firetrucks, more people were leaving then gettin in

it looked like the management didnt do a test run

those things should never happen

i bounced, looked like it was turning into a bad night

I give it's saturday nights a month maybe 2 months

Fridays will prob last cuz of 18 for girls

Good Luck

--The Fonz[/QUOT

PEOPLE WERE NOT LEAVING,I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. WE HAD OVER 1,000 PEOPLE THERE. NO ONE LEFT!!!!!!!

Got there at like 12 and line was not moving, alarms goin off,

firetrucks, more people were leaving then gettin in

it looked like the management didnt do a test run

those things should never happen

i bounced, looked like it was turning into a bad night

I give it's saturday nights a month maybe 2 months

Fridays will prob last cuz of 18 for girls

Good Luck

--The Fonz[/QUOT

PEOPLE WERE NOT LEAVING,I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. WE HAD OVER 1,000 PEOPLE THERE. NO ONE LEFT!!!!!!!

i finally went Sat. night and it was HOTT! MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT was me and my girlfriends were drinking cosmos and every bar we went to we were charged a different price! one bar it was $10 a drink (WAY toooo high), another $ 6.50, and another $ 4.00. i know the place just opened, but that pissed us off!! and who do you complain to? overall the place was really good. i dont know what happened when the fire alarm went off. it was crazy in the ladies room! we didnt know which way to go, and some pothead made me and my girlfrineds STINK of pot! not cool. does anyone knoe if they are open XMAS? i need a place to go late to get out of seeing family. :blah:

lol

see you at studio soon!

that's awesome

clubbing over family

loser

so far all iv heard is bad things about this place ... not good but then again its the grandopening theres always stuff going wrong. what I dont like is how clubs always follow what other clubs are doing. For example playing hiphop if your venue/crowd is only house (with a exception of a few). Personaly I dont think you should even post on here if you play hiphop .I like tommyD and hes a pretty good promoter and he will come to his senses.

PS Stop being followers and do your own shit. just my 2C

Carry on

Everyone needs to at least give this place a little more time...I think after New Yera's they'll have their shit together. I mean you can't expect much from an opening night....things are bound to go a bit wrong. They really just need to iron out the kinks. Studio 9 has mass potential IMO. Again, it's also hard for dj's to feel out an "opening night" crowd...i think there were'nt a lot of true club heads out because the majority of people who came out friday and satruday night were really just curious to see what the place was all about. The whole time people were looking around and checking out the place. I think everyone needs to at least give this place till the 2nd week of January. Then everyone can make their own predictions about if this place is going to "last" or not. Again, these are just my views, everyone is entitled to their opinion:)

Everyone needs to at least give this place a little more time...I think after New Yera's they'll have their shit together. I mean you can't expect much from an opening night....things are bound to go a bit wrong. They really just need to iron out the kinks. Studio 9 has mass potential IMO. Again, it's also hard for dj's to feel out an "opening night" crowd...i think there were'nt a lot of true club heads out because the majority of people who came out friday and satruday night were really just curious to see what the place was all about. The whole time people were looking around and checking out the place. I think everyone needs to at least give this place till the 2nd week of January. Then everyone can make their own predictions about if this place is going to "last" or not. Again, these are just my views, everyone is entitled to their opinion:)

1st impressions mean alot though

Listen, for all of you who were really there and arent just goin on what you heard, we respect all your opinions and feedback, it will take some time to get it 100% right, I think opening weekend went great considering. Listen, to all of you who wanna hear hard as nails house, aka the crackhead scene, you are right this isnt the place for you, and it wasnt meant to be. Things will change due to feedback from everyone, all I ask is that if you have never been there come check it out first, then you can talk all the shit you want, thanks :)

1st impressions mean alot though

oh yea for sure they do...I mean, my first impression was GREAT, as I posted on saturday. But again I think it's unfair to have high expectations for an opening weekend. I think the staff is really trying to please everyone and they're doin a great job! Soon enough, everything will fall into place and Studio 9 is going to be the place to be every weekend.

I went to Studio 9 on Saturday and must say I am un-impressed. I have been a part of the NJ nightclub scene for 8 years and this place is nothing special. Obviously, a lot of the positive reviews are coming from friends of the staff or novice club kids who were not old enough to experience the madness of years past, such as Friday’s at Abyss back in 97-98, the Surf Club Sunday in 97, etc. I must give Studio 9 some credit, they did a great job on turning a furniture store. or whatever it was, into a club. However, I don’t think the owners learned from the mistakes and greediness of the other club in Woodbridge, the now closed Sleep. Here were the highlights of my night:

1) I had to pay $5 to park my own car.

2) I had to wait on line in the freezing cold, despite the room not even being full.

3) I was on the guest list and still had to pay $13, as they offered reduced admission only.

4) There was a “mandatory†coat check, which is ridiculous.

5) The drinks were over priced at $7-8 per mixed drink.

6) The bartenders all appeared to be novices and I had to wait 10 minutes to get a drink at the main bar as the bartenders moved in slow motion.

7) The music sucked, bottom line. I heard hip-hop most of the night, which ensured that I will never return. The dance music that was played was weak and the mixing was poor.

