Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club 7 becomes Club Rubber

BillLe

From the people that brought you Pimp n Ho's, Summer of Love and all the Rubber events over at Rain. Club 7 will turn into Club Rubber on Feb 4th. Stay tuned for info. I am one of the hosts who will be working with that club so I am taking reservation requests now.

not to be negative,but 7 is going to be club rubber???I honestly do not think this is going to work out!!There are soo many other clubs.Rubber should just stick with the special events..I would not even concider that club as a option for a night out in vegas!!!!.If you need okenfold for a grand opening?????

just speakin my mind!!!!! :huh::zzz::boohoo:

Seven is really bad these days. I was just there last night - some friends from out of town wanted to do afterhours so we checked it out. I was fucking awful. Hardly anyone in there up through 4:30 - I know its an afterhours spot but by that time it should at least be semi-crowded. It used to get really busy by 3:30 or 4. That place has gone downhill so much in the last 2 years - they need something like this. I hope they bring in big name DJ's every week - this is something that Vegas has severly lacked in the afterhours scene

I totally agree! Seven does suck but hopefully the remodeling does it justice. Oakenfold doesn't even spin live sets anymore. They are going to need bigger names than his to get the place going. Hopefully it does well and brings the house scene back to Vegas because besides Ice the music is lacking. We need good house competition back here.

WHAT!!! I am a huge local DJ follower. I support all the local talent in this town. Whether or not I like what you spin I still support you for the simple fact that you love what you do and the vibe it brings. It is about the music but the atmosphere does play a big part in it. Perfect example is Ibiza the club was so so the crowd was not always there but I went every weekend because the music was off the hook!!

I'll tell you all the truth, I am not a big fan of 7 either. Well wasn't. I was told there would be rennovations. I think having another electronic club will make all the other electronic spots raise the bar. I mean seriously, look at all the hip-hop venues. There's just so many of them that they have to keep rasing the bar in order to stay on top. I am hoping this will bring some friendly competition and pump some juice into the elctronic scene here in Vegas.

MOE - not sure who will be in charge of bookings, but I'll check with my buddy.

Nothing but respect for you guys but this is probably never going to happen. I used to dj a trance show in NY for 4 years. But that scene is a dying breed. Club drugs are not big anymore. Plus radio does not support fast music anymore. Vegas is all about mainstream and that means more hip-hop and less electronic. Think about it. Ice is the only electronic club out of 27 clubs in town, and they have trouble bringing a big crowd more than one night a week. And they have big name djs in there almost every week. I would like to see things shift towards electronic again but unfortunately there may not be enough people looking for that niche at this time. And the "top-40" radio stations need to rotate in a few dance tracks too because now it's almost all hip-hop.

I understand what you're saying but with the saturation of the hip-hop clubs out there now I think there's room for a new contender for electronic. Look at the popularty of Drais. Anybody who knows house or trance would call the music there crap, yet they still do well. Thre will always be a niche for electronic music. It all boils down to the right marketing. John Lewis of John Lewis LLC, the guy who handles all of Rain's special events, the man behind Light on Sundays, will be Director of Operations. He brings his own huge following and clientele as well.

Club drugs are not a dieing breed it is just that now people are doing them to hip hop now! Its unbelievable how many people I meet in hip hop clubs who are doing mighty well. I have lived in Vegas my whole life and the the music out here goes in cycles. Right now hip hop is huge. That doesn't mean a year from now electronic music won't be the wave that everybody is listening to. Electronic music will always have a place. 10 years ago who would've thought it become so mainstream.

I'm trying to find people that listen to electronic music. When ever i'm out 8 of ten people say hip-hop or dance music the other people say 80's once in a while i get one that says house. where is the local crowd that listens to house ect... We are trying to bring back house at RA on weds. for me it's tough because i don't listen to much house and don't know alot about it. Where are the HOUSE HEADS!

I'm trying to find people that listen to electronic music. When ever i'm out 8 of ten people say hip-hop or dance music the other people say 80's once in a while i get one that says house. where is the local crowd that listens to house ect... We are trying to bring back house at RA on weds. for me it's tough because i don't listen to much house and don't know alot about it. Where are the HOUSE HEADS!

House Heads are everywhere! Thats funny it is just the opposite for me everywhere I go I meet people that are trying to find house and can't find it anywhere. Don't worry I tell people all the time that pleasuredome is back! I am like a walking house promoter. Hopefully pleasureome does well and starts the trend again.

The Plesuredome last night went off pretty good but we are building up to a huge one like back in the day, i'll post all the info next week, this party is going to be insane. Point the HH my way we are trying to bring it back but if it doesn't go off then they will prolly start playing mainstream again. Later, Dee

Hey Dee

nice meeting you last night. thanks for the hookup. killer music, but the crowd could have been larger. im sure word just hasnt gotten out yet. hopefully Pleasuredome does get the House Head support to keep it going.

Thanks again and good luck!! :pint:

The Plesuredome last night went off pretty good but we are building up to a huge one like back in the day, i'll post all the info next week, this party is going to be insane. Point the HH my way we are trying to bring it back but if it doesn't go off then they will prolly start playing mainstream again. Later, Dee