Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mets sign Beltran

Let me again make this fucking clear because apparently it appears jtk is black as well.

I said they are one of the best rotations. Not one of the top 3 or even top 10. But, definitely one of the best. Let this season's results measure that.

What does one of the best of all time mean to you?

Sad thing is that while I'm taking welfare, I'm making twice more $$ than your sorry ass.

Sutton Place and Turtle Bay are open for Happy Hour...go "pop yah collah" with the rest of your B&T boyz...

'Sad thing is....' Look, you're a fucking NGR. That, in itself is sad.

You make more money than me? I'm sure you do. I don't make money. I just spend it. The interest my trust fund accrues allows me for a very comfortable lifestyle.

But, in the end, you're still fucking black. And I would trade in any dollar amount it would take so that I wouldn't be a fucking darkie. And I wouldn't have to deal with guys like me and my Great Great Grandfather who still regard you as a sub-species.

oh, and one more thing, if someone wanted to argue that the Cubs had the best rotation this year - well - I wouldn't argue with them.

What does one of the best of all time mean to you?

Well, I think it's pretty self-explanatory. One of the best means they have a rotation that is, among others, one of the better rotations in recent memory.

I'd say top 25.

That is one of the best.

i just do not get it

johnson 41 best lefty in the game

moose 40 never won 20 games if you look at his numbers they are declining

wright one good year never pitched more then 200 innings

pavano -one good year coming from the nl to al

brown 41 should be an ace complete nut job probably will not make it the whole season.

how is having 1 great pitcher 2 good pitchers and 2 not so good pitchers equal one of the best of all time. I think you would need atleast 2 great pitchers, to even be considered.

i just do not get it

brown 41 should be an ace complete nut job probably will not make it the whole season.

how is having 1 great pitcher 2 good pitchers and 2 not so good pitchers equal one of the best of all time. I think you would need atleast 2 great pitchers, to even be considered.

Well, I think Randy is the best pitcher in the game period. Mussina is coming off a down year. Nobody is giving enough credit to Wright, who had a great season last year. Pavana had a great one as well. And Brown is obviously psycho.

They all put up awesome numbers last year. That's what its being based on. You wanna go ahead and say all this 'career year' shit. What makes you think they can't have an even better one than last?

One of the top 25.

2004 2005

brown johnson

moose moose

vasquez pavano

lieber wright

dookie brown

All right johnson beats brown, you better hope that 05 moose is better then 04 moose, i like vasquez more then pavano, liber and wright will probably equal out, and dookie was better last year then brown will be this year.

Well, I think Randy is the best pitcher in the game period. Mussina is coming off a down year. Nobody is giving enough credit to Wright, who had a great season last year. Pavana had a great one as well. And Brown is obviously psycho.

They all put up awesome numbers last year. That's what its being based on. You wanna go ahead and say all this 'career year' shit. What makes you think they can't have an even better one than last?

One of the top 25.

I would agree with you on Wright and Pavano...but look at what happened to Conteras and Vasquez...they crumbled under the pressure...what makes you think these two will thrive?

One of the top 25.

I hear ya, who knows maybe brown comes out and has something to prove that is what i fear. He has nasty shit. The only question when it comes to career years and then going to the AL and new york where if you do not perform you just might get shipped out, that is alot to ask.

I think Johnson will be fucking awesome. I think he can win 23 or 24 games, lead the league in strikeouts

Not as sure about the moose. he should be able to put up '03 type numbers.

I actually think Wright and Pavano will actually improve on their career years.

And that is the reason for the 'best of' comment.

Brown is dead to me

I hear ya, who knows maybe brown comes out and has something to prove that is what i fear. He has nasty shit. The only question when it comes to career years and then going to the AL and new york where if you do not perform you just might get shipped out, that is alot to ask.

Definitely hear ya on the career year coming to AL stuff. That scares me. It's happened before but I dont know, we'll see

I would agree with you on Wright and Pavano...but look at what happened to Conteras and Vasquez...they crumbled under the pressure...what makes you think these two will thrive?

Contreras crumbled. I don't think Vasquez did. He just had a bad second half of the season. Everyone always talks about the pressure and New York. It doesn't affect everyone. I don't think Wright or Pavano will have a problem. I really don't.

clement :shake::shake:

He's got nasty stuff too. But like Brown he's somewhat of a mental case. I really liked him. I actually mentioned something a few months about the Yanks signing him.

The funny thing is that both Boston and NY have alot of dudes coming from the NL Wells, W. Miller, Clement

Pavano, RJ, and Wright

lmao.....just read this entire thread

results are in:

-kayluhb got spanked up and down this thread

-Mets fans ragged on the Yankees in favor of the Sox

-racial comments were thrown around when backs were thrown up against the wall

-Yankees were labeled ''god''

-Mets were accused of overspending by a Yankees fan

-Yankees were deemed having one of the best rotations of all time....ROTFL!!!

and I missed all the fun :(

I think Johnson will be fucking awesome. I think he can win 23 or 24 games, lead the league in strikeouts

Not as sure about the moose. he should be able to put up '03 type numbers.

I actually think Wright and Pavano will actually improve on their career years.

And that is the reason for the 'best of' comment.

Brown is dead to me

Moose will be up to par this year - I don't think he could handle being the head of the rotation but with Johnson to lead the way, I think he'll be just fine. :)

i just do not get it

And BTW - Moose is not 40. :mad:

speaking of randy johnson did he like flip out on someone taking his picture on the way to his phisical?

He should adjust to new york real well. Come to think of it he has only pitched in small markets right (montreal seattle houston arizona) so him adjusting to new york is not a slam dunk. I hope he gets booed and loses it :laugh::laugh:

Yeah he definitely did - I saw it on the news last nite, he flipped out saying stuff like "get outta my face" and "don't talk back to me".. haha.. that would be kinda scary having Randy the giant screaming down at you..