Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Armin van Buuren @ Spirit, Fri 12/10

spirit-1210.jpg

Armin van Buuren @ Spirit

Friday, December 10th, 2004

Doors open at 10pm.

Click below for $25 advance tickets.

http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=nyc&query=detail&event=555270&REFID=clubp

Digitally Imported Radio is proud to present a live video/audio feed right from the club. If you can't make it, then don't worry because we will bring the party to you as always. Simply tune into DI's Trance channel (www.di.fm) and join thousands of "virtual party goers" to hear and see this live session!

Spirit

530 West 27th Street

(btw 10th & 11th Avenues)

never saw him live...how is he?

saw him for the first time this summer at Crobar...you know exactly what you're going to get with him - hard, uplifting trance with a lot of well-known songs thrown in. last time at crobar he dropped As the Rush comes, Silence, Velvet morning, adagio for strings, burned with desire, lucky star, and just about everything else off 76 and State of Trance 2004. He totally plays to the crowd, so there will definitely be a lot of dj-worshipping. But his mixing is decent and he played a solid 7-8 hour set last time, so hopefully he won't be jetting out the back door a la Oakenfold. I'll definitely go back to see him. :bounce:

^ what kimee said ... but i am not so excited about spirit tho ..

The reason they picked spirit is because they are getting a new sound system and he will be the first dj to play on their new sound system. All marketing hype...Armin is pretty good but so predictable and *a lot* of hands in the air, I'm your new god type songs. I'll probably still go assuming I have nothing else better going on.

The reason they picked spirit is because they are getting a new sound system and he will be the first dj to play on their new sound system. All marketing hype...Armin is pretty good but so predictable and *a lot* of hands in the air, I'm your new god type songs. I'll probably still go assuming I have nothing else better going on.

Oh man .. GOD!!! hells no man . he is no God .. ya i heard he does that kina stuff .. i like the guy but not that stuff ... hmmmm

Yeah, while everyone was DJ worshipping at Crobar...I just listened to the beats, kinda got lost in the music, looked away, and got my boogie on... I mean, it's fun to watch the DJ but when he's just standing there beaming...come onnn.... I still like AVB though! lol...

Yeah, while everyone was DJ worshipping at Crobar...I just listened to the beats, kinda got lost in the music, looked away, and got my boogie on... I mean, it's fun to watch the DJ but when he's just standing there beaming...come onnn.... I still like AVB though! lol...

True, a little bit of that is ok but I remember the last time he was at Crobar and it was like every 30 minutes which gets annoying after a while. I mean, he is just a dj afterall......

People .. relax for a minute and think . this is ONLY a human who spins music .. he happens to be good . may be v. good .. but that is it ..

there is no reason for anyone to think he is God or above humans . that is just simply stupid and insulting to God ..

unfortunately, some ppl get sooo excited about a DJ to the extent of making him a God .. and he is not

and as much as i love DJs .. and some celeberities .. as much as i hate the arrogancy in a lot of them .. and those ppl forget that they are famous coz their fans mad them so .. and they act like they are above humans ..

and all they did was to spin . to sing .. or whatever ..

too sad that we don't think of scientists .. peace makers .. and the likes in great way .. and those ppl (ok many of them) do this for the best of humanity .. and the advance of science ..

what a shame ...

lol!!!! you know what i absolutely find amazing, is that the majority of cp people say the same ****ing thing!! ok he is a dj, his job is to entertain and get the crowd going. what is the problem. i thought it was just about the music #1 and having fun!!!! thats all it should be about!!!! but what i find most amazing is that you then go and say i guess i will be going if i have nothing better to do!!! eheheheheheh!!!! spirit is what it is and it is packed every weekend! be thankful this is what do you all want clubs with like ten people sitting around talking shit still!!!! eheheheheh !! oh man this shit is so funny how serious people get!!!

People .. relax for a minute and think . this is ONLY a human who spins music .. he happens to be good . may be v. good .. but that is it ..

there is no reason for anyone to think he is God or above humans . that is just simply stupid and insulting to God ..

unfortunately, some ppl get sooo excited about a DJ to the extent of making him a God .. and he is not

and as much as i love DJs .. and some celeberities .. as much as i hate the arrogancy in a lot of them .. and those ppl forget that they are famous coz their fans mad them so .. and they act like they are above humans ..

too sad that we don't think of scientists .. peace makers .. and the likes in great way .. and those ppl (ok many of them) do this for the best of humanity .. and the advance of science ..

what a shame ...

Hey plastic man I agree to an extent but this is a clubbing board so that is why you hear praise for dj's here. I am sure other messageboards have praise for the helpers in da world. But I don't praise avb cause it's not about that it's about skill behind the decks son. AVB wuz fun @ crobar no doubt but once you hear people like carter and farina you just get blown away and things never seem the same.

One luff.

:half:

Hey plastic man I agree to an extent but this is a clubbing board so that is why you hear praise for dj's here. I am sure other messageboards have praise for the helpers in da world. But I don't praise avb cause it's not about that it's about skill behind the decks son. AVB wuz fun @ crobar no doubt but once you hear people like carter and farina you just get blown away and things never seem the same.

One luff.

:half:

i see ms. luzi .. aiight . if u say so ..

oops sorry meant to say ms.

IMO, avb is the best dj in the world right now. Missed him at crobar cuz I had to work, missed him in ibiza cuz carl cox was the same night (and everyone said we had to see cox there, and I'd seen avb everytime he came to nyc before that). I won't miss this one. People may wave hands in the air and look at him like a god, but if you've ever seen one of his interviews he's one of the most down to earth djs there is.

Can't wait for this :bounce:

what a shame ...

dude... chill out... when people say worshipping that means coming to see him spin when he's in town, going on road trips to see him spin in a different city, downloading his new mixes online.. not actually going home and worshipping the picture of AVB above your bed, or trying to collect a lock of his hair...

and for the record when people throw their hands in the air it's not to applaud the dj... it's to applaud the track... and when a dj throws his own hand in the air it's doesnt mean "hey everybody worship me" it means he's feeling the track, he's feeling the vibe in the room, the energy, it means he's anticipating how the track is just gonna explode and people are gonna shit their pants bc the track is so hot...

if anybody does worship him or any other dj like that... then they definitely have issues.. it is only music..

Oh man .. GOD!!! hells no man . he is no God .. ya i heard he does that kina stuff .. i like the guy but not that stuff ... hmmmm

Dj vibe Deff blew a speaker a couple weeks ago late night, they controlled it early, but that was an issue, i've been goin out alot lately, and it seems like crobar holds some nice events int he last year for good dj's, spirit does not hold the best crowd, but it is a nice set up for a club