Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BORRIS IS THE NEW jonathan?!!

every place is gonna have it's share of drugs. but it's one thing if everyone is smart about doing their shit vs the asses that just do bumps in the middle of the fucking dancefloor. if you wanna do it and can handle it go for it, just don't be like those sloppy avalon people that bump into everyone and sweat and stink up the place like hell.

I am coming to nyc to hit up either crobar or spirit for the first time. which is the better club? which is the bigger one? which one is easier to do my stuff in?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which one is easier to do my stuff in?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

how bout..which has the better music....which has the better vibe....but nooooo...which is easier to do my stuff in?..is that why u go out?..drugs can enhance an experience..but it shouldnt BE the experience.

Boris is horrible, wanted to slit my wrists at crobar. All his music sounded like tetris and pots and pans.

And the crowd, it was like they were giving away free ICE hair spiker or something.

And every girl was on meth and had fake boobs.

Actually, it was JUST LIKE a JP show

I have to disagree with you here. I hate the spirit JP crowd but go to crobar a couple times a month (its my favorite club right now). The crobar crowd is much friendlier, classier, and keeps their shirts on. They also are much more discreet with their drug use, and you don't see many spiky haired guidos at all. I actually saw an overtanned juicehead with his A|X tanktop doing the little bicep pump dance that he must have learned at spirit and everyone that saw pointed their fingers and laughed (not to mention he didnt get any chicks). Though you probably are correct about the girls having fake boobs.

Musicwise, I have to say that Boris is probably the worst DJ I have heard in NYC, though I have only heard him twice lol. At least jp does his pots and pans consistently. Luckily crobar usually brings in awesome talent when Boris isn't playing. But I think crobar is the only big-room in the city nowadays that consistently has a good vibe.

I have to disagree with you here. I hate the spirit JP crowd but go to crobar a couple times a month (its my favorite club right now). The crobar crowd is much friendlier, classier, and keeps their shirts on. They also are much more discreet with their drug use, and you don't see many spiky haired guidos at all. I actually saw an overtanned juicehead with his A|X tanktop doing the little bicep pump dance that he must have learned at spirit and everyone that saw pointed their fingers and laughed (not to mention he didnt get any chicks). Though you probably are correct about the girls having fake boobs.

Musicwise, I have to say that Boris is probably the worst DJ I have heard in NYC, though I have only heard him twice lol. At least jp does his pots and pans consistently. Luckily crobar usually brings in awesome talent when Boris isn't playing. But I think crobar is the only big-room in the city nowadays that consistently has a good vibe.

true.... crobar definitely stepped up their game a bit... im contemplating boris on thanksgiving eve bc i know spirit is gonna be bonkers... i guess we'll see what else surfaces.... i was really hoping for oakie that night but unfortunately he's spinning the day after... we'll see...

i def dont think boris is the next jp. I have heard boris twice. I thought he was ok. My man thought he SUCKED! Everyone i know says hes so repititive. Granted the jp crowd is now moving onto boris. I guess they are bored of spirit and from what i hear the club is just getting worse. From the bouncers having no respect to them packing that club in over the capacity. He is def moving up in NYC tho. Gotta give him that credit

He def. Deserves Credit but you pointed out really the main facts.

People are getting tired with Spirit...including myself.

To go once in a while is great. I cant see myself being there all the time. Its not that kinda place for me. I go to get my JP fix and thats about that.

Boris is repetitive but so is house music. I mean...everyone has their special "thing" but ive heard him two times that stand out and track selection and track order was almost identical.

He is good. Dont get me wrong. There were times during his sets where i was like "AMN..boy is on his game" then there were other times where its just like...wtf is this.

He def. Deserves Credit but you pointed out really the main facts.

People are getting tired with Spirit...including myself.

To go once in a while is great. I cant see myself being there all the time. Its not that kinda place for me. I go to get my JP fix and thats about that.

