Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ferry @ Avalon .. REVIEWED

i wish i coulda vomited all over that fucking crowd then it might have smelled a little better too. i've seen it bad at avalon but last night was just terrible. always sucks when you have a good dj ruined by a shitty crowd. anyway, ferry was good but i def had enough of avalon for a long time.

last night was amazing at the same time, miserable...

avalon fucking went down the tubes.. ferry fucking killed it but the crowd was incredibly week... again, i feel like i was partying in hong kong... no disrespect to people who can control themselves and shit.. but a big dildo in the ass to those who cant...

Ferry was awsome. "rock your body rock" made my night. Avalon has changed though. I haven't been there in a while, but I don't like this whole business w/ the drag queens and big blocks in the middle of the dancefloor. It reminds me of Ikon. And it's true, it did stink in there.

i'm not really into trance but Ferry Corsten tore it the fuck up, he had me and all my friends just dancing like crazy all night it was amazing. We left at 5am I think he was still going and we were all soaked when we left.

Yah the crowd was smelly, what the fuck, don't people beleive in deodorant :deadfish:

i had a great time...I danced the entire time i was there...what was up w/ the fire that broke out under the stage? I heard someone lit a shirt on fire....what the hell?

someone was probably lighting a match or two to drown out that horrible odor that was eminating throughout the club... i dont blame them...

WHAT A FUKIN JOKE. DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT BUT THE DJ SUCKED. Hes up in the dj booth pumping his fist and absolutely nothing was happening with the music. Huge let down after hearing everyone rave about him. What was up with that crowd ? That was the worst crowd I have ever seen inside of a club, and no disrespect but what's with all the asians ???? The only other thing that rivaled the Dj's sucky music were those disgusting drag queens on stage. It was such a lame attempt by the promoters to make this party something it is not. So much for going to see Bad Boy Bill Nov. 6. I won't be setting foot back in Avalon for a long time.

Last night was sik! THe chicks dancing on the speakers were unbeleivably hot. The breaks where great, the giesha transvestites were wierd as hell, but I hadn't seen anything like that before.... This from someone who went by themselves and wasn't rolling... So much better than Tiesto a few months ago...

Where are the freakin lasers though???????????

the dj sucked???? far from it... he definitely had the crowd into it... he def worked that room last night... binary finary... omg!!! the song was fucking ridiculous... i went nuts for that truck and it looked like a bunch of others did too.l.. and yeah last night was definitely like 80-90 asian...

I totally wasn't planning on going to Avalon, but after having a few vodka tonics at a boring bar on the lower West side, I changed my mind on the spur of the moment. And what an insane night...showed up at 1, and the line was wrapped around past the courtyard, but it moved fast and we got in by 1:30. The club was, as expected, extremely hot, smelly and packed like a sardine can. Nevertheless, I still had a great time...walked right into VIP (there was no one regulating apparently) and found a little more room to dance...spent about half the night on the dance floor, pretty much sandwiched in between girls...I definitely agree with the other posts about the crowd sucking. Also the fat drag queens' area on the main level honestly takes up about 1/4 of the dance space, Avalon what are you thinking???? But anyway what saved the night was Ferry - I saw him last year at Avalon and this was in my opinion just as good a set...I was so wasted so I don't remember much, but he did play Adagio for Strings, Binary Finary, Right of Way, BT - Somnambulist (great track!), and Rock your Body Rock (had the place jumping). Ended up leaving the club around 5, was gonna go to Morillo @ Disco but thought better of it, I don't think I wouldve lasted an hour in the shape I was in...overall a great night, I hope Ferry considers playing at Crobar next time he comes to NYC.

yeah last night was absolutly the worst i have ever seen it. G@ysians in full effect last night. I dont mind that ppl do drugs, but ppl couldnt handle themselves last night. No room to dance with those damn boxes on the floor and the damn Drags on stage took up more damn room.

AVALON- you need to do something about the out in the open drug use, smoking and know whats up when a big dj is coming not to put boxes in the middle of the floor.

Enough of beating down the obvious.

Ferry- as always you rocked. I wish i could have stayed later but other forces were driving me out. Great tracks while i was there.

Billy