Clubplanet Nightlife Community

VIOLENCE around NYC clubs - what's going on?

not really... but a lil more detail... its not as bad as in san diego near the gas lamp district, or in SOBE, or vegas... anywhere theres girls theres boys who tend to get territorial and violent... whatever, such is life... the club scene has always been associated with violence for as long as i can remember regardless of state or city... there maybe more violence in lower income areas and less in higher going by police stats, but theres no such thing where theres never any violence or "incidents..."

not trying to start a thing just saying i think that nyc nightlife has gone way downhill, foreign dj's a coming here less and less, and in my opinion, when they are here they aren't even trying to put down a good set. i would love to go out and feel free to have a great time (violence free). also, how do people get weapons into clubs when we are patted down? i thought that was the main reason they do this...

not trying to start a thing just saying i think that nyc nightlife has gone way downhill, foreign dj's a coming here less and less, and in my opinion, when they are here they aren't even trying to put down a good set. i would love to go out and feel free to have a great time (violence free). also, how do people get weapons into clubs when we are patted down? i thought that was the main reason they do this...

im not trying to start a thing either... i agree with you, but by just saying "nyc nightlife sucks" doesnt really solve anything... but to answer your second question, the violence doesnt really go down in the club but more so outside... aside from the occassional shoving match or fist fight a majority of the incidents occur outside... who knows who cares...

Not sure how you can tell which club "caters" to that sort of crowd or how they would cater to them in the first place, but metal detectors would be better than doorfolks who search inconsistently or not at all.

If I kept hearin about violence (outside of the occassional floor scuffles) at a certain spot, I'd prolly stop going to that club too though.

because if you have to frisk your patrons that means you know the type of element you are providing a service to... i dont care for that, id rather not go to places that have metal detectors, and bouncers who frisk you... thanks but i went to teenie bopper clubs and school dances when i was a kid...

I know one of my friends has like a lifetime ban from several clubs. Bc he gets kicked out for fighting so much that they just remember his face and don'y let him in. Most places do that if you cause enough problems for them to remember what you look like.

Don't most clubs take your picture before throwing you out.....I know Roxy on Saturdays,u get busted selling or fighting,they take you in the office,take your picture and your out......3 of my friends are no longer back at Roxy.Figure other clubs do the same but I gues not.

Don't most clubs take your picture before throwing you out.....I know Roxy on Saturdays,u get busted selling or fighting,they take you in the office,take your picture and your out......3 of my friends are no longer back at Roxy.Figure other clubs do the same but I gues not.

fights at the roxy??? saturday night fairy fights???

exit used to do that too... some bouncer grabbed me and pushed me into a room and told me i was the punk he kicked out last week... i told him i havent been to exit in like 6 months so he went to check the picture of the kid who he thought i was and saw it wasnt me and let me back in.. not that going back in really made much of a difference becaue the night was just awful... scot poject never showed... they had scott project instead.. but scott didnt do it for me...

well i don't think airports try to cater to peope that wanna take down the plane either, that doesn't mean i'd wanna get on a plane with people that haven't been screened.

hopefully things don't escalate to the point where clubs have to resort to that type of thing, i'd rather not have to walk through a metal detector to get into a club either, but safety is safety.

because if you have to frisk your patrons that means you know the type of element you are providing a service to... i dont care for that, id rather not go to places that have metal detectors, and bouncers who frisk you... thanks but i went to teenie bopper clubs and school dances when i was a kid...

im simply comparing the "elements" that you mentioned in your post. neither place wants to attract problems to put it simply, a club owner doesn't want to deal with a stabbing at his club any more than an airline wants to deal with problems on their planes.

youre comparing apples to sneakers.. how many terrorists try to blow up and hijack clubs~!?

They do in other countrys... maybee they will start here.

Not to sound all negative and crap, but I wouldn't put it past them... or any loon here that's gone psycho and wants to wreak havoc like those lil high schoolers did...or any gangstah that's gone mad and wants to go prove something... it'll be a sad day if clubs decided to put up detectors, especially since it seems unheard of in NYC, but hey, yeah, safety is safety. The detectors @ Dream really aren't as disconcerting as you'd think...the club is really beautiful...4 big floors with a nice clientele :)

Even my old high school recently put up video cameras all over the place and fenced in the school...and it's in a nice, quiet residential neighborhood! If I were a parent, I'd rather the school my kid goes to have some safety measures like that then a school with nothing. But I am NOT sayin we need video cams at clubs...that's too much...

Hmm...otherwise, instead of metal detectors, we can have everyone in line strip nekkid, given the look-over, re-dress, and get herded in... :laugh:

Not to sound all negative and crap, but I wouldn't put it past them... or any loon here that's gone psycho and wants to wreak havoc like those lil high schoolers did...or any gangstah that's gone mad and wants to go prove something... it'll be a sad day if clubs decided to put up detectors, especially since it seems unheard of in NYC, but hey, yeah, safety is safety. The detectors @ Dream really aren't as disconcerting as you'd think...the club is really beautiful...4 big floors with a nice clientele :)

Even my old high school recently put up video cameras all over the place and fenced in the school...and it's in a nice, quiet residential neighborhood! If I were a parent, I'd rather the school my kid goes to have some safety measures like that then a school with nothing. But I am NOT sayin we need video cams at clubs...that's too much...

Hmm...otherwise, instead of metal detectors, we can have everyone in line strip nekkid, given the look-over, re-dress, and get herded in... :laugh:

I don't know where Dream is, but you have to do what you have to do in order to keep the peace. It's terrible that at some clubs people do check people, but not thoroughly enough on a consistent basis like they should. If violence keeps occurring at clubs, they will eventually come up w/using detectors as an alternative. Which shouldn't be the case, but it may come down to that. I don't think many will go for that stripping nakid policy of your's :) but, it might work on some people. Why must it come down to this though? People should be able to have a good time on their own w/o having to worry about things like this. It should never have to come down to using metal detectors though!! If it does then people will have failed using the system we implemented before us w/ people checking ids and patting people down. Why some people can't go out and have a good time w/o fighting is beyond me!!