Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Got Beads?

fkornre

Im going to mardi gras for the first time and i would like to ask if any CP peeps have been down there and know the deal??

I know what girls gone wild has shown me, but that is the beauty of film editing....

So if anyone can please lemme know what the deal is with this place, it would be much appreciated. What are the best parades to go to? what are the better bars to hit up? How much is beer out there? What time does shit start to shut down? MOST OF ALL .. WHERE IS THE F'n HOUSE MUSIC?!!?

I already know that there is going to be a kick ass party on monday out there, but i get there saturday so i have 2 days to fill up..

thanks in advance to anyone who helps and all colorful comments are welcomed too, i know you all are just so full of them.....

Im going to mardi gras for the first time and i would like to ask if any CP peeps have been down there and know the deal??

I know what girls gone wild has shown me, but that is the beauty of film editing....

So if anyone can please lemme know what the deal is with this place, it would be much appreciated. What are the best parades to go to? what are the better bars to hit up? How much is beer out there? What time does shit start to shut down? MOST OF ALL .. WHERE IS THE F'n HOUSE MUSIC?!!?

I already know that there is going to be a kick ass party on monday out there, but i get there saturday so i have 2 days to fill up..

thanks in advance to anyone who helps and all colorful comments are welcomed too, i know you all are just so full of them.....

You asking New Orleans bro? I know some info.

You asking New Orleans bro? I know some info.

I will be down at Mardi Gras too! This year will be my 4th mardi gras and im more pumped than ever. Ok i will try and keep it short...

Good bars/staples: Pat O's(hurricane), Razoo's, Tropical Aisle(hand grenade), Cats Meow (karaoke), the boot (tulane college bar/afterhours), etc...

All the joints mentioned above are staples in new orleans around mardi gras time. Im sure they will all be packed. Booze and beer is typically cheap down there and avialable everywhere. Daquiris, bees, whatever are always on every street corner so just grab a big daquiri (preferably 190 octane) and be on your way. Im sure it shouldnt be too expensive since you r from NYC.

As far as house music is concerned, im not too sure about where but i know the most popular club down there is Ampersand. I believe that they dont often play house down there, its usually breakbeats which im not all that big into. A friend of mine says that DJ trashy is big down there, and he spins breaks. Im assuming he is there JP and ampersand is their factory.

Also, 360 is supposed to be a decent club but i think its mostly hip hop and ive never been yet.

As for parades, the major ones are Indimiyon, Orpheus, Bachuus, etc.

i think that covers your questions, if not pm me or reply to this thread and ill help ya out.

I will be down at Mardi Gras too! This year will be my 4th mardi gras and im more pumped than ever. Ok i will try and keep it short...

Good bars/staples: Pat O's(hurricane), Razoo's, Tropical Aisle(hand grenade), Cats Meow (karaoke), the boot (tulane college bar/afterhours), etc...

All the joints mentioned above are staples in new orleans around mardi gras time. Im sure they will all be packed. Booze and beer is typically cheap down there and avialable everywhere. Daquiris, bees, whatever are always on every street corner so just grab a big daquiri (preferably 190 octane) and be on your way. Im sure it shouldnt be too expensive since you r from NYC.

As far as house music is concerned, im not too sure about where but i know the most popular club down there is Ampersand. I believe that they dont often play house down there, its usually breakbeats which im not all that big into. A friend of mine says that DJ trashy is big down there, and he spins breaks. Im assuming he is there JP and ampersand is their factory.

Also, 360 is supposed to be a decent club but i think its mostly hip hop and ive never been yet.

As for parades, the major ones are Indimiyon, Orpheus, Bachuus, etc.

i think that covers your questions, if not pm me or reply to this thread and ill help ya out.

I went to "&". It was hard techno that night.

360 is your upscale spot, top a sky rise.

There is also the place down near the Convention Center. I forgot the name. I went there about 2 or three nights.

There is also a club at the outer end of Burbon. Upscale too. They have a website.

I went to "&". It was hard techno that night.

360 is your upscale spot, top a sky rise.

There is also the place down near the Convention Center. I forgot the name. I went there about 2 or three nights.

There is also a club at the outer end of Burbon. Upscale too. They have a website.

Holla! Where you stayin bro? I went for business so I stayed at the Hilton but my boy stayed at the Royal Sonnesta and had a balcony room...how much is your room?

Holla! Where you stayin bro? I went for business so I stayed at the Hilton but my boy stayed at the Royal Sonnesta and had a balcony room...how much is your room?

No, Im not going. (Wish I was.) I was there about 2 years ago. few weels before M Gras.

I stayed near the Hitlon ... the Residence Inn next to the Convention Center. It was about 145 I think, 3 bedroom apartment approx 3,000 sq feet. That largest hotel room Ive ever seen. That other club is right down the street from the Residence Innn, right before the street the Convention Center is.