Clubplanet Nightlife Community

protein consumption

fineones

My opinion... ever little bit helps. In today's day and age people force overnight diets on their bodies and that's why they all fail after a month or two. If you gradually change, your body would still accept since every bit helps. Additionally, the single most important time to supplement with protein is after a workout since your body is craving nutrients, etc. I would suggest getting that down pack for starters and then incorporate another shake in the morning when you wake up.

Your main point right now should be to get some sort of protein content into each meal... it's not that hard since deli's have turkey and you can get turkey sandwhiches very easily... burgers are a dime a dozen as well. Burgers might not be the healthy option right now, but will help you put on weight and have ample protein content. Don't delay any further since your bulking window is slowing diminishing and before you know it, the summer is right around the corner.

haha, good point. I think I'll take your advice for now. I already eat quite a lot of chicken, I'll start homemade burgers, tuna fish sandwiches, etc. and also pick up some protein powder. Once the New Year starts, I'll buckle down and plan out a proper diet that I'll stick to.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well since you're making meal plans, heres todays diet, and maybe someone can figure out how to improve it:

right here was todas diet

wake 6.05am

6.30am

pineapple, orange

2 servings (100g) oats

protein shake(.5l milk, .25l cream, 2 scoops mass builder, 2 scoops protein 90 (casein)

10am

tin tuna (130g)

tin baked beans(400g)

*used to take eggs and peanuts at this time but couldn't stomach it any longer

1pm

1.5 servings brown rice(150g)

300g turkey breast

cranberry sauce

4pm

Protein shake (as before)

7.30pm

450g round steak

spinach, brocoli, green beans

3 slices whole wheat bread (some days a serving of rice instead)

50g emedale cheese

11pm

1 or 2 tubs cottage cheese (450g)

6 slices rye bread

sleep

between meals i drink about .5l of water

and i take a magnesium supplement with the shakes

I am talking about meals, if you are just taking protein extracts and pay the extra $$$ for it go ahead...I just plan my meals for the maximum benefits, the only time I take a protein supplement is after my workout, but for the whole day I just eat regular smaller meals that give me the right amount of nutrients, proteins, carbs etc....

4-5 hrs between meals in managable, it is hard to go out and eat every 2hrs plus eating that many meals versus 4-5 hrs apart has very little difference.

Your body can only absorb about 30gms of protein at most...the rest is just gone to waste....infact if you eat too much excessive proteins the parasites in your stomach are going to digest the excessive proteins and the result is you are going to be farting...and the more protein those parasitics absorb the more Sulphur dioxide they will produce..i.e your fart is going to be stinking...

why would anybody wait 6 hours before consuming a meal of protein?

this is not necessarily true, your body will absorb however much protein it needs at the moment

that depends on what kind of protein your consuming, slow digesting proteins such as casein take that long. whey protein does not take 6-8 hrs to absorb

eating a meal with protein every 4-5 hours is much too long to wait, especially if your trying to build muscle. On top of that, how do you propose to eat more meals when you're waiting 4-5 hours in between meals?

eh im a little slow on the metric conversion, but all the foods youre eating look ok. I take it your trying to put on some weight? It'd be best if you calculated the total amount of carbs, proteins, and fats this comes out to in total, and the calories as well. That would help a bunch.

I am talking about meals, if you are just taking protein extracts and pay the extra $$$ for it go ahead...I just plan my meals for the maximum benefits, the only time I take a protein supplement is after my workout, but for the whole day I just eat regular smaller meals that give me the right amount of nutrients, proteins, carbs etc....

4-5 hrs between meals in managable, it is hard to go out and eat every 2hrs plus eating that many meals versus 4-5 hrs apart has very little difference.

