Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Change Clothes and Go:Dress Code

mrvegas

Thanks a lot Mr. Vegas and I might want to contact you about passes or VIP. Sorry if I sounded ignorant or like I had been "dropped on my head" but New Orleans consists of 1) bars (where anything and i mean anything is allowed and the dance floor is the top of pool tables) that only use dress code to eliminate cheapskate ghetto thugs, but in essence is totally illusory 2) lounges or private clubs that require more formal attire (suits or nice dress slacks and blazer) and there codes are extremely strict and bend for no one. There isn't really a true "club scene", so I don't really know what to expect from apparently gastapo like bouncers and if I dont have to pack dress slacks and shoes, because boots and jeans will work, then I dont want to do it. I apologize to anyone offended or annoyed by my questions, but I'm from a different culture. People aren't all from L.A. or N.Y. and common sense varies from location and experience. I think most on here realize that, but if youre one that doesnt wake up, there is no need to be pretentious condescending pricks simply because someone is unaware of the customs of your city.

The dress code get blown out... But the issues if you are a door guy at a club anywhere (i was one in ohio and it was stupid) now imagine vegas. You hear peoples hustles all night every night. I know, I do, I want, Can You... So they don't take no shit. If you feel uncomfortable just go by the club at 9:30 or 10:00 and say. Can i get in with this... And then you will know. Door guys make their money off dress code and people coming late. So don't be a victim.

Nola, about the condescending pricks remark, I understand your beef, but just realize the reason we sometimes get steamed is because people come up on here and ask about dress code - no big deal - we answer everyone and have several posts in the archive to show that -- but sometimes (just this week) someone will come here and ask a question - we will then answer their question - and then they will argue about it as if we can change the policies of these spots. In the other post, we just had some arrogant obnoxious jerk explain that dress code is crap and he should be let in with sneakers because he looks better than fat people. I'm sure Mr. Vegas was thinking about that when he took it out on this thread. So please understand, Vegas is actually one of the MECAS for partying in the USA right now - and as long as fellas don't wear sneakers, athletic wear, ripped or overbaggy jeans, t-shirts then they can get into just about anywhere.

Thank you for clarifying and I apologize, I didn't see that guys post. I fully understand the reason for the dress codes and that the bouncers follow them strictly b/c half the people in the place think they are and repeatedly say they are "someone". I dont disagree w/ the policies, it was just that the websites kept saying "fashionable attire" and being from the south I just wanted some clarification to make sure I know what to bring so that I can comply and have a great time. I thought the comments were directed at me, not some ass who thinks hes special and rules shouldnt apply to him.

New Orleans consists of 1) bars (where anything and i mean anything is allowed and the dance floor is the top of pool tables) that only use dress code to eliminate cheapskate ghetto thugs, but in essence is totally illusory 2) lounges or private clubs that require more formal attire (suits or nice dress slacks and blazer) and there codes are extremely strict and bend for no one. There isn't really a true "club scene.

Not accurate.

Fyi ... All my friends from NO that moved to LA dress the same here in LA clubs, as they did in NO and its the same attire as is permitted in Vegas.

Not accurate???? Oh yeah where are you from? Name one place in new orleans comparable. Name one place w/ dress codes, line...etc.

Dude, no offense, but you said there is no club scene in NO. Has your entire city changed since I partied there less than 2 years ago? How about ampersand (breakbeat, trance, and house)? How about the club next to the convention center (Metro?) How about places I didnt have time to get to ... club 735, 360. You had club scene when I was there.

This is childish to argue about. I'm simply saying that clubs are not the predominant places to go in new orleans. yes there are a few, but most people dont go there. Ive been to metro formerly city lights several times and 735, but most people here have not. If clubs in Vegas and L.A. are like Metro then I will be disappotined and they weren't very strict about anything there. The majority of places are bars are like Razoos, Pat O's, Fats, Boot, Grist, F&ms...etc. I was simply saying I don't know about the club scene b/c its not as prevalent here as it is in L.A. or NY or Houston or Atlanta or Vegas. Thats all, I dont know much about the club scene and it is not as prevalent in New Orleans.

You dont have much to worry about in Vegas if you wear a nice pair of slacks, dress shoes, and a buttoned shirt. Its really only three articles of clothing to put on .... and three for the girl ... or girls .... to take off of you when the night is about to just get started :rock:. Enjoy