Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The 93-1 skinny......

bustersobe

Bottom line, this is a sad day in dance music. Whether you liked it or not, PARTY 93-1 is no more. Apparently when ZETA switched their format to Latin hip-hop and r&b BOB NEIL, president of COX RADIO saw the vacuum in the market that this created. He worked this weekend to bring everything about through the COX RADIO higher ups and told station management today mid day, and the rest of the station at 4PM. The switch over took place at 6PM.

This is all the information I have. It happens in radio, I wish it did not happen to this station. It has been a part of me for the last 3 years. It was a very rare opportunity to expose dance music to the masses, no matter if it was freestyle, euro, or late night underground mix-show. Yes, the repetition drive me nuts too, and the play list. But one thing I could never argue with was were the numbers. Apparently BOB NEIL thinks we will get better numbers as a ROCK station.

Today is a sad day for dance music, an opportunity I hope we will have the chance to follow through with again in the future.

WTF??? :eek:

Hey Buster, congratulations to you and the rest of your team for an amazing run and for putting your hearts in the right place by doing so much for EDM in South Florida for the past 3 years.

In the words of Bob Marley...

When one door is closed, many more are open.

Cheers :beer:

its a sad day indeed. Buster and many others poured blood sweat and tears into putting dance music back on the map.

I def believe in my heart that dance music will return to so fl airwaves again soon and buster will prolly have a hand in it.

damn im really gonna miss GDJB :(

WTF??? :eek:

Hey Buster, congratulations to you and the rest of your team for an amazing run and for putting your hearts in the right place by doing so much for EDM in South Florida for the past 3 years.

In the words of Bob Marley...

When one door is closed, many more are open.

Cheers

Couldn't have said it better myself!! ;)

Another dark day for our preferred local radio programming... like it or not, this station was an asset to the sofl scene... :no:

Appearently carving a niche and putting time money and effort into a brand means nothing in the radio industry... :confused:

What can i say, Life goes on...

Mad props to you, Buster, and to everyone in the 93.1 team...

Here's to all the accomplishments had, and for all the many more to come!!! :beer:

Can anyone say XM!!?!?!!

Peace!

Mp3.- :smoke:

Couldn't have said it better myself!! ;)

Another dark day for our preferred local radio programming... like it or not, this station was an asset to the sofl scene... :no:

Appearently carving a niche and putting time money and effort into a brand means nothing in the radio industry... :confused:

What can i say, Life goes on...

Mad props to you, Buster, and to everyone in the 93.1 team...

Here's to all the accomplishments had, and for all the many more to come!!! :beer:

Can anyone say XM!!?!?!!

Peace!

Mp3.- :smoke:

XM might be the answer. I think the suits caved in to advertisers who thought otherwise, because they are the big players behind the scene. Its all about the ad dollars. Lets face it, if country music would generate more income, more stations would go down the toilet.

XM might be the answer. I think the suits caved in to advertisers who thought otherwise, because they are the big players behind the scene. Its all about the ad dollars. Lets face it, if country music would generate more income, more stations would go down the toilet.

I have to disagree, Thats a service you gota pay, I cannot afford such, Webradios have always been free and that right now is the only option we have.

I have to disagree, Thats a service you gota pay, I cannot afford such, Webradios have always been free and that right now is the only option we have.

..I guess i spoke out of turn... i know some people cant afford or stomach the idea of paying for radio...but when you think about it..its really a good idea of having to listen to what you like ,..any time,..with no pestering commercials...its not a bad deal when you think about it....besides, there isnt much we can do with the way radio is going lately....its just a choice...

Shit happens, and when the suits get involved it can be a real mess.

However, I called this about 1 1/2 years ago when i used to Board Op for the station.......I saw it coming......

Sorry about the loss Buster, I for one know first hand by working with you, how hard you worked to bring dance music to the surface.......

Other opprotunities await on the horizon....