Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why is it socially acceptable to.....

ok im in no way italian... im actually irish.. but i have noticed that it is socially acceptable to hate on guido's and guinea's and goombah's and meatballs and whatever else you call them..

my question is... why is it ok to generalize about them... why is it socially acceptable to call someone a guido or a goombah or meatball and not be scolded for it? Why it is not accepted by society to call blacks, spanish, jewish, middleeasterners etc. by degrading names?? why do we get scolded for that??

half the people on this board use guido in a condecending manner... and i bet these same people would flip out if someone posted something like "oh man that club was filled with all spics/jews/towelheads/homos and or that almighty N word" god if you say the n word people suffer a stroke but with guido it's acceptable...

ahh just something i observed... does this make any sense to anyone??

Guido is not a deragatory term for italians that's why. Usually when someone calls some a guido or a meatball they mean the typical juicehead with spikes/bandana who thinks he is connected because he eats at the corner pizzaria & watched Good Fellas 9000 times & he that looks like every other juicehead . My Italian friends make fun of guidos & they are not self loathing by anymeans. There could & are Irish guidos, Jewish guidos even Indian Guidos etc. etc.

true..makes you think. But i actually use that word guido as a description for the typical "nj spikey hair, juicemonkey crowd" has nothing to do with being italian at this point. Second of all...they call themselves guidos..these morons are proud to be the ROACHES of true electronic music club culture.

www.njguido.com <~~example.

what about black people... they call themselves niggas... but if a white person says it.... look out!!!

what about black people... they call themselves niggas... but if a white person says it.... look out!!!

That's just the typical double standard brought on by liberals suffering from the white guilt. Same reason black comics can do "cracka" jokes all day long & certain rappers can advocate violence on whites in their songs.

That's just the typical double standard brought on by liberals suffering from the white guilt. Same reason black comics can do "cracka" jokes all day long & certain rappers can advocate violence on whites in their songs.

please explain... white guilt??

^ i was thinking that, but i didnt mention it. Well, to me the whole hip hop culture went to shit. back in the day..it was about social progression....music..love..it was kinda like the rave scene.

they rapped about "doesnt matter if your black or white just dance..." shit like that..or fight the power...they were smart..educated..and really progressed.

THEN

gangstar rap came out and ruined everything. Now its kool to be ignorant..its kool to not care about anything but gold teeth and rims...its kool to be violent and hateful. And now its growing like a virus..people are just jumping intot his culture, because anyone can be in it..as long as you dress a certain way..talk a certain way..etc etc...they make up words like BLING..and CRUNK..and everyone from little high school punks to big corp execs bite off something from that culture..i think its pathetic. TRUE HIP HOP..i am a fan of...but shit that goes on today...to me...is just stupid people all getting together.,.being proud that they are stupid and materialistic.

so n e wayz..to answer your question..i dont know why..but they make up their own rules.

i wish hip hop went back to its roots..back to a day when it was ART...now now ...where everything is so ignorant. and lets be honest..i hate hearing hip hop mixes..when u have some guy screaming..YEAHHHHH ...LETS GET STOOPID..MOTHER FUCKERS!..MOTHER FUCKER DJ "WHATEVER'..EATIN SOME CORNBRED>>NIGGAA>>YEAH YEAH>>>

and the screaming continues for like 40% of the song.

grr

true hip hop = common, de la soul, mos def, tribe called quest.etc etc

NOT LIL JON...NOT BIGGIE....NOT ANY OF THAT SHIT

true..makes you think. But i actually use that word guido as a description for the typical "nj spikey hair, juicemonkey crowd" has nothing to do with being italian at this point. Second of all...they call themselves guidos..these morons are proud to be the ROACHES of true electronic music club culture.

www.njguido.com <~~example.

True dat

^ i was thinking that, but i didnt mention it. Well, to me the whole hip hop culture went to shit. back in the day..it was about social progression....music..love..it was kinda like the rave scene.

they rapped about "doesnt matter if your black or white just dance..." shit like that..or fight the power...they were smart..educated..and really progressed.

THEN

gangstar rap came out and ruined everything. Now its kool to be ignorant..its kool to not care about anything but gold teeth and rims...its kool to be violent and hateful. And now its growing like a virus..people are just jumping intot his culture, because anyone can be in it..as long as you dress a certain way..talk a certain way..etc etc...they make up words like BLING..and CRUNK..and everyone from little high school punks to big corp execs bite off something from that culture..i think its pathetic. TRUE HIP HOP..i am a fan of...but shit that goes on today...to me...is just stupid people all getting together.,.being proud that they are stupid and materialistic.

so n e wayz..to answer your question..i dont know why..but they make up their own rules.

i wish hip hop went back to its roots..back to a day when it was ART...now now ...where everything is so ignorant. and lets be honest..i hate hearing hip hop mixes..when u have some guy screaming..YEAHHHHH ...LETS GET STOOPID..MOTHER FUCKERS!..MOTHER FUCKER DJ "WHATEVER'..EATIN SOME CORNBRED>>NIGGAA>>YEAH YEAH>>>

and the screaming continues for like 40% of the song.

grr

true hip hop = common, de la soul, mos def, tribe called quest.etc etc

NOT LIL JON...NOT BIGGIE....NOT ANY OF THAT SHIT

True hip hop also =anything old school real old school

please explain... white guilt??

