Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto in LA on NYE! Ya heard?

skyviewjoe

He all,

Joe from NYC. I am planning to fly to LA to see tiesto on NYE. I would love any info you guys have heard. Heard he will be at spundae-godskitchen. What is the venue out there. Maybe he is going to be at the Giant village thing you guys are so lucky to have.... Not quite warm enough to do that here. Anyway, would love any info at all. Thanks

Joe :)

hmmm - i haven't heard anything about tiesto, but i'll ask around tomorrow...

i steer clear of giant events, though, no matter who's there. last year was BEYOND disastrous, and i don't need that kind of headache on new year's eve. giant is usually disorganized - to say the least - which can be overlooked if it's a one-dj affair, but i'll leave the nye thing to something more reliable (even if it's just kickin' back and spinning records with some friends :D ).

this year, l.a. is going to have the choice of seeing tiesto, or seeing (from what i've heard) a triple-bill of oakenfold, digweed and crystal method. my guess is the latter will be giant's event.

giant is notorious for their line fiascos. it may take up to an hour before you acutally get in, depending on when you get there. but that's the key, WHEN YOU GET THERE. i usually know what the lines at giant are like, so i make sure my arse is there early so i don't have to deal. the ones that usually bitch about the long lines are the onest that get there an hour or so before NYE.

last year, giant had oakenfold at the bonaventure hotel. they obviously didn't learn their mistakes from when they were holding their parties at park plaza. the whole idea of having separate rooms is disasterous - reaching room capacity required in-and-out privleges, which meant if you had to go to the bathroom or have a smoke, you'd have to stand in line to get back in once room capacity was reached. and i won't even go into detail about things like parking, hotel guest access, vip areas, metal detectors.

learing my lesson from going to giant's opening party at park plaza, i passed last year on giant's event and went to avalon to see digweed spin. and i was there till it ended around 8 in the morning... awesome. spundae didn't not have a nye party last year.

it looks as though giant is retroing back to its traditional nye party format - in the streets. if that's the case, that party will end by 4:00am. no word yet on where tiesto will be spinning. that info will be release 11/1 when tix go on sale. right now, i have yet to commit to a party. i'd do giant because of the dj line-up but not liking that it will end by 4:00a. i'd do spundae because of tiesto and that it'll go until morning, but it's only one dj versus giant's three. decisions, decisions...

hope this helps...

Mark Farina is also playing the Giant NYE party. being outdoors again, i seriously doubt lines will be a big issue, but you never know. and 4am will be the ending time, though they will have an after party the following afternoon.

as to Tiesto/Godskitchen, last i heard (in July) it will be at that dome thing in Long Beach....have yet to hear anything to the contrary...

last year, giant had oakenfold at the bonaventure hotel. they obviously didn't learn their mistakes from when they were holding their parties at park plaza. the whole idea of having separate rooms is disasterous - reaching room capacity required in-and-out privleges, which meant if you had to go to the bathroom or have a smoke, you'd have to stand in line to get back in once room capacity was reached. and i won't even go into detail about things like parking, hotel guest access, vip areas, metal detectors....
yeah - that's one of the biggest problems with giant: you can be in a room with all your friends, but, if you leave the dancefloor to go to the bathroom, you may never be able to reconnect with them for the rest of the night. too much hassle/drama. nothing is a sure bet on new year's, but i like to increase my chances of having a good time by avoiding whatever giant does.

tickets go on sale November 1st starting at $80!!! :doh: that's fvckin ridiculous..... 6 hours w/tiesto or possibly 12+ hours with Digweed for less..... hmmmmmm
$80?????????? that IS ridiculous. this may have to be an at-home new year's. i don't mind, either. friends are all i really need to have fun :heart: .