Clubplanet Nightlife Community

UK Visitor to NYC New Years Eve - Advice Pls

Hi there

I am coming over to NYC on 28th December for 5 nights and then flying on to Vegas for 5 nights, just wondered where the best places are to head for the funky house sounds - never been before so well looking forward to it, just want to make sure we hit all the right places!

Any help on clubs and line ups would be much appreciated, have heard of Cielo and Shelter but that's all.

Thanks in advance

Shaun

My advise, do not settle for clubs based on reputation for being "super clubs"

Especially around those times, there will be so many hot acts and you will not want to find your self up the block in some old venue.

Therefore, I suggest, just do some research on djs playing in NY in that time, wait and you will see some advertisement on this forum for upcoming events. That I think will be your best bet. Also, use the search engine and look up particular clubs in ny and find out what is happening in their establishments.

Do the same as if you were in the UK. Trust me, clubbing is no different as far as research is concerned.......

If you ask here, people will throw you clubs and you will end up in someplace totally out of your league because that night, a different dj may be playing. Especially, NY does not have too many funk house residencies that are stationary. Most of the funk house djs travel to other places because NY is not too well known for funky house any more.

pvd is at ikon, so expect every joey, salvatore, and Frank from Long Island and Jersey to be there. (meaning stay away)

why not just say nigger, spic, whap, fag while you're at it? seriously, i can't believe how frustrating it is to see adults (or atleast that's what I am hoping you are) putting others down because of their nationality or background...

you must have a real chip on your shoulder...

why not just say nigger, spic, whap, fag while you're at it? seriously, i can't believe how frustrating it is to see adults (or atleast that's what I am hoping you are) putting others down because of their nationality or background...

you must have a real chip on your shoulder...

*********: That why I am off this board,,,, Every other post is now about

someone, something, all bad news... I thought this was a board where

people could go and find out what DJ's are playing and a about the clubs/scene along with "Do's and Don'ts" instead there is just bashing going on...

its too early,

pvd is at ikon, so expect every joey, salvatore, and Frank from Long Island and Jersey to be there. (meaning stay away)

best bet would be to check back in a bit

since when the hell did pvd have a guido/musclehead following?? ...

I don't think the other poster was trying to be racist. But it is fact that you will see alot of b&t'rs (bridge&tunnel) with their spiked up hair and wifebeaters.....that know nothing about nyc nightlife besides occasionaly going to big clubs like IKON. And since it is PVD, who has reached commercial status, you'll defn get a huge turnout of this type of crowd. However, again it is PVD (still one of the best dj's in the world) spinning at a big, open space such as IKON.......I'm so sick of Avalon and Crobar....where most major DJ's have been going....so this will defn be a hard opportunity to pass up for new years eve.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
I don't think the other poster was trying to be racist. But it is fact that you will see alot of b&t'rs (bridge&tunnel) with their spiked up hair and wifebeaters.....that know nothing about nyc nightlife besides occasionaly going to big clubs like IKON. And since it is PVD, who has reached commercial status, you'll defn get a huge turnout of this type of crowd. However, again it is PVD (still one of the best dj's in the world) spinning at a big, open space such as IKON.......I'm so sick of Avalon and Crobar....where most major DJ's have been going....so this will defn be a hard opportunity to pass up for new years eve.

I do not feel 411 is being "racist", but must we stereotype so much? If I said the same thing about black people or spanish people, would it not be taken offensively?

Just because Italians may not be considered a minoirty, it still isn't right. Granted, the comment is not the end of the world, but still - must we judge people by the way they look or where they come from?

I understand it may not be your scene 411, but that does not make it a bad time. Some people enjoy "spkied hair" and "wifebeaters" (me pesonally, I'll pass), others like to rock sean john or klien, does that really matter though? I dunno, I personally am not a big believer in stereotyping (or at least I try not to). I have met plenty of people of all walks of life, and at the end of the day - we are all entitled to be ourselves, whatever that may be, without judgement being passed on.

i guess sometimes it's not a perfect world, 411 is enitled to his opinion just as much as everyone else... i do not wish to turn this thread into a lecture or a rambling about stereotyping...

hope everyone hits up some of these phat parties this weekend... i know a few friends of mine and myself will be stopping by avalon to see felix... friday's hitchcock theme with HOME will be pretty hot too...

hello mr. 411 as you can see by my screen name i am italian! does that mean i am a guido juice head! no! to me its all about the music! and the question asked what is the info for new years! so stick to the question and answer it! stop being a child and making yourself look like an ignorant ****head! i guarantee that you go to these clubs with your redbull vodka and stabd for hours going eh eh yo look at those losers! when in reality look at your self! think about it. to the person that asked the question it is a little early for that info but some people gave you some great ideas. keep looking and plenty of info will start being posted!