A lot of white people are taugh to feel guilty about slavery or lack of civil rights at one point & are afraid of having slavery & jim crow or whatever happened thrown in their face therefore mainstream society finds it ok for black on white racism to exsist because of the "look what we did to them back then" guilt.

u know what else annoys me? The jews talk about the holocaust...holocaust this..holocaust that..OK NOT ONLY THE JEWS WERE KILLED. GREEKS..ITALIANS..ETC ETC..we ALL got slaughtered pretty much. BUT ALL YOU HEAR ABOUT IS THE JEWS. I mean, the armenians got slaughtered by the turks 10x worse than the jews did in ww2. Do people say anything about that ?..but no...all u heara bout is the jews and how horrible it was that it happened to THEM (as if it didnt effect anyone else in the world).

u know what else annoys me? The jews talk about the holocaust...holocaust this..holocaust that..OK NOT ONLY THE JEWS WERE KILLED. GREEKS..ITALIANS..ETC ETC..we ALL got slaughtered pretty much. BUT ALL YOU HEAR ABOUT IS THE JEWS. I mean, the armenians got slaughtered by the turks 10x worse than the jews did in ww2. Do people say anything about that ?..but no...all u heara bout is the jews and how horrible it was that it happened to THEM (as if it didnt effect anyone else in the world).

when was there systemactic ethnic cleansing of italians?. Certainly not during WW2 when Mousalini was swinging from Hitler's nuts.

Other people were killed during WW2, true, but Hitler didn't set out specifically to kill off other ethnicities & didn't make other ethnic groups wear certain marks on their clothes or arm tattoos like he did the Jews. The 3rd Reich killed a lot of civilians but they concentrated on systematically wiping the Jews out.

i jumped too quickly by putting the italian statement in. Greeks yes..armenians yes...and MANY others. but back to the whole hip hop thing.

hip-hop used to be about getting out of the streets. Now its about being proud to be from the streets..its become some kind of credibility...kids that come from niec homes on long island try to act like street kids..its pathetic...grrr

ok im in no way italian... im actually irish.. but i have noticed that it is socially acceptable to hate on guido's and guinea's and goombah's and meatballs and whatever else you call them..

my question is... why is it ok to generalize about them... why is it socially acceptable to call someone a guido or a goombah or meatball and not be scolded for it? Why it is not accepted by society to call blacks, spanish, jewish, middleeasterners etc. by degrading names?? why do we get scolded for that??

half the people on this board use guido in a condecending manner... and i bet these same people would flip out if someone posted something like "oh man that club was filled with all spics/jews/towelheads/homos and or that almighty N word" god if you say the n word people suffer a stroke but with guido it's acceptable...

ahh just something i observed... does this make any sense to anyone??

"Guido" used to be a derogatory term to descirbe the first generations of italians. It described greasy italians in beaters, chains, etc. and even now the older generations will find that term offensive. I think our generation however, has made that word into a style - as opposed to describing a class of people.

lol, uh oh, this thread sounds like it is getting serious!

I'm mostly Italian, but have never really thought there was a big issue with the whole guido thing. I think the whole clubplanet use of it is to describe the above-mentioned type of guy clubber..lol

I do have a problem with the white/black issue we have going on though. People need to stop looking back on history and start dealing with the present day if that problem will ever get better.

A lot of white people are taugh to feel guilty about slavery or lack of civil rights at one point & are afraid of having slavery & jim crow or whatever happened thrown in their face therefore mainstream society finds it ok for black on white racism to exsist because of the "look what we did to them back then" guilt.

You couldn't be more off base if you tried. You should really stop reading neo-con tripe. I grew up in the suburbs and I can tell you that there was very little guilt by anyone living there about what was happening in the 'poor black areas'. Actually it was more like spite and ridicule for the people less fortunate. Also... it didn't matter what race you were degrading...black, white, asian..doesn't matter, because the true dividing lines in this country are done by economic class, not race.

Racial tension is a tool for the ignorant, by the ignorant and perpretuated in the hands of the ignorant...usually at their own expense.. and at the benefit of the people who have the clout to have a say in the way this country is run. Congratulations, you help keep those people in charge, and guess what!...You're not one of them!

Open your eyes.

And that's comin from a person of color. :aright:

I do have a problem with the white/black issue we have going on though. People need to stop looking back on history and start dealing with the present day if that problem will ever get better.

i agree, if we keep focusing on the past, it will just fuel anger. We need to forgive and forget and move on. I sometimes feel like blacks seperate themselves from whites to feel different. I mean now a days..its more black on white racism..then white on black racism. I think in reality..most educated people hold no labels...i look at someone and i see them..not their skin. But if i see a thug...i see a thug..whether white or black..and my first thoughts are..stupid...violent...ignorant etc..because thats waht i thnk about the whole thug culture as described above. i mean, im sure alot of educated blacks in this country get furious when they see thugs on tv..in the streets etc etc...because THOSE ARENT ALL BLACKS. an dsome people associate all blakcs with THUGS. which is false as we know. People are people. I respect u..and extend my freindship and humanity as long as i receive the same.