Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OPM voted #1 in Vegas by AOL members!

outofthebox

AOL nominated 10 clubs for best dance club in Vegas 2005 poll.

Some clubs weren't nominated like B.E., Ice, Tangerine.

However the list did include Light, Ra, Studio, RumJungle, Drais and others.

OPM is obviously gaining tremendous momentum in town, among the "rest of us" that some people have categorized as "rif raf" and "hideous."

Personally, I think the crowd is beautiful and mixed in all sorts of ways - It's the club for the people - not for those that think they are above others.

For example, last night, in the middle of the slowest season Vegas has to offer, OPM was so busy that it literally had to TURN AWAY about 1000 people because the place hit capacity by 11:30pm and was completely packed until nearly 5am. They had to extend their main room into the VIP room for everyone just to give people breathing room.

Anyway, here's the link to the AOL page -- and before anyone gets cute, you can't cheat -- they only count one vote per IP address, cookie and computer's mac address. In other words, real people voted - AOL has one of the most secure voting platforms on the net.

http://aolsvc.digitalcity.com/lasvegas/bestdanceclubs/?page=voting&tab=nightlife

Bill you are savage for that comment, i'm working on getting you and O.O.T.B. on the next Tyson undercard. I'll plug in Tangerine, and OPM for the promotions leading up to the match. Ps. I drop you a pm there are some changes to the bottle service at RA for NYE.

Only In America...

Yes, a completely true estimate. If you don't believe me, go to the Forum shops Saturday around midnight. Last week the line was the longest I have ever seen it and the club was at capacity inside, all before midnight. Whenever there is a boxing match in town, it just brings more people too.

This weekend, Lenix Louis rolled through, along with Flava Flave and of course 2 Live Crew.

Yes, a completely true estimate. If you don't believe me, go to the Forum shops Saturday around midnight. Last week the line was the longest I have ever seen it and the club was at capacity inside, all before midnight. Whenever there is a boxing match in town, it just brings more people too.

This weekend, Lenix Louis rolled through, along with Flava Flave and of course 2 Live Crew.

Because it's free. What other club let's people in for free on Sat, except for Beach?

box, it isn't false information.

http://www.freevegasclubs.com/opm/?from-freevegasclubs-com

Thanks for signing me up so I could get the info. Fellas and ladies get in free before 1am. No wonder why the club is packed by midnight. I mean if Body English, Tangerine, Light, Ra or Ice had an open guest list for everyone who get there before 1am, you don't think it would be packed by 12? with lines wrapped around the corner.

Direct copy and past from the email...

Thank you for signing up for OPM's popular "e-V.I.P." emails!

See V.I.P. admission details below...

Only YOU can use this email to get full V.I.P. benefits.

Your friends need to sign up too, so they can receive

all the same amazing benefits...

TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO GET THEIR V.I.P. ADMISSION CODE BY

SIGNING UP AT http://www.FreeVegasClubs.com/opm/

You will receive a new e-V.I.P. code every week!

Your e-VIP code for THIS week is:

newcode-BillLe-BillLe-bill_le@sbcglobal.net-exp12-20-2004

Just print this out (or write down the code) and present it

to the door person.

Now you get the hookup for one of the hottest parties in Vegas...

OPM and DJ MasterWeb present:

Notorious Sundays in the main room.

Hip-Hop and R&B with DJ MasterWeb and Andy Gil.

This is a very hot party - a locals favorite too!

Sex Sundays in the orchid room.

100% dancehall, reggae and reggaeton.

With VIP code, ladies and fellas receive FREE admission from 10pm to 1am!

Half price admission from 1am to 3am ($10).

Plus FRONT-OF-THE-LINE priveleges all night!

PLUS FREE SEX VODKA COCKTAILS TIL MIDNIGHT for EVERYONE!

PLUS FREE CHAMPAGNE FOR THE LADIES til 1am!

OPM is located in The Forum Shops @ Caesars.

Table reservations: 702-369-4998

Oh, by the way, how do I unsubscribe?

Nope, that is only for people who sign up for VIP on the Internet and it only applies on SUNDAYS.

Please stop spreading false information just because you can't stand the fact that it's a hot spot that you don't promote.

