Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DT's LEGENDARY WMC PARTY

If you don't get him you don't get him. He is "The Djs - DJ" Hell, Deep Dish won an award last year and said this is to Danny T, he is the reason for this and he deserves it. The DJs know who is the top in our industry he gives us somethign to strive for that when all combined no other DJ can touch. Maybe his music isn't your style, but when you get to knwo who he is and what he does and how he does it then you learn the true meaning of DT. Anyhow, much like him, I stay away from the negativity, and fact is I have heard AMAZING sets form other DJs, but no one touches the whole package and the positive energy that comes from him. But just remember those that are on top always have haters.

See, nobody here says Danny T sucks, nobody is "hating" on Danny T. I think he's one heck of a DJ, but to say nobody touches him, and he's on this other level, is pure 100% BS. It's an opinion that can't be objectively assertained, or measured or even quanitified.... You could say that about ANYBODY!!! I'm serious, b/c its a matter of opinion!

As for being top... He's amongst the elite and one of the best at what he does, but like I said, most people outside of Miami, NY, and Ibiza don't know who he is (and I'm assuming Ibiza). I can guarentee you, people aren't waiting in droves to hear Danny T. And "god's gift" shouldn't have to tell Justin Timberlake who he is, and what he does. Not that it matters much b/c I don't expect any of the "pop", "teeniebop", and "mainstream" crowd to know him anyways. But this has always been about the music, not worshipping DJ's.

So whether its Danny T or Paul Van Dyk, Judge Jules & Paul Oakenfold, or DJ Louis Devito... its all about the music... go see who you like. plain & simple.

Nobody is untouchable and I can bet you serious money Danny T certainly wouldn't agree to this notion.

Too funny how some people love to run to the Danny T, and JP promo threads, and just have to throw their two cents in about how much they think, either that they suck, or that they are highly overrated....

Don't you people have anything better to do?

How about trying to have fun??? You might actually enjoy yourself.

See, nobody here says Danny T sucks, nobody is "hating" on Danny T. I think he's one heck of a DJ, but to say nobody touches him, and he's on this other level, is pure 100% BS. It's an opinion that can't be objectively assertained, or measured or even quanitified.... You could say that about ANYBODY!!! I'm serious, b/c its a matter of opinion!

As for being top... He's amongst the elite and one of the best at what he does, but like I said, most people outside of Miami, NY, and Ibiza don't know who he is (and I'm assuming Ibiza). I can guarentee you, people aren't waiting in droves to hear Danny T. And "god's gift" shouldn't have to tell Justin Timberlake who he is, and what he does. Not that it matters much b/c I don't expect any of the "pop", "teeniebop", and "mainstream" crowd to know him anyways. But this has always been about the music, not worshipping DJ's.

So whether its Danny T or Paul Van Dyk, Judge Jules & Paul Oakenfold, or DJ Louis Devito... its all about the music... go see who you like. plain & simple

Nobody is untouchable and I can bet you serious money Danny T certainly wouldn't agree to this notion.

Ok you have your opinions, I have mine. Why do you feel the need to go on a dt thread and tell everyone that hes not all that. Do you think that we really give a fuck if you like him or not or really care what your opinions are? Bc I really don't. This thread was not made to argue about if he is as good as everyone makes him out to be. it was made to let us know about his party at WMC.

Nobody is forcing anyone to love DT...we are simply expressing opinions...anything wrong with that? Those who think so, you are welcome to write somewhere else.

About DT...we all have different experiences...and form opinions accordingly.....BUT....when the most famous names of house music keep mentioning DT as their mentor...you need to pay attention. It's not a coincidence if Deep Dish, Saeed&Palash, Howells, Lawler etc..ALL look up to DT. There must be a reason....and that's for you to figure out. By the way, Tenaglia has been around for long....he's amongst the DJs that brought NYC's house scene to life.

To whoever that said that DT is not famous outside NYC, Miami and Ibiza....well my friend, unless you're blind....those 3 cities are pretty much references around the world in terms of party scene. Also, DT isn't exactly the guy who looks for fame....often times, he comes in town but it's not advertized. As you should know, DT is very dedicated and loyal to his people...(or used to be)....he used to spin EVERY friday night at the same place...that doesn't leave much time for traveling, does it? On the other hand...you have DJs like Deep Dish (who I love) who are famous everywhere they go....but fail to be loyal to their hometown (DC)...if u ask me, that's not very good either.

Like I said...last year, "Be yourself at Arc" was ahead of all clubnights around the country...better than big clubs like Space.......now u figure out why.

By the way....DT is not the king of EDM...but House music.....BIG difference.

Ok you have your opinions, I have mine. Why do you feel the need to go on a dt thread and tell everyone that hes not all that. Do you think that we really give a fuck if you like him or not or really care what your opinions are? Bc I really don't. This thread was not made to argue about if he is as good as everyone makes him out to be. it was made to let us know about his party at WMC.

That's funny b/c I like Danny T... stop projecting.

And try to read the thread and its context... it might help you out.

:makeout:

To whoever that said that DT is not famous outside NYC, Miami and Ibiza....well my friend, unless you're blind....those 3 cities are pretty much references around the world in terms of party scene. Also, DT isn't exactly the guy who looks for fame....often times, he comes in town but it's not advertized. As you should know, DT is very dedicated and loyal to his people...(or used to be)....he used to spin EVERY friday night at the same place...that doesn't leave much time for traveling, does it? On the other hand...you have DJs like Deep Dish (who I love) who are famous everywhere they go....but fail to be loyal to their hometown (DC)...if u ask me, that's not very good either.

That question still hasn't been answered. Does he have a site that lets people know where he'll be? Since Arc closed, his gig's are rarely publicized, except for the Made Events, and I knew he'd have a marathon in Miami. Is he sched to have only one party for the conference?

Miami, NY, and Ibiza are three of MANY party scenes... There are a great many more...

That question still hasn't been answered. Does he have a site that lets people know where he'll be? Since Arc closed, his gig's are rarely publicized, except for the Made Events, and I knew he'd have a marathon in Miami. Is he sched to have only one party for the conference?

Miami, NY, and Ibiza are three of MANY party scenes... There are a great many more...

Check dtourism.com for updates..

You are right, there are many more party scenes other than Miami, NY, and Ibiza, but believe me, if Danny wanted to, he could be playing 365 days a year, in a different club in a different country, every night. He turns down far more offers than he accepts...

Btw, don't forget that he played in Mexico for NYE this year..Singapore, for last year's NYE, just played in San Fransisco, and London a few months ago, as well as many more places that I can't remember off the top of my head..

DT annouces his gigs first on his site, dtourism. He use to spin at Space but (I believe, I'm not sure) after he was told he was playing closing nite, and all they did was change the name he didnt want to go bavk. According to people who have been there Envy is like Vinyl used to be. To me personally DT is the greatset DJ in the world, but if I was in Miami I would go to Space for Vath, Liebing, Beyer and Picatto.

Who really cares what everyone is saying about DT yopu either like him or not. If Not there are PLENTY of other parties to chose from.