Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto

And believe me a dj can train wreck a lot and still be great or not mix at all and still be great.

not true... mixing skills is what seperates humans up there playing music or some monkey, being paid in bananas throwin on records... mixing skills has A LOT to do with how good a dj is... even if you give a monkey a crate full of peak-time, big-room bangers you're not gonna walk away saying "yo that monkey was an ill dj" but on the other hand if some kid is an expert mixer but is playing kim sozzi and lasgo tracks you're gonna think he sucks... a great dj has the best of both worlds..

"DT plays tech-house, tribal, progressive." i guess you havent heard him enough, if thats what you think Dt "only" plays SOJ. Technical skills to me included TRACK SELECTION sorry for not making that point. And believe me a dj can train wreck a lot and still be great or not mix at all and still be great.

Look for the word "only" in my response. Did you find it? I hope not. Cuz if you did, I'd question which thread you were reading. I don't give a rats ass if DT drops a country track, followed by a hip hop track, followed by Backstreet Boys. He's known as a tribal, tech and progressive house DJ. Period. End of story.

There is nothing "technical" about track selection. But I'll bite. Let's say to you..track selection IS "technical". Track selection is about making people move, making them have fun, making them feel something. To the fans of tiesto, who apparently outnumber DT's fans by like 10 to 1...tiesto's track selection was better in 2004. Now I like DT's track selection better, but that's personal taste and has nothing to do with the "best dj of 2004" title.

I don't confuse personal taste with a popular dj award. You shouldn't either.