Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Officially WORST Club in NYC is....

The Officially WORST Club in NYC is...CORAL ROOM

Oh my G-D! After joining these forums and reading through the various hot nights and hot clubs, I decided to venture out with 2 girls and have some fun. We went to 3 clubs in one night but, the one that stood out as absoulte horror was this club called Coral Room.

As Im waiting to get in, no line but a very lazy doorperson, 5 black girls are screaming at their "men" on cellphones swearing up and down, telling them something about being to into G-Unit and that they were going to get their groove on in the club with courvoisier.

If I had any common sense I would have just walked off the line and moved on..I have no common sense. The club was small, hokey fish tanks, horrible sound, no lighting, music was something off of hot 97 and DJ's ability to mix was that of a high school prom DJ. People were beyond unattractive. Just thinking about the whole experience sickens me, I have never seen anything quite like it and the place was half empty so I suppose others already knew what I just found out.

Went off to Cain and Marquee, both in the same neighborhood and both were rocking. The people were attractive, the music, sound and lights were great, the energy and vibe were right on. Drinks were expensive but, this is NYC and the top spots get top dollar for good reason.

By the end of the night at Marquee I almost forgot about how the night began...almost.

The Officially WORST Club in NYC is...CORAL ROOM

Oh my G-D! After joining these forums and reading through the various hot nights and hot clubs, I decided to venture out with 2 girls and have some fun. We went to 3 clubs in one night but, the one that stood out as absoulte horror was this club called Coral Room.

As Im waiting to get in, no line but a very lazy doorperson, 5 black girls are screaming at their "men" on cellphones swearing up and down, telling them something about being to into G-Unit and that they were going to get their groove on in the club with courvoisier.

If I had any common sense I would have just walked off the line and moved on..I have no common sense. The club was small, hokey fish tanks, horrible sound, no lighting, music was something off of hot 97 and DJ's ability to mix was that of a high school prom DJ. People were beyond unattractive. Just thinking about the whole experience sickens me, I have never seen anything quite like it and the place was half empty so I suppose others already knew what I just found out.

Went off to Cain and Marquee, both in the same neighborhood and both were rocking. The people were attractive, the music, sound and lights were great, the energy and vibe were right on. Drinks were expensive but, this is NYC and the top spots get top dollar for good reason.

By the end of the night at Marquee I almost forgot about how the night began...almost.

ahahahahahahhahahahahhah...

what are you typing about... last time i saw you out was in a hiphop room and you were wearing mecca pants, with a seanjohn track jacket a kangol with a durag under it and mad fake platinum jewelry...

No it was in Nick's kitchen...when I was so completely exhausted from the night before I was falling asleep on the counter.

Nothin' jiggy bout' that! :afro:

agreed but light is good for a lounge/after work thing.

light was a good spot like 5-6 yrs ago.

crowd sucks now, even for an afterwork spot.

drinks are too exp and in too small a glass, even for nyc standards.

and no place on the planet can be worse then china club these days.

went there for a party upstairs in jade terrace about a month ago and checked out the rest of the club while i was there and everything about that place SUCKS.

i'm an old timer who doesn't get out much, but its kinda funny in a sad sort of way to see the 180 some of these places take.

light was a good spot like 5-6 yrs ago.

crowd sucks now, even for an afterwork spot.

drinks are too exp and in too small a glass, even for nyc standards.

eh, maybe it was the night that u went, or maybe the nights that I went (only 3x). But anyway, in terms of the glass size and price...it's pretty standard for that type of venue in that specific area.

eh, maybe it was the night that u went, or maybe the nights that I went (only 3x). But anyway, in terms of the glass size and price...it's pretty standard for that type of venue in that specific area.

i just don't like how they serve drinks in those long skinny glasses.

they load it up with ice like all bars, but in those glasses its that much worse.

most places don't serve mix drinks in that kind of glass.

I think it is safe for us to all assume that China Club, Light and Coral Room are all terrible places and should be avoided at all costs.

I too have been to China Club and it is up there with the worst of them but, at least the room is somewhat "ok" and the sound system is also "ok".

But, that Coral Room was just about the worst place I have ever been to across the board. Bad room, bad sound, horrible crowd..just horrific.

I've said my peace and given my warning so anyone that goes does so at their own risk.

How Funny is this...

On page 6 in todays NY Post (actually on page 10) there is a mermaid suing the Coral Room for making her sick from swimming in the tank. She claims it was filled with fish "poop" and that the tank doesnt have the proper equipment needed to filter it out.

Guess I wasnt the only person who got sick from going there.

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix_u.htm

TEMPEST IN A MERMAID TANK

A MERMAID who used to swim inside the 10,000-gallon aquarium at Coral Room is spilling her gills about fishy working conditions at the Chelsea hot spot. Nina Stotler, 25, says the water inside the titanic tank was clouded with fish droppings and debris, and claims Coral Room did not have the proper equipment to keep it clean. "You opened your eyes in there and you could see the fish poop," Stotler told PAGE SIX. "But the biggest problem was the dirt on the bottom of the tank — if you touched it, it would kick up all the dirt and stuff. The water wasn't filthy, but it definitely wasn't clean." She also said that mermaids were urged to make their own skimpy costumes — complete with tails — and spent time "shivering on some wooden planks above the tank" between swimming sets. But Coral Room mouthpiece Gabrielle Bernstein says the tank was scrubbed clean every day, and "90 percent" of the mermaids hired at the club's opening are still there. And the mermaid lounge has been upgraded since Stotler quit in 2003: They've got beanbag chairs up there, they've got tea kettles for the girls," Bernstein said. "They've created a nice, comfortable place for them to hang out between swim sessions."