8) The fire alarms went off during the night and they expected us all to go outside in the cold without our jackets and abandon the $8 drinks we had just purchased after waiting 10 minutes to be served.

9) The lighting was non-existent except for that mobile setup on the stage. It reminded me of a high school dance.

10) The sound was average and it sounded like they clipped the amps on several occasions.

11) The women were very young and the dance floor moved at a snails pace. Zero energy and vibe.

If I want to spend this kind of money, I will go to NYC. Prediction-This place will be a ghost town by summer.

I went to Studio 9 on Saturday and must say I am un-impressed. I have been a part of the NJ nightclub scene for 8 years and this place is nothing special. Obviously, a lot of the positive reviews are coming from friends of the staff or novice club kids who were not old enough to experience the madness of years past, such as Friday’s at Abyss back in 97-98, the Surf Club Sunday in 97, etc. I must give Studio 9 some credit, they did a great job on turning a furniture store. or whatever it was, into a club. However, I don’t think the owners learned from the mistakes and greediness of the other club in Woodbridge, the now closed Sleep. Here were the highlights of my night:

1) I had to pay $5 to park my own car.

2) I had to wait on line in the freezing cold, despite the room not even being full.

3) I was on the guest list and still had to pay $13, as they offered reduced admission only.

4) There was a “mandatory†coat check, which is ridiculous.

6) The bartenders all appeared to be novices and I had to wait 10 minutes to get a drink at the main bar as the bartenders moved in slow motion.

7) The music sucked, bottom line. I heard hip-hop most of the night, which ensured that I will never return. The dance music that was played was weak and the mixing was poor.

8) The fire alarms went off during the night and they expected us all to go outside in the cold without our jackets and abandon the $8 drinks we had just purchased after waiting 10 minutes to be served.

9) The lighting was non-existent except for that mobile setup on the stage. It reminded me of a high school dance.

10) The sound was average and it sounded like they clipped the amps on several occasions.

11) The women were very young and the dance floor moved at a snails pace. Zero energy and vibe.

If I want to spend this kind of money, I will go to NYC. Prediction-This place will be a ghost town by summer.

Two things, I am sorry you had such a bad experience, I know how that feels, it sucks!!!!

One if you are such a big clubber, you would know that those drink prices are the norm, what club has cheaper prices?

I saw all the places you mentioned and I agree, those were the good old days and I was there then as well, but that was then.

As for the bartenders, I take offense to that I have been bartendin for 11 years, at a lot of the places you mentioned, I work at surf club, starland, studio 9, now, beach club, bermuda club, poorbillys, chatterbox, aztec, and you shouldnt generalize, cuz people at my bar never wait, half of the surf club and djais staff work there some of the best bartenders I have ever seen, so I am callin you out on this, I think you are full of shit!!!!!

As for the madndatory coat check, bullshit half of my friends were at my bar with their coats on.

I once again am sorry if you had a bad experience, but some of your comments were just flat out false, I am not gonna be that defensive, argumentative guy, we love the feedback, thats the only way we will be able to find out what some of the kinks are and to take care of them.

But please bro, you cant compare this place to sleep, thats like comparing Tempts and Riggers, not in the same league!!!!

Keep givin the feedback, we appreciate it!!!!

Two things, I am sorry you had such a bad experience, I know how that feels, it sucks!!!!

One if you are such a big clubber, you would know that those drink prices are the norm, what club has cheaper prices?

I saw all the places you mentioned and I agree, those were the good old days and I was there then as well, but that was then.

As for the bartenders, I take offense to that I have been bartendin for 11 years, at a lot of the places you mentioned, I work at surf club, starland, studio 9, now, beach club, bermuda club, poorbillys, chatterbox, aztec, and you shouldnt generalize, cuz people at my bar never wait, half of the surf club and djais staff work there some of the best bartenders I have ever seen, so I am callin you out on this, I think you are full of shit!!!!!

As for the madndatory coat check, bullshit half of my friends were at my bar with their coats on.

I once again am sorry if you had a bad experience, but some of your comments were just flat out false, I am not gonna be that defensive, argumentative guy, we love the feedback, thats the only way we will be able to find out what some of the kinks are and to take care of them.

But please bro, you cant compare this place to sleep, thats like comparing Tempts and Riggers, not in the same league!!!!

Keep givin the feedback, we appreciate it!!!!

WELL SAID, RICKY!!!!! :bounce::bounce:

First of all...shrink that goddamn huge photo!

Sleep- decor looked like a glorified basement.

ok..I didn't have to check my coat. The drinks

were not watered down and they gave you a

decent amount..not like those other places

where its full of ice in a 2 sip cup.

Those clubs down the shore are garbage huts.

I didn't have to pay to park the car..I would

rather park it myself anyway.

Having two seperate rooms with different music

satisfies everyone.

i miss tradewinds the most :party:

tempts was OK, TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CRAZY FIGHTS!!

