Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto

I always have a comment :) Never said I was off the trance bandwagon but have never been a big fan of Tiesto. Always thought his stuff was good but that there was better stuff out there. In any case, you're right about peeps bashing trance just 'cause its not as popular in the city as it used to be.

omg you agreed with me... :shake::shake: not....... feeling...... welll......

First, let me lay a foundation before commenting on Tiesto's performance last night.

I rarely feel the need to post/reply to this site because, as most of you have pointed out already, a majority of the banter is un-intelligent, un-substantiated, grammatically-incorrect, crap. Second, while most people can waste their days away, being cool, posting all day - my employment at a tier 1 firm prohibits me from doing so. Despite that, the ridiculous posts make for a humorous evening reading.

- I have been in the scene for more than 10 years, when SoundFactory was Soundfactory not the twice converted warehouse. With that being said, here are my thoughts about last night and the posts related to that.

- In my opinion (and it is only my opinion so try to refrain from the usual BS), there are two ways that people seem to judge how "good" a set is. The most prevailing metric seems to be that a "good" set is determined by how many "top" hits or "recognizable" tracks are played. Case in point: it was or was not a good set because he did or did not play Traffic/Love Comes Again/Flight 643/etc....

- The second basis for judgement, and the one I & most of my friends seem to subscribe to, is a little different. It is based on "how many times does the DJ make you stop and/or scream because he is dropping a sick/favorite/personal/rarely played track?" If that is the measuring stick, then despite Tiesto's non-playing of mainstream songs, he made me/us do exactly that at least 10 times last night.

- And because of that, I thought it was a great set!

---------------------

And as a side note to the "amatuer" discussion...some people simply have respect/manners - other's do not. Personally, I hate those that do not, push by, and do not say "excuse me".

Sorry for the diatribe...just felt the need to put it out there.

Peace!

-First, let me lay a foundation before commenting on Tiesto's performance last night.

"I rarely feel the need to post/reply to this site because, as most of you have pointed out already, a majority of the banter is un-intelligent, un-substantiated, grammatically-incorrect, crap. Second, while most people can waste their days away, being cool, posting all day - my employment at a tier 1 firm prohibits me from doing so."

So the janitorial position you hold at a top tier firm is more prestigious than one at McDonalds? By all means, you are very modest.

"Despite that, the ridiculous posts make for a humorous evening reading."

Reading the letters I wrote in cum on your girlfriend's stomach makes it a humourous evening.

- "I have been in the scene for more than 10 years, when SoundFactory was Soundfactory not the twice converted warehouse. With that being said, here are my thoughts about last night and the posts related to that."

I assume this is a failed attempt in trying to establish credibility.

Peace!

No don't be. I apologize that you weren't aborted.

thought his abrupt ending and sneaky exit off the stage was kinda shitty... other than that... people must be nuts...

i dont like his CDs, i am not a big trance fan and i dont buy into mainstream crap, BUT his skills cannot be denied... and the PARTY was full of energy... on a wednesday night... at a club that has the best staff around...

how could you not have a good time last night (besides being a little too crowded)? i didnt drop a pill, and i even was sick for a bit cause i had one too many, but i still managed to feel damn good because of how happy and vibing everyone was...

what looked like 3,000+ people just chillin :)

and remember, he's just a DJ folks... he's not gonna have some kind of crazy stage performance or show that's gonna blow you away... he spins records

:) and that being said... i think he spun them fairly well last night

Listen, Tiesto is not for NYC. Period. He might be the # 1 DJ in the world but not here in New York. We are used to more underground hard beats. Don't get me wrong, I used to love Tiesto, PVD, Oakenfold, etc... when I was younger, but now they just don't do it for me. Too comercial and too trancy. It's played out.

Good luck in europe tiesto! You belong there

you read my mind exactly

Listen, Tiesto is not for NYC. Period. He might be the # 1 DJ in the world but not here in New York. We are used to more underground hard beats. Don't get me wrong, I used to love Tiesto, PVD, Oakenfold, etc... when I was younger, but now they just don't do it for me. Too comercial and too trancy. It's played out.

