Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Register Your Phone if you Don't Want Marketers to Call you

Hey everyone ... so if you don't know this already .. u can go to a Governmental web site .. and register up to three phone numbers to stop marketers from calling your phones (cel, work, home .. etc.)

When u register ... u get an email confirmation (you get one email for each phone number you registered) ... with a link that u need to click on to complete the registration process..

the request then gets processed in about 3 months and u should not be getting calls from marketers for up to five years .. and if they call u . u can report them to the government ..

the site link is https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

OR

you can call this number (you must call from the number you want marketers to stop using) .. (888) 382-1222 ...

now go .. block those mofos .. and enjoy some quite phone talks ... :)

peace

the MASK

thanx man, i'll get on that.

here u go ..... it really works .. i did it for an old phone number i used to have and i noticed they did not call after that ..

it is like a dream come true .. hehe .. a phone without the annoying calls on saturday morning ... hehe

peace

the MASK

Thanks Mask,

my home number is ridiculous with telemarketers calling.. I think i'd die if it started happening on my cell phone.

Anwho, I just registered.. hope it works! :type:

karisma .. it does work .. i have tried it before .. the gov gets those numbers and pass them to all national marketers throgh certain databases .. and they are required by the law then to not call those numbers ..

if they do u can report them and those marketers would be fined ..

i never get calls thankfully, and im more afraid of signing up lol.

haha ... good one .. i think it is coz it is hard to nail u to one place kid .. that is why u dont get calls ..

but seriously .. the ways they get your numbers or emails are many .. some of them involve your own act .. like for example if u go to web sites and put your own information like name . address and phone .. many of those sites then sell your information to marketers .. and thus u start getting calls ..

as for emails .. it is a good practice to have TWO email addresses (may be even more) .. one of which is your JUNK email address .. that is the one u use for all those site registration stuff .. this way when online marketers contact u . they are only contacting a junk email address that u dont really use ...

i have one of those junk email addresses and all i do from time to time is to go to that address and simpley delete everything there ..

peace

the MASK

Oh damn, I knew there was a site or number to call for this, but I haven't had the time to look for it - we get ridiculous amounts of calls to our house all day long, it's a bitch.

Thanks a lot, I'ma get right on this. :aright:

go for it dude .. i like people to take action and stand in their life .. and besides we need those privacies ...

Cool tip. Thanks! My home phone was crazy with telemarketers for a really long time then I switched to OptimumVoice internet phone, now its quiet. Cell phone is still a problem though. I give this a try.

go get'em man .. and blocking marketers from your cell phones work too ... :hat:

Hey everyone ... so if you don't know this already .. u can go to a Governmental web site .. and register up to three phone numbers to stop marketers from calling your phones (cel, work, home .. etc.)

When u register ... u get an email confirmation (you get one email for each phone number you registered) ... with a link that u need to click on to complete the registration process..

the request then gets processed in about 3 months and u should not be getting calls from marketers for up to five years .. and if they call u . u can report them to the government ..

OR

you can call this number (you must call from the number you want marketers to stop using) .. (888) 382-1222 ...

peace

the MASK

ugggh...this is part of a hoax email. yes, you are right about the do not call list, but telemarketers are by law not allowed to call cell phones.

http://news.com.com/E-mail+hoax+sparks+Do+Not+Call+stampede/2100-1024_3-5491349.html

OR

peace

the MASK

ugggh...this is part of a hoax email. yes, you are right about the do not call list, but telemarketers are by law not allowed to call cell phones.

http://news.com.com/E-mail+hoax+sparks+Do+Not+Call+stampede/2100-1024_3-5491349.html