:gang::gang::gang:

not cool if your a chick!!

i cant believe that one guy had to pay for parking at studio 9!! maybe the guy directing the cars was trying to make extra $$$$ for xmas! i wasnt chareged OR any of my friends for parking!! you cant trust some of these people...always trying to make a fast buck...like the different drink prices we were charged!!! :pint:

what was that about MANDATORY coat check??? that is a little nuts too...

but i guess i am a little nuts also! :hat:

i cant believe that one guy had to pay for parking at studio 9!! maybe the guy directing the cars was trying to make extra $$$$ for xmas! i wasnt chareged OR any of my friends for parking!! you cant trust some of these people...always trying to make a fast buck...like the different drink prices we were charged!!! :pint:

what was that about MANDATORY coat check??? that is a little nuts too...

but i guess i am a little nuts also! :hat:

Those comments were completely false, I looked into it!!!! Parking was free and you park yourself, and there was absolutely not mandatory coat check, which by the way is FREE!!!! Your mixup with being charged diff. prices was taken care of and once again I apologize for any incovenience!!! :)

There are alway haters, its cool, expected it!!!

Quote:Those comments were completely false, I looked into it!!!! Parking was free and you park yourself, and there was absolutely not mandatory coat check, which by the way is FREE!!!! Your mixup with being charged diff. prices was taken care of and once again I apologize for any incovenience

Parking was not free. My friends and I arrived in two seperate cars. Both cars were charged $5. The guy that took our money used to be in charge of the valet parking at Club Sleep. Perhaps, he had his own "side business" running this past weekend. You can now question the appropriate party.

I was told by another person that met my friends and I at the club that he was stopped at the door and was told that all coats had to be checked that it was "mandatory." I will find out who told him this if I can.

As far as drinks, there is not another club in NJ, other than Deko, that charges that much. I have tried out just about every club in NJ (places such as Joey's, Soundgarden and 118) in the last few weeks and have been charged $5 or $6 for a Martini. I didn't even pay $8 at Qou in NYC.

As far as the bartending staff goes, I have never seen any of them working at any club in the last year with the exception of Joey(?) who used to work at Abyss.

Lastly, I am not a typical crack head or hater. I have stated the facts in this post and my last. I am over 26 years old and if you are trying to create a base clintel near my age group, I don't see it happening. I wish you luck but me and my friends will not return as I refuse to pay $13 to get in a NJ club.....and that was the reduced rate! What was the cover without reduced admission?

Anyone recall the PlayPen, great place for dancing on the weekends back in the day. Abyss rocked back in the day with Denny, and Frankie V. Eversince Sayerville changed last call to 2:00am, things just ain't the same. Seems like the few times I would go, they never had the main dance floor open. Plus, they used to be 21 and over at least for the men, now 18 and over for everyone.

Have try Decko one of these days and looking forward to Checking out Studio 9 in the new year.

Peace!

And to the girl looking to go out X-mas night, check out Polusa Center in Roselle, Tina Ann gonna be singing and free till 10:30. Jenks will be rocking I think.

K :bounce:

Quote:Those comments were completely false, I looked into it!!!! Parking was free and you park yourself, and there was absolutely not mandatory coat check, which by the way is FREE!!!! Your mixup with being charged diff. prices was taken care of and once again I apologize for any incovenience

Parking was not free. My friends and I arrived in two seperate cars. Both cars were charged $5. The guy that took our money used to be in charge of the valet parking at Club Sleep. Perhaps, he had his own "side business" running this past weekend. You can now question the appropriate party.

I was told by another person that met my friends and I at the club that he was stopped at the door and was told that all coats had to be checked that it was "mandatory." I will find out who told him this if I can.

As far as drinks, there is not another club in NJ, other than Deko, that charges that much. I have tried out just about every club in NJ (places such as Joey's, Soundgarden and 118) in the last few weeks and have been charged $5 or $6 for a Martini. I didn't even pay $8 at Qou in NYC.

As far as the bartending staff goes, I have never seen any of them working at any club in the last year with the exception of Joey(?) who used to work at Abyss.

Lastly, I am not a typical crack head or hater. I have stated the facts in this post and my last. I am over 26 years old and if you are trying to create a base clintel near my age group, I don't see it happening. I wish you luck but me and my friends will not return as I refuse to pay $13 to get in a NJ club.....and that was the reduced rate! What was the cover without reduced admission?

I will check in to this again, because if that happened I sincerely apologize, as for the drink prices, there is no way you got a martini at joeys for $6, grey goose there is $7.50 or $8 in a drink more if you have it up!!!! I am over 26 as well, and I drink goose or Ketel, I always at least expect to pay 6-9 dollars for it, the price you pay for drinkin top shelf. Joe from abyss worked in the martini lounge on Sat, and like I said before, we have some of the best bartenders around and their reputations preceed them!!!! $12 cover is a lot? , and that was not reduced, someone told you wrong!!!!

bartenders: Ricky, linette, joanie (work at surf club and have for years)

Artie, jen, misty, erin, justin (work at djais and have for years) All of us worked on Saturday, and those ARE the facts!!!

I dont know where you go or what you like, but I am sorry you had a bad experience, in time all of our kinks will be worked out, and hopefully you and your friends will give it another try.