Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pedro Martinez... 10/14/04

captainpec

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pedro was good last nite , Yanks let him off the hook in theat first inning they def. should have put up more than 1 run

that being said Pedro at htis point cant go more than 6 innings or 100 pitches , cant beat the yanks when it counts and still needs a haircut

by the way did you catch the post game press confeerences ...

talk about lobbying for a job , pedro was pretty much ready to give oral to GEorgie S lookin for a job next year

pedro i dont want you here

boggs and clemens was enough

Why did ya trade him then?

because despite a decent record the guy couldnt pitch in big games and couldn beat boston ...2 things ya gotta do if you wanna stay in pinstripes

he also was mentally fragile...not good thing pitching in the Bx

Everybody knows that as a GM you have to take chances. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt but Jon Leiber is with out a doubt pitching real well for the Bombers. It was a risk signing a pitcher who hasn't thrown a ball in two years but he is proving that it was worth the risk. It is good to see someone like that bounce back from an injury and pitch the way that he has since the All-Star break.

As for Contreras, he didn't live up to the expectations here but he probably will end up having a decent career somewhere else. And if he doesnt who cares.

He had great stuff, just wasn't getting ahead of batters...the Yankees are a very patient team....

Serious question though for Boston fans...how annoying was it to keep hearing those "whose your daddy" chants...were you like, why did this guy (pedro) have to make such a stupid comment? Shit had to be mad annoying.

He had great stuff, just wasn't getting ahead of batters...the Yankees are a very patient team....

Serious question though for Boston fans...how annoying was it to keep hearing those "whose your daddy" chants...were you like, why did this guy (pedro) have to make such a stupid comment? Shit had to be mad annoying.

I dunno?

how annoying is it when Boston chants "Yankees Suck" or "Jeter Sucks"? now NY is stooping to that low level fan base they call the Red Sox Nation and actually using profanity....who would've ever known?

ps....funny how the Yankees fan base and media were priding themselves on being upscale compared to Boston, but in the end, the media was and fans were just full of shit

I dunno?

how annoying is it when Boston chants "Yankees Suck" or "Jeter Sucks"? now NY is stooping to that low level fan base they call the Red Sox Nation and actually using profanity....who would've ever known?

ps....funny how the Yankees fan base and media were priding themselves on being upscale compared to Boston, but in the end, the media was and fans were just full of shit

think this is a little different ...Yankee fans shouting something a bosux player said/admitted himself , and the 1918 chant is another factual chant

Chanting the yankees suck albeit a war cry for the pitiful masses known as redcox nation ..its a falsehood as 26 championships can back that up

so i wouldnt consider it "stooping " to anyones level

..its a baseball game 35,000 in fenway or 55,0000 in yankee stadium can chant whatever the fuck they want

upscale?? i dont remember too many articles praising how "polite" the yankee fans are

As for all the Boston fans riding Pedro's jock...the proof is in the pudding...overrated...do yourselves a favor and let him walk after the season is over

Sorry but I have to disagree with you there - Pedro Martinez is an outstanding pitcher..

Last nite they were discussing whether or not Pedro would go to the Hall of Fame if he retired this year, and the announcers said ABSOLUTELY.

Not that the stupid FOX announcers know what the hell they're talking about half the time, but they showed an interesting fact - they put up comparison numbers for Pedro and for Sandy Koufax - Pedro's numbers are almost identical to those of Sandy's, in some categories he's already surpassed those of Koufax's.. the only stat they showed that was much better for Koufax was complete games - he had close to 150 whereas Pedro has liker 42 or something like that.

The guy is still one of the best pitchers in baseball, even if he's not as dominant as he was a few years ago. I definitely don't agree that he's overrated.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you there - Pedro Martinez is an outstanding pitcher..

Last nite they were discussing whether or not Pedro would go to the Hall of Fame if he retired this year, and the announcers said ABSOLUTELY.

Not that the stupid FOX announcers know what the hell they're talking about half the time, but they showed an interesting fact - they put up comparison numbers for Pedro and for Sandy Koufax - Pedro's numbers are almost identical to those of Sandy's, in some categories he's already surpassed those of Koufax's.. the only stat they showed that was much better for Koufax was complete games - he had close to 150 whereas Pedro has liker 42 or something like that.

The guy is still one of the best pitchers in baseball, even if he's not as dominant as he was a few years ago. I definitely don't agree that he's overrated.

He doesn't win when it counts...simple as that...and Sox fans please don't bring up results from 4-5 years ago...thanks!

He needed to be lights out last nite and wasn't...he choked. He lost to John Leiber...freakin Leiber?!?! Come on now...

He doesn't win when it counts...simple as that...and Sox fans please don't bring up results from 4-5 years ago...thanks!

He needed to be lights out last nite and wasn't...he choked. He lost to John Leiber...freakin Leiber?!?! Come on now...

what pitcher wouldnt have lost to Lieber last night?

I don't know of any Leiber that pitched last nite..

(there was a Lieber though who was outstanding last nite).. ;)

i think these are 2 different questions.

i think martinez's production has gone down the last 2 years. he used o pitch complete games left and right, now he's lucky to pitch 6 solid innings. i would let him go at the end of the year and use the $$$ to get a pitcher in his prime.