How old were you

Destiny

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when you first moved out and why?

My parents were divorced. I was living with my mother.

My father lived in Manhattan and my mother was moving out with her ( now husband ) to New Jersey. Everyone I know is on Staten Island and I didnt want to leave. So I decided to get my own place. And I am glad things turned out the way they did. I struggled for a while. But I think I learned alot since than and repsect so much more. And I think I became a better person because of it.

...so what age u think it becomes weird to live home....like u would judge someone....or do u think it depends on the circumstances....

hell...in the situation i am in now and with the amount of money i dont make i would like to move back home with mommy...:D...but at 27 unless i was unemployed i wouldnt move back...

i would say if ur over 25 and still at home it better be a damn good reason...alot of ppl have college bills and stuff and that might keep them at home but after 25 u should be grown up enuff to be on ur own...

i think it is harder than ever to get on your own 2 feet these days, especially in NYC. i think it depends what field youre in but for the basic entry-level employee, it is hard to live on your own in nyc on the salaries they pay.

it also becomes awkward to live with your parents at a certain age...

..yea def...i'm still young...i have almost all the freedom of living alone and more of the perks lol........my thing is....why move out and struggle..just to move out..when u can wait and move out and live nice...obviously this is all before a certain age when u need to just get out or be a total weirdo lol

..yea def...i'm still young...i have almost all the freedom of living alone and more of the perks lol........my thing is....why move out and struggle..just to move out..when u can wait and move out and live nice...obviously this is all before a certain age when u need to just get out or be a total weirdo lol

that is how i felt too. i was saving to try to put a down payment on something, i didnt really see the point of moving out and renting if i could live home and save towards buying b/c that is an investment.

i did save a bunch of money but i blew it and moved out here instead.

exactly...most ppl dont think this way...they jump out quickly and then reality hits and they bury themselves in a hole that alot cant climb out of...

As far as what age is wierd... i guess that depends if you are a full time student or not.

Alot of people who ask me about moving out. I tell them all to take their time. Like stated above. It sucks to struggle in the beginning. At times I wanted to move back to put more money in the bank. But I started getting promotions and raises and finally was able to do that without having to move back in. Budget is key. No matter how much you make. If you dont budget you will struggle.