u can't internally control whom are you attracted to

overall, i find that the non-white women that i'm attracted to, are the ones with the "whitest" features. that said, some of the most beautiful women i've ever seen have been white mixes, either asian, black or south american.

I'm the exact same way, and I'm not even white.

Do you think it is racist to not be attracted to certain groups? Is it a sign of closemindedness??

i think its just a prefference... i dont see anything more than that... if you choose a sicilian slice over a neopolitan slice does that mean you hate northern italians or you just prefer the square slice/style better~!?

i have a thing for girls with olive complexion, persian, greek, italian, the dark features the skintone, the bodies (on most not all)... oh man... :drool:

I have had white boyfriends, 2 black boyfriends, and an argentine boyfriend.

But, I never had an eskimo boyfriend, so maybe I am racist??? :bounce:

um...you must mean Aleut or Inuit...eskimo is considered a derogatory word, the same way Indian is offensive to native americans. not that i really give a fuck since i have never met a fucking eskimo, aleut or inuit.

um...you must mean Aleut or Inuit...eskimo is considered a derogatory word, the same way Indian is offensive to native americans. not that i really give a fuck since i have never met a fucking eskimo, aleut or inuit.

That is very PC of you.

eskimo eskimo eskimo eskimo eskimo eskimo eskimo eskimo eskimo

everyone likes white women! face the facts people as many of you do not want to say majority of white men do not like black chicks and the majority of black guys love white chicks! its just the facts of life! thats why black chicks get all pissed off when a black guy is dating a white chick they think they should be dating the black chicks. at least thats the way it is here in cleveland