Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Have you lost anyone in the Tsunami?

I have a friend who went to Thailand for vacation, his family so far has not heard from him. From 11.000 then 24.000 and now 44.000 people dead. Life is a surprise box, so many ways to die, you don't know what comes tomorrow. At least seems like NYC is free from natural disasters like earthquake, hurricanes. This cold weather is enough for me. God bless NYC!! They're looking for lost relatives, something to eat, shelter and we here planning our new year's eve, complaining of little things. It's great to be in NY, isn't it?

What a horrible thing to happenm and on CHristmas holidays, and the 1st day of kwanza too...well we NY'ers have our share of troubles which, I agree, of course doesn't hold a candle to what happened in Asia, ..with thousands being stranded on Christmas day at the laguardia airport, because of computer failure...and 10,000 losing power in LI because of wind storm...

What a horrible thing to happenm and on CHristmas holidays, and the 1st day of kwanza too...well we NY'ers have our share of troubles which, I agree, of course doesn't hold a candle to what happened in Asia, ..with thousands being stranded on Christmas day at the laguardia airport, because of computer failure...and 10,000 losing power in LI because of wind storm...

being stuck in an airport and having no electricity does not compare to the loss of almost 44,000 people

no wonder half the world hates us

I think you managed to get this one in just in time with only a few more days till the new year as THE WORST POST OF THE YEAR! :aright:

I have a friend who went to Thailand for vacation, his family so far has not heard from him. From 11.000 then 24.000 and now 44.000 people dead. Life is a surprise box, so many ways to die, you don't know what comes tomorrow. At least seems like NYC is free from natural disasters like earthquake, hurricanes. This cold weather is enough for me. God bless NYC!! They're looking for lost relatives, something to eat, shelter and we here planning our new year's eve, complaining of little things. It's great to be in NY, isn't it?

It is a shockingly terrible thing...I have a friend from college who is living in Thailand I am still trying to figure out if she is ok. BTW, I don't want to pour rain on your parade about it never happening here, but some scientists are sure that a tidal wave is going to hit NYC at some point. There was an article in the Daily News about it back in August and another one today. I have no idea how valid that predicition is, but the whole thing definitely makes you appreciate life more.

There was an article in the Daily News about it back in August and another one today. I have no idea how valid that predicition is, but the whole thing definitely makes you appreciate life more.

That's right. Here's another article.

http://www.benfieldhrc.org/SiteRoot/in_the_news/press_cuttings/Insurance%20Day/new_york_tsunami.htm

If this were to happen, say goodbye to this country as you know it. It could potentially wipe out the entire eastern seaboard. So don't ever take it for granted and think you are safe because you live in New York. You could be enjoying today and be dead tomorrow. Appreciate life, family and friends while you have them.

That's right. Here's another article.

http://www.benfieldhrc.org/SiteRoot/in_the_news/press_cuttings/Insurance%20Day/new_york_tsunami.htm

If this were to happen, say goodbye to this country as you know it. It could potentially wipe out the entire eastern seaboard. So don't ever take it for granted and think you are safe because you live in New York. You could be enjoying today and be dead tomorrow. Appreciate life, family and friends while you have them.

i was a huge astronomy buff back in the day and a landslide is nothing compared to the thousands if not millions of asteroids that cross through earths orbit every few years... yeah some of them are tiny and would burn up in earths atmosphere... but some are humongous and would completely devestate the entire planet... by the law of probablity the earth will be demolished by an asteroid... maybe not now... maybe not two weeks from now, but eventually... dumdumDUM!!!!

I think I already mentioned in my post that our troubles in NY "don't" ( Don't hold a candle to)compare to what happened in Asia...The point I am trying to make is that things seem to be lousy everywhere for the holidays(my personal feeling)...( I was referring to the 1st post which expressed that "it's great to be in NY" after this tragedy...

If it came out that way, then I did not mean for it to...And I will repeat: OUR TROUBLES DO NOT HOLD A CANDLE TO (meaning "COMPARE TO")what just occurred in asia, NOT IN THE LEAST!!!! ANd this is more compellingly true right now as the death toll is over 5x the toll it was when I 1st posted my comment.

Some of us need to "comprehend" what others are saying before they go on their own tantrums and spread thoughtless hate...thats the easiest thing to do rather than take the time to think and use our heads!

And I am aware that we all are entitled to our own opinions, I am also aware that some of us are challenged by english comprehension...And instead of telling you that "YOU MADE THE MOST MISUNDERSTOOD POST OF THE YEAR" I will give you the benefit of the doubt!

I think you managed to get this one in just in time with only a few more days till the new year as THE WORST POST OF THE YEAR! :aright: