Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Visiting NYC between 19th and 26th November

rp8774

Hi everyone,

I'm a drum & bass/jungle promoter/DJ from the UK (Bristol to be precise - www.junglists.com is my site) and be visiting NYC between Friday 19th and Friday 26th November. Am interested in checking out some house and techno clubs as well as the local drum & bass scene (some good jazz would also be cool!).

Anyone care to show me the sights or have recommendations on places to go?

Anyway, looking forward to arriving next Friday!

Thanks,

rit

:)

p.s. This is me:

18611236_l.JPG

22649624_l.jpg

I saw your post and wanted to recommend crobar, a club on Manhattan’s West Side. During your stay there will a lot of really good parties you should attend if you’re into House and Trance.

On Friday the 19th Doc Martin and Donald Glaude will be spinning. Doc Martin has the ability to spin everything from deep house, acid, funk, tribal, and classics in a set. Glaude helped spark the rave scene in Seattle with a pair of mismatched turntables and a Radio Shack mixer and soon developed a large underground following.

On Saturday the 20th, David Waxman will be taking over. He began his career at the renowned Roxy, which led to various New York guest appearances at colossal clubs such as Limelight and The Palladium.

Also, Thanksgiving is going to be an unreal lineup of world-class DJ’s. The club will be open four nights in a row starting Wednesday the 24th.

Wednesday, crobar resident DJ Boris is going to spin a marathon 8 hour set till 8am Thanksgiving morning.

Thursday, Paul Oakenfold and Liquid Todd will tear it up. In addition to the success of his label, Perfecto, Paul has released a string of superlative mix CD’s including his awesome New York set for Global Underground – still the series’ biggest seller to date.

It should be crazy good.

crobar is located on 28th between 10th and 11th avenues. You should check out www.crobar.com for advance tickets so you don’t have to wait in line.

Every Monday "Konkrete Jungle"

Start/End Time :: 10pm - 4am.

Production Company :: Mixed Bag

Resident DJs :: Wally, I-Cue, Odi, Datacyde, MC TC Izlam

Genre :: drum 'n bass

Age Restrictions [ if any ] :: 18 to enter, 21 to drink.

Ticket Price :: $10 or $6 on guestlist b4 midnight, $8 after. $5 b4 midnight for 21+.

Main Info :: 212-604-4224 * www.konkretejungle.com

Every Sunday: Testpress Sundays

Start/End Time :: 9pm-

Residents:: Swingsett, Wicket

DJ Lineups ::

Genre :: drum'n'bass

Age Restrictions [ if any ] :: 21 +

Price :: Free

Main Info/Guestlist :: (212)228-2435 * www.drinkland.com

November 24th (Wednesday - No School or Work Next Day) - UTOPIA FOREVER!! by Illusions & Synergy

LINE UP:

ELECTRA aka SPACE GIRL, NOSTRUM, ROB GEE, VENOM, X-DREAM, PLEASUREHEAD, THE HOLY ROLLERZ, Ralphie C + TJR,

HAVOK (CD RELEASE PARTY ), KAZPA & MC POSI D (old school set), RITALIN VS SOMA, Gil-t, CANDY KID,ROUND N ROUND VS. INVISIBLE FRIEND, BREAKSTEEL, HEXER, KEMIKALZ, TOMMY D,CRAIG HARRIS, NRGIZER, SPLASH

LOCATION: @ STAR - 246 Columbus Avenue, between 71st & 72nd Street, New York, NY. (the entrance is between a restaurant called "China Club" and a clothing store called "Betsey Johnson"). This venue is VIRGIN and NEWLY RENOVATED. We will put the big "Illusion Productions" sign outside so you do not miss the entrance. www.creamnyc.com

INFO:$15 limited presale $25 tickets after limited are sold out more at door - TICKET OUTLETS: WWW.*************.COM Satellite Records NYC, WWW.SYNERGYNYC.NET - WWW.ILLUSIONSPRODUCTIONS.NET - E-mail Contacts: Synergypro@aol.com Utopia973@aol.com

November 24th (Wednesday - No School or Work Next Day) - TURKEY F*CKER by Insane Asylum & 4th Dimension

LINE UP:

Main Floor:

Dj Delirium, Johnny Fame, John Bass, Tommy Ryde, Galvatron, C-Tag, Veryfine, Johnny Hardkore

The Retro Lounge featuring NYC's finest Old School DJ's spinning' a night of, NEVER TO BE FORGOTTEN, OLD SKOOL!

Atomic Babies 100% LIVE PA! , Knowledge,The Dever, Klip Rock, Rob Devz,Tommy Tunes, OB-1

The Jungle Room:

Jimmy Fingaz, Krazy Glue, Link,Yentalbeats,Josef Fazor, Seec, Kae Sharp

LOCATION: @ Club Demerera (Planet 28) 215 West 28th street BTWN 7th & 8th ave NYC - 3 FLOORS of INCREDIBLE SOUND, 30 DJ'S (with an EXCLUSIVE OLD SKOOL Room) SPINNING MORE THEN 7 DIFFERENT TYPES OF MUSIC!!!!

INFO: $10 event before 12am $15 After - 9pm-5am Info: 718-707-1264 Or lareina20@aol.com

I saw your post and wanted to recommend crobar, a club on Manhattan’s West Side. During your stay there will a lot of really good parties you should attend if you’re into House and Trance.

On Friday the 19th Doc Martin and Donald Glaude will be spinning. Doc Martin has the ability to spin everything from deep house, acid, funk, tribal, and classics in a set. Glaude helped spark the rave scene in Seattle with a pair of mismatched turntables and a Radio Shack mixer and soon developed a large underground following.

On Saturday the 20th, David Waxman will be taking over. He began his career at the renowned Roxy, which led to various New York guest appearances at colossal clubs such as Limelight and The Palladium.

Also, Thanksgiving is going to be an unreal lineup of world-class DJ’s. The club will be open four nights in a row starting Wednesday the 24th.

Wednesday, crobar resident DJ Boris is going to spin a marathon 8 hour set till 8am Thanksgiving morning.

Thursday, Paul Oakenfold and Liquid Todd will tear it up. In addition to the success of his label, Perfecto, Paul has released a string of superlative mix CD’s including his awesome New York set for Global Underground – still the series’ biggest seller to date.

It should be crazy good.

crobar is located on 28th between 10th and 11th avenues. You should check out www.crobar.com for advance tickets so you don’t have to wait in line.

fuck crobar, and their fucked up door policy

bunch of pretentious mother fuckers running the door

Wow, haven't been on here for a long, looong time. I'm actualy headed back up to NYC for the first time in 2 1/2 years come December. Guys help me out. Whats the scene become? Since the days of Exit, SF, Tunnel, Roxy running the scene? Oh, and if my old friends lillizzy and msoprano are looking...whats up kids? I'll be home soon.