Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Mag turns on Tiesto

Hyype

Is it me or does anybody just want to bash these 2 DJs skulls in...I am so sick of hearing about these 2 girls.

Tiesto the over-hyped egocentric bubble gum pop star of the dance music world equal to Miss Spears or a Jessica Simpson and Armin his even less talented little sister Ashley.

Same 14 tracks in almost every set...give me a fuckin break...Bling as Sadat would say..."MAAAAAN FUCK DAT - GET A NEW DJ!" My fuckin Epileptic one handed uncle could spin the same 14 tracks like a freakin magician if they were the only tracks he played for a year. I call Shennanigans on that...number 3 Dj my ass...I swear by baby Jesus if I ever see one of these fockers out I am kickin square in the nuts.

:lol3: :lol3:

bad move on tiesto's part..

armin is da man . number one next year for my fav dj :):bowdown:

bling not to knock your taste in music but tiesto and van burren are the cheese platter of EDM. their horrible taste is up there with Tony Draper....if i hear "as the rush comes" one more time im gunna shoot myself...and Velvet morning? tell that nigga singing that song to man the fuck up and stop crying about shit...that sappy nonsense needs to go...

Hmmmmmm, not sure I agree with you there, Lyrik.

In order to know if they play the same tracks, you'd actually have to listen to trance--and you don't, bitch. It's easy to judge from the outside looking in not knowing the genre. That's like me coaching someone on how to not be funny--that would just be silly. :pint:

I know, for a fact, that Armin plays different tracks all the time. Tiesto may play a lot of the same tracks, but Armin is KNOWN for playing some of the freshest, newest trance tracks out there.

Hell, there are several house DJs in Miami that play the same tracks week in, week out and no one ever says shit.

This trance v. house debate is getting old. We should instead be talking about how banged up we're gonna get this weekend. :beer:

Getting banged or getting banged up or both is a given Chaffy...and this has nothing to do with house vs. trance - beleive me I could on for days about who needs a good kick to the nuts from all genres.

But the 14 tracks thing came from this statement:

"Tiesto’s fall from grace could present opportunities for Armin Van Buuren, who came third in this year’s poll with a DJing style apparently based on minimal record shopping and relentless repetition. The Dutch trancer’s technique was revealed in a press release for his forthcoming mix compilation Universal Religion 2004, Live From Armada in Ibiza, which captured one of his seven acclaimed Amnesia sets this summer.

“This is a collection of summer memories from one of dance music’s heroes of the moment,†the press release explained. “The 14 tracks on Universal Religion 2004 could be heard in almost every set Armin played in Ibiza.â€

...and another thing...why is it that almost all the top trance DJs...look the damn same...light hair...light eyes...light skin....is this the second coming of the arian nation disguised as trance DJs...coincidence...Tiesto at the Olympics??? HMMMMMmmm. Have you seen the pics of Testicle in front of the army of trance drones....that's some scary shit right there...I am afraid these kids are gonna go crazy and try to atack the world with glitter, bubbles and stickers...I swear to God if I wake up with rainbow necklaces, blow-pops and rosy-red painted cheeks somebody is going to get hurt!

like i said a million times when i went down....the LOCALS were playing better trance than the fucking top rated djs.....that says alot...

i totally agree !! this has nothing to dowith trance vs house!! at all !!

i do agree that tiesto is wayyyyy over rated !! and so is armin as a dj .. but i do give it to armin .. he plays the newest shit than any other dj around !! i just dont like his dj'ing skills..

i admire the locals that are my faves alot more ..as dj's and for their music selection.. for example : you will never hear one of my fave dj's spin the same thing oooover and ooover ..

but then again you guys have to understand that once these dj's get famous.. they got famous for a reason.. for playing what the "MAJORITY" of the people wanna hear.. wether it be a house , trance , progressive or evem hip hop dj.. lol the key word here is "MAJORITY" not everyone in the world can have good taste in music like we do on these boards (excluding bling) that follow this scene day in and day out.. and when these dj's make it they have to continue duing what got them there to stay there .. play what the "MAJORITY" wants to hear..

but then again im whistling in the wind cause no matter how plain and simple i make this or put this , some of you ignorant fucks will find a way to make it alllll about trance vs house.. when in reality .. the war should be against the ones that sell out just to make it .. but then again .. you cant blame them either for wanting to have $$$ .. its all a vicious cycle but not all can be as smart as some of us here and understand that ;)

so untill then .. philipio keep listening tou your soulfull house and getting no punani and you will be ok .. cause if your soulfull house would make you so kool and was the best out there you would def be able to get laid more than once in a lifetime .. so please drop the ignorance ;):D

but then again you guys have to understand that once these dj's get famous.. they got famous for a reason.. for playing what the "MAJORITY" of the people wanna hear..
i have to disagree with you koky.....majority of DJs got to where they were for being unique and staying fresh with the HOTTEST most obscure tracks out there...THAT is what got them there....once the money, pussy and God like fame get to them is when they start to fall off...

look at the TRUE djs that are the fucking best and NEVER play the same shit....

Tenaglia

Tomiie

Hawtin

Picotto

ect.ect. ect.....

They keep their shit fresh to death AND still play some of the classics....i honestly can say ive never heard picotto play the same tracks...his sets are ALWAYS new....same thing goes for Tomiie...every time i see him or hear a new set...he never rocks the same tracks....he will have a top 20 for the month that he will rock the whole month, but come the next month...everything is new and unheard of

i have to disagree with you koky.....majority of DJs got to where they were for being unique and staying fresh with the HOTTEST most obscure tracks out there...THAT is what got them there....once the money, pussy and God like fame get to them is when they start to fall off...

look at the TRUE djs that are the fucking best and NEVER play the same shit....

Tenaglia

Tomiie

Hawtin

Picotto

ect.ect. ect.....

They keep their shit fresh to death AND still play some of the classics....i honestly can say ive never heard picotto play the same tracks...his sets are ALWAYS new....same thing goes for Tomiie...every time i see him or hear a new set...he never rocks the same tracks....he will have a top 20 for the month that he will rock the whole month, but come the next month...everything is new and unheard of

no my friend you are wrong about a few of those dj's for example tenaglia (which to me is the KING of house !!

he does play alot of stuff played by everyone else.. only he mixes it with the shit noone else is spining ;)

and dont tell me know cause i saw tenaglia every single time he was at space ;)

so what everyone else here is saying is that

a dj in order to be good he shouldnt play the same records other dj's spin ?? c'mon you gotta be kidding :laugh:

do you know how many dj's are out there ?? it would be impossible for them not to play a few songs others are playing..

i agree tiesto is over duin it .. but to say that is trully being moronic .. sorry deepshit (i mean spell) :D but its true .. i think its more of how you put a set together than what tracks you are spinning..

no my friend you are wrong about a few of those dj's for example tenaglia (which to me is the KING of house !!

he does play alot of stuff played by everyone else.. only he mixes it with the shit noone else is spining ;)

and dont tell me know cause i saw tenaglia every single time he was at space ;)

so what everyone else here is saying is that

a dj in order to be good he shouldnt play the same records other dj's spin ?? c'mon you gotta be kidding :laugh:

do you know how many dj's are out there ?? it would be impossible for them not to play a few songs others are playing..

i agree tiesto is over duin it .. but to say that is trully being moronic .. sorry deepshit (i mean spell) :D but its true .. i think its more of how you put a set together than what tracks you are spinning..

no, no, no...you are the one who's wrong, so wrong you don't even know who danny Tenaglia is :)