Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why do ppl do this?

nyckitty69

For some reason, regardless of which Bally Total Fitness I visit, I find that 60% of the men work their upper body until it is well chiseled yet leave their legs to look like sticks.

The same applies to most women I observed.. they work their abdomen and leave everything else.

Did anyone else notice this?

Why not work both to be well proportioned?

I was just wondering why that is.

Guest onisakura

Thats cause most guys hate doing lower body exercises. Guys see more results with upper body and women are fanatics about making sure they have flat stomachs.

I was guilty of this all of last year until I had gone back to italy and realized I had absolutely no defition in my legs on the beach surrounded by all the tone soccer fcuks. Now I make sure to kill it with cardio and do legs atleast once a week.

This is more than just a common occurance at Bally's. Lower body workouts are the most commonly left out part of a dude's workout program. I love to see big giant ass juiceheads with huge shoulders, chest and arms, but have smaller quads and calves than I do naturally. LOL.

I agree, this goes just about every gym I attended.Playing soccer for like 15 years and being a chubby kid for most part of my childhood I can say I have developed pretty good legs. :)

Not always ..... I played soccer also for a long Time and never developed really muscular legs, and i do have strong legs even though they are somewhat slender whem compared to my upper body

....Genetics plays an important part , if not the most important ...so its prob not the best thing to generalize because it could be genetic . :hat:

Not always ..... I played soccer also for a long Time and never developed really muscular legs, and i do have strong legs even though they are somewhat slender whem compared to my upper body

....Genetics plays an important part , if not the most important ...so its prob not the best thing to generalize because it could be genetic . :hat:

Well like I said before I was a pretty heavy kid throughout most of those years I played so carrying that weight around for years payed off. lol

My legs didn't get overly large while playing soccer in highschool either, but they got damn strong. I was leg pressing over 750 lbs. at 15 yrs. for multiple reps and calf pressing I don't even remember how much. But at the same time, my diet wasn't exactly conducive to building muscle at the time.

i always work my legs a few months at a time, as soon as i start to get really tight in my jeans around the thighs i back off for a month or two. it's that time of the year unfortunately, gotta start doing em again, bleh.

hate doing them, but love the feeling when you can't even walk out of the gym at the end of the routine.