Boris is repetitive but so is house music. I mean...everyone has their special "thing" but ive heard him two times that stand out and track selection and track order was almost identical.

He is good. Dont get me wrong. There were times during his sets where i was like "AMN..boy is on his game" then there were other times where its just like...wtf is this.

It's hard to give an opinion on this topic because I haven't heard Boris in ages, but I'll give it a shot. Crobar is the main reason that Boris is still in the club scene. He has bounced around a lot. I went to Crobar once this summer to see Deep Dish, and even though there were fine women present, I thought that most of the crowd consisted of a bunch of posers. It's my personal opinion, but regardless Crobar brings in heads. The problem w/the way Boris spins is that he's inconsistent. Sometimes he's good other times he flat out atrocious. JP hasn't been the same dj from SF's early days, but he's still pretty good and consistent at Spirit. I liked his set on Halloween. Away from Spirit he's not the same dj. For instance, in Bastan at Avalon he just played to get paid. He gave like 5% effort most of the time and then he was out. People expected him to play like he did at SF. This was years ago though. Based on the fact that he's been more consistent lately at Spirit than Boris has been at Crobar you would have to give him the edge over Boris. Therefore Boris is no way the new JP!! They both presently have residencies, that have been steady and so far so good for each of them. Only time will tell in the long run.

I'm wondering whose tired of Spirit? I guess it's the word on the street? Because I usually see the same people the times that I go. I wouldn't be seeing the same heads if it was getting played out.

boris is so on point,

im a fan of jp, i remember some of the insane sets he played for 18 hours straight in 98-01.. and he's still got it,

but boris is rippin it up, he's got a lot of skill and knows how to use it.. i personally have come to really get into his style a lil more than jonathan lately, he's very very tribal, deep dark and dirty but still upbeat enough to draw a spectrum of people who like different things..

boris has a step up in my book right now, but you gotta give credit where credit is due.. but i guess theres a good reason why people are referring to boris as the new king of new york..

boris is so on point,

im a fan of jp, i remember some of the insane sets he played for 18 hours straight in 98-01.. and he's still got it,

but boris is rippin it up, he's got a lot of skill and knows how to use it.. i personally have come to really get into his style a lil more than jonathan lately, he's very very tribal, deep dark and dirty but still upbeat enough to draw a spectrum of people who like different things..

boris has a step up in my book right now, but you gotta give credit where credit is due.. but i guess theres a good reason why people are referring to boris as the new king of new york..

borris is a funny name though. He should change his name to a cooler name like "dj awsome"

Victor Calderone is better than both...we need him to secure a residency in NYC...beats...tribal...vocals...he does it all!!!

Yeah right, JP and BORRIS are no comparison. He doesnt even rank up there

PLUS his crowd sucks. I would kill myself before walking into a club where he spins

• 2 weeks later...

to those who said there are no guidos/spikes/shirts off.

Are you blind?

Everywhere you look there were guidos with spiked hair and their shirts off, EVERYWHERE.

Also, boris is the only night that the dancefloor gets littered with broken glass. Everywhere u dance, broken bottles, broken cups.

That in and of itself says a lot about the crowd.

Oh, and i saw tons of people doing drugs on the dancefloor.

It is a shitty party with a shitty dj, hands down. No one is curteous or respectfull at that party. No one interesting goes.

But i guess he sells tickets, and thats all that matters, RIGHT?

to those who said there are no guidos/spikes/shirts off.

Are you blind?

Everywhere you look there were guidos with spiked hair and their shirts off, EVERYWHERE.

Also, boris is the only night that the dancefloor gets littered with broken glass. Everywhere u dance, broken bottles, broken cups.

That in and of itself says a lot about the crowd.

Oh, and i saw tons of people doing drugs on the dancefloor.

It is a shitty party with a shitty dj, hands down. No one is curteous or respectfull at that party. No one interesting goes.

But i guess he sells tickets, and thats all that matters, RIGHT?

don't be a PUSSY

this is a FIERCE party