OPM is madd packed on the nights that they do charge at the door like Fridays and Saturdays - even in the dead of december, and voted #1 by AOL members, and the hot spot for the "rest of us" who don't categorize groups of paying customers as "rif raf" and "hideous."

Box, why not ask someone who knows a bit more in regards to how the list and the vip service works at a club. Ask one of the hosts, or even the manager. Ask them if they cut me a check.

All you sound like is a angry person because I wil not recommend a club you feel so strongly for.

I said it before and I'll say it again.

OPM SUCKS, but that's just my opinion.

One other thing I have to note. All your little ploys to promote your club and discredit me are never going to work. Stop being a troll on these boards and trying to stirr up sh*t. I am very well respected. AMEX Black Card does not send me their clients because I am a scam.

Box, I think we both need ot be the better person here and just stop. You honestly win no points with any members or newcomers to this board when you tout OPM. I for sure wish to pass on all this childish bickering.

Bottom line I htink OPm sucks. Bottom line you think I am a scam. We'll just leave it at that.

Luckily - that is JUST your opinion.

The rif rafs and hideous people on AOL strongly disagree...

Which is your City's Best?

38% OPM

14% Studio 54

10% Rumjungle

8% Ra

8% Light

8% The Beach

6% House of Blues

5% Drai's

3% Gipsy

1% Shimmer Cabaret

But hey BillLe, you keep doing your thang and spending hours each week working for "free" and then deny getting paid for it since you get paid unclaimed tax-free "cash" not "check." Regardless enjoy your own anger LOL!!!! :)

I guess you rate a club on many different aspects, but how did some of these choices get on the list? I am all for having fun , but I :no: don't dig going somewhere where the average person is some dude who is obscenely wasted, holding a yard log iced tea, screaming at the top of his lungs with a bunch of beads around his neck and ready to fall over. Maybe it's just me but I look for a little more in a club.

Out - congrats on the nods. Keep up the good work.

And if anyone read AOL's review of LA, everyone knows the LA review was very incorrect. Here is what they found ..

Avalon Hollywood -- Hollywood

Concorde -- Cahuenga Corridor

Deep -- Hollywood

The Factory Nightclub -- West Hollywood

Grand Avenue -- Downtown

Mayan Theatre -- Downtown

Parlour Club -- West Hollywood

Prey -- West Hollywood

Shelter -- Hollywood

Sugar -- Santa Monica

Over 50% of the list is inccorrect for LA .

I think we need to take this to the UFC, maybe the winner will get the winner out of Tito ortiz, Vitor Belfort! But seriously you guys should stop, it makes the site look bad( although entertaing it's bad for business) I think we should give our honest opinion of a venue with out discrediting it. There are certain clubs i don't feel but i never talk shit about them. If someone asks me about let's say bikinis i would explain to them what goes on and that "it's not my scene" In the immortal words of R. King, "Can't we all just get along"

One, Dee

:werd: I'm with you there Dee. box is really starting to :zzz: with her comments. Comments she deems so true. I don't need to explain anything to her. On the two boards I see her on all she is is a troll. She can keep thinking I am on all of the clubs payroll for all I care. That must make me the man if all the clubs I work with pay me to promote their spot :bowdown:

1st time post.

i been following these discussion for a while. had to chime in.

billle, you are letting this discussion get the best of you. you are starting to come off like you have quite an ego but at the same time it looks like you are also trying to help people.

here is my advice. i have been to all the spots like b.english and tangerine and ice and rain. i have also been to opm a few times too. all of these clubs are very cool and people have fun. opm is an amazing experience especially last few times we went. so was body english. just a different type of experience. body english is like a rock party set in a rock stars palace. opm is a true hip hop party. they are different crowds completely but this is vegas and everyone can have fun in many different types of places. both spots are extremely busy and that means there are people who love both places. i think it is bad to insult either place just to spite each other. i also think it makes you like very arrogant to label people in any way. i dont think b.english is a sausage fest and i dont think opm is ghetto except that they attract many hip hop heads that seem to strike fear in people who dont understand the scene.

i would suggest that you both focus on positive energy for a while and dont insult venues because you rubbed each other the wrong way. thats dumb and against the interest of the scene.

billle if you do get paid to promote thats fine even if its just tips from customers. you are providing a good service. but in order to step up to the next level you should not come off as a person who labels other people especially if these people are true to a scene that you dont personally support. ---Dan