Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Oakenfold @ crobar thanksgiving eve

That isn't Oakenfold charging 50. When he's charging 25-35 everywhelse in the US and 50 in NY... It isn't Oakenfold.

Example. For New Years in LA, the lineup for Digweed, Oakenfold, Crystal Method, and Mark Farina (there will be more announced later) will run 75.00

Anyone want to take a guess how much PVD alone will be for New Years in NY? 150?

I'm hoping for winning contests, or reduced guestlists or something for Oakenfold.

last year for oakenfold at avalon on thanksgiving eve i think it was 40 bucks...

new years should be ridiculously high... for pvd @ exit... lol ridiculous!!!

I;ve seen Oakie probably like 6 or7 times and i have a blast each time. Yes, his sets have gotten shorter which is annoying but it is an amazing and extraordinary night out.

For those that say he sucks b.c he sold out and he went commercial... fine.

For those that say he sucks b.c his cd's are terrible... fine.

For those that say he sucks b.c he plays weak trance music...fine

I agree to a point but i dont give 2 shits. With me, all i care about is his live show that im paying to see. And over the years some of his shows have been the best nights out ive ever had- and ive been out Alot! Trancegiving at roseland, hammerstein, avalon, etc. were off the hook and the crowds were like none other. The music he spins when he plays in NY is not all gay trance shit. and when ppl say you cant dance to his music, thats a bunch of bullshit. The oakenfold shows i have been to- the music is great, the dancefloor is packed all night and the energy is very high.

I feel like some of the ppl that bash him have never even seen him play live. Some of my friends were like that until i took them to a show and proved them wrong. They would say, i dont like trance or he sucks, not my style, etc. but then they wind up having a sick time and thanking me at the end of the night.

Anyways, my only complaint is the length of his recent sets. Sorry for the long post, just my $.02

I don't know why nobody is seeing this...this is TRANCEGIVING where it should be, on Thanksgiving Day!!! not Thanksgiving EVE.....for all of you Oakey haters out there, please don't come to the show!! Oakey started real progressive Trance and still to this day is the best DJ in the world...IMO....just needed to clear this up because thanksgiving eve sucks....its the next biggest amateur night compared to NYE....have a good one....for all those oakey fans that are loyal and have gone to the original Trancegiving events at hammerstein, I'll see you there.....

OAKEY! OAKEY! OAKEY! OAKEY! :bounce:

i was 9 nd 10 yrs old myself at the time but hearing those acid house records he was making and played along with the balearic dance rock sounding anthems(pre trance) were amazing. Around 93 is when he started the whole change to trance sounds. And what do you think he was spinnin in 1984 in ibiza? Well he was influence by LARRY LEVAN@THE PARADISE GARAGE. i fogot all about this thread.

We used to call it Trancegiving....but Oaki has definately lost his touch....Don't get me wrong...he is a genious...and can produce great music (and movie soundtracks) He just lost his touch on the Dance Floor and don't give a shit about the fans anymore....I remember the night at Hamerstein Ball room....we paid $50.00 to get in...and the fucker spined for 2 hours (2 HOURS!!!!) What an outrage.......

Anyhow...if you are looking for a realy Trancegiving night....go to Avlaon and see Infected Mushrooms doing a live show (really live) These guys are super talanted and I can't remember even one time I went to their gig and the vibe was not super amazing......

Peace.

i was 9 nd 10 yrs old myself at the time but hearing those acid house records he was making and played along with the balearic dance rock sounding anthems(pre trance) were amazing. Around 93 is when he started the whole change to trance sounds. And what do you think he was spinnin in 1984 in ibiza? Well he was influence by LARRY LEVAN@THE PARADISE GARAGE. i fogot all about this thread.

where can i get his old acid house tunes

do you know

thnx

Anyhow...if you are looking for a realy Trancegiving night....go to Avlaon and see Infected Mushrooms doing a live show (really live) These guys are super talanted and I can't remember even one time I went to their gig and the vibe was not super amazing......

Infected Mushroom puts on a performance like no one I've ever seen. Words can't really describe it. I saw them back in May and was completely blown away! Can't wait for this one!!

Ive been clubbing since the late 70s, studio 54, xenon, etc etc

oakey roxy trancegiving 1999 was one of the greatest sets of music in in nyc club history.

ive seen quite a few other classixc oakey sets- marc ballrm perfecto 98, bowery ballroom twice, miami 2000 & 2001,

ive heard every top dj u can name from diggers & DT to coxy & junior, morales, carter, knuckles, lawler, sander, sanchez, vibe, etc etc.

many of the top djs many times -

when oakey was in his magic zone circa 1998-99 it was one of the peaks in dance music history. you were either there & aware, or you missed it.

oakey now? .... my thksgiving choice is DT & lawler