Clubplanet Nightlife Community

J Abe versus Chrebet

So # 80 has had numerous concussions in recent years but is willing to risk permanent damage in order to help his team in the playoffs. Herm told him no, but he's going to play against Pitt in probably the last game of his career.

Abraham on the other hand has been cleared to play by the doctors but declared himself inactive for the SD game. This is due to the fact that he doesn't want to "risk" injuring his knee again as a FA (it's his money year). Sorry, but some players go a lifetime without making the playoffs and this dude would rather watch from the sidelines then help out his team????

In SD, it was too wet. What will the excuse be against the Steelers? Too cold? I think he's a tremendous talent (when healthy) but this sort of behavior is inexcusable. Didn't he miss the Raiders playoff game a few years back because of a sore throat?

Makes you wonder if he's really worth the franchise tag for next season...

-G.G

how so? Average career of an NFL player is 3 years...it's a business and they'll cut his ass as soon as he's injured for more than 1 year...let him get paid!

damn man....coming from you?

and this is why sports suck nowadays compared to thirty years ago. players care more about themselves than the teams they play on. if the Jets were completely out of the playoff picture and it was the last game of the season or something, then he could make a case.....but his team is in the PLAYOFFS and his team has a legit shot to take the cake this year

very fucking selfish on his part to the point where I lost all respect for him

and this is why sports suck nowadays compared to thirty years ago. players care more about themselves than the teams they play on. if the Jets were completely out of the playoff picture and it was the last game of the season or something, then he could make a case.....but his team is in the PLAYOFFS and his team has a legit shot to take the cake this year

again i agree with ya...:aright:

btw...GO PATS............ :bounce::bounce::bounce:

amen..

guy's a fuckin sell out

Yeah it's coming from me becasue I hate the salary structure of the NFL - no guaranteed contracts...it's all about the signing bonus and the one HUGE contract. The league makes soooo much damn money and the players get so little.

Millions and millions of dollars seperate players of today from 30 years ago.

Yeah it's coming from me becasue I hate the salary structure of the NFL - no guaranteed contracts...it's all about the signing bonus and the one HUGE contract. The league makes soooo much damn money and the players get so little.

what your saying I agree with, but no player should put self over team in the middle of a playoff run for any reason whatsoever

you go Wayne Chrebet

thats great and all..but they make a shitload of money for carrying around a football for at most 30 minutes a week..

keep in mind..money is the root of all evil

That's the thing...Chrebet got his payday...he's set for life and can take the chance...Abraham hasn't yet.

Chrebet would be on the field no matter the circumstance, guy is as hard as a nail in an iron coffin and has proven so over the course of his career

pussies like Abraham dont have a place in football

i am sure he is not 100%, maybe the team doctors say he can play, does not mean he is 100%.

Saying that noone is 100% and who is to say he would not blow out his knee anyway. The football gods will pay him back for this don't you worry.

That's the thing...Chrebet got his payday...he's set for life and can take the chance...Abraham hasn't yet.

Exactly...

Keep in mind that Abraham isn't going to be around long in the NFL. He's a small defensive end that gets hurt every year. He relies on his speed. Once he gets older and no longer has that speed he's done...

That being said, I think that anyone who signs him to a long term deal is nuts. Bryan Thomas, though not nearly the player Abraham is has done a nice job filling in. I hope they franchise Jordan, let Abraham walk, and use Abraham's money on Ferguson & McEnzee (sp?)

he's thinkin like an employee, not a player

hence he's still a pussy

He is an employee... If he goes out there and wrecks his knee, the Jets will drop him like a sack of potatoes. Then where will he be? I understand being accountable to your teammates, but being able to take care of your family is far more important...