Your body can only absorb about 30gms of protein at most...the rest is just gone to waste....infact if you eat too much excessive proteins the parasites in your stomach are going to digest the excessive proteins and the result is you are going to be farting...and the more protein those parasitics absorb the more Sulphur dioxide they will produce..i.e your fart is going to be stinking...

people fart all the time, it's natural. and we can go on debating about the 30g of protein limit as much as we did the tuna but im sure you wont find conclusive studies supporting that either, although 30g each meal is a pretty good amount to shoot for. Bottom line is at the end of the day, you should be lookin at your total daily caloric intake if you're looking to lose or gain, not just how many grams of protein are in each meal.

people do fart, the question is do you want your farts to stink real bad...

people fart all the time, it's natural. and we can go on debating about the 30g of protein limit as much as we did the tuna but im sure you wont find conclusive studies supporting that either, although 30g each meal is a pretty good amount to shoot for. Bottom line is at the end of the day, you should be lookin at your total daily caloric intake if you're looking to lose or gain, not just how many grams of protein are in each meal.

I have been off protein supplementation right now since I have been sick and now is when I have rank ass. I don't have gas anymore from drinking protein shakes... the only potential time would be if I have a shake with milk... and that's the milk's fault... not the protein. Any undigested food will cause gas. That's why you don't overconsume.

ok, so I just bout some Whey protein. It says that your should take two servings each day, each serving being from 1 to 2 scoops. This might sound like a stupid question, but what is a "scoop". Because they have a huge ass spoon in the container. I don't know how much of this stuff to mix into my orange juice. Is it two tablespoons or two huge scoops from the thing they give you? Supposedly two scoops is 32 grams.

What's a good way of measuring out the right portion? I don't have anything in my place that would measure grams.

well since you're making meal plans, heres todays diet, and maybe someone can figure out how to improve it:

right here was todas diet

wake 6.05am

6.30am

pineapple, orange

2 servings (100g) oats

protein shake(.5l milk, .25l cream, 2 scoops mass builder, 2 scoops protein 90 (casein)

10am

tin tuna (130g)

tin baked beans(400g)

*used to take eggs and peanuts at this time but couldn't stomach it any longer

1pm

1.5 servings brown rice(150g)

300g turkey breast

cranberry sauce

4pm

Protein shake (as before)

7.30pm

450g round steak

spinach, brocoli, green beans

3 slices whole wheat bread (some days a serving of rice instead)

50g emedale cheese

11pm

1 or 2 tubs cottage cheese (450g)

6 slices rye bread

sleep

between meals i drink about .5l of water

and i take a magnesium supplement with the shakes

I would get rid of drinking cassein shakes in the morning. When you wake up, more times than none your body is catabolic... YOU CAN PUT ON MUSCLE WHEN YOU ARE ANABOLIC. As such, a quick absorbed protein (ie. Whey) is the ticket as this will jump your metabolism back on track.

I really didn't look at food quantities due to time constraints.

Good God. If you have parasites in your body, you need to go to your ex (who is a doctor) and be treated. We have a normal flora in our digestive tract, which is bacteria (E.coli). We have a mutualistic relation ship with these bacteria. We provide them with food and shelter, they provide us with vitamins and minerals and also allow us to digest certain foods such as undigestable fibers. The by product of these bacteria is methane gas, which only indicates that these bacteria are working to help us breakdown foods. Very little of these are protein, they are mainly cellulose. Extra protein is usually sent out with the feces when it is not digested.

If you are going to make claims or statements, you might want to spend a couple of minutes thinking before you speak. If you do not have the ability to think, then try www.google.com.

nautica

ok, so I just bout some Whey protein. It says that your should take two servings each day, each serving being from 1 to 2 scoops. This might sound like a stupid question, but what is a "scoop". Because they have a huge ass spoon in the container. I don't know how much of this stuff to mix into my orange juice. Is it two tablespoons or two huge scoops from the thing they give you? Supposedly two scoops is 32 grams.

What's a good way of measuring out the right portion? I don't have anything in my place that would measure grams.

usually whatever scoop comes in the container is what you're supposed to use. So if it says 2 scoops then use that huge ass spoon to scoop out the powder. what brand of powder did u get btw?