Good luck in europe tiesto! You belong there

c'mon that's a bunch of crap... what commercial tracks does tiesto play aside from "love comes again"... he's not spinning "castles in the sky" or the "i hit the treadmill everyday" track or lasgo... name me a few non-underground tracks that tiesto has spun the last few weeks/months/year!!! fucking what about basement jaxx and moby.... why do they get respect for branching out edm to the masses but tiesto gets slammed for it??

also while you are frantically busy thinking of "commercial" tracks that tiesto plays you should understand that he's a trance dj... of course he's gonna play "trancey" stuff.... what else is he gonna spin... is he gonna drop rotterdam terror corps in the middle of his set maybe an omar santana track here and there... NO... and god forbid he did change thigns up a bit and started playing house i bet every on here who makes fun of tiesto now will find somethign else to whine about... lol... what is wrong with me?? im addicted to a messageboard filled with a bunch of morons... lol..

spaz.. well put... i found a good portion of hsi set to be kinda repetitive... but those moments you have when a track you're really feeling comes on... ahh can't beat that feeling... it was so nice to hear push - universal nation played out again... it's been a few years..

dude c'mon now

lethal industry

flight 643

adagio for strings (3 of his biggest songs out right now)

EVERY SONG ON HIS PARADE OF ATHELETES CD... no female lyrics... just warm fuzzy synths and some hard beats... he's the man as far as producing goes, can't deny that... i think his sets are starting to slip a bit, but trance music is changing... trance might have died in your eyes but there were about 3000 people last night (a wednesday night, with work in the morning) that will tell you different my man...

THANK YOU OLDTIMER - I WAS WAITING FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO RECOGNIZE THIS BEFORE I ADDED MY TWO CENTS....

I CANT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD ARE SO NEGATIVE AND LOVE TO BASH. OVER THE PAST 10 YEARS I HAVE CERTAINLY CHANGED MY PREFERENCE IN THE MUSIC I PLAY AND THE MUSIC I LISTEN TO. I USE TO LIVE FOR TRANCE MUSIC AND THE DJ'S THAT SERVED ME THE BEATS I WANTED TO HEAR ... TIESTO, PVD, OAKIE TO BE SPECIFIC... EVEN THOUGH I AM MUCH MORE INTO A HOUSE AND PROG THESE PAST FEW YEARS I WOULD NEVER INSULT AND/OR DISRESPECT THE DJS NOR THE GENRE THAT MADE ME SO F'IN PASSIONATE ABOUT ELECTRONIC DANCE...WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO PUT DOWN A DJ OR A STYLE OF MUSIC ONCE THEY DISCOVER A NEW SOUND THEY ADMIRE. EXCUSE ME IF IM WRONG AND SOUND REDUNDANT...BUT DOESN'T THIS KNOCK EVERYTHING THAT DANCE MUSIC IS ABOUT?

I STILL LOVE TO HEAR WHAT PVD, TEISTO AND OAKIE ARE DOING THESE DAYS, WHERE THEY ARE TOURING, HOW MUCH THEY ARE MAKING PER GIG AND I'LL ALWAYS LISTEN OR BUY THEIR LATEST COMPILATIONS TO SEE HOW THEIR STYLES HAS PROGRESSED AND HOW MY STYLE HAS DIFFERENTIATED FROM THEM... THESE GUYS HAVE COME SUCH A LONG WAY IN A RELATIVELY SHORT PERIOD OF TIME...THESE ARE THE GUYS WHO WERE DOING IT WAY BEFORE THE THOUSANDS OF UP AND COMMING DJS LIKE HALF OF US ON THIS BOARD PICKED UP A PIECE OF VINYL....SO FUCKIN BLESS THEM FOR TAKING DANCE AND TRANCE TO THE LEVEL ITS AT TODAY...GIVES INSPIRATION TO PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF.. AND IM A FUCKIN HOUSE HEAD.

AND BTW THERE IS DEF NOTHING WRONG WITH RAGING TO SOME CLASSICS ONCE IN A BLUE, BUT THATS WHAT CDS ARE FOR. DONT YOU LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING THE NEXT BEST BANGER?

AND I GIVE ALL OF THE AMATEURS PROPS FOR GOING OUT ON A WED NIGHT TO PARTY AT CROBAR WITH TIESTO... I WAS ONCE 17, 18, 19 YRS OLD... LIKE ALL OF YOU WERE ONCE (OR STILL ARE) ASWELL..... UNFORTUNATELY WE HAVE TO GET OLDER OR I WOULD HAVE STAYED THAT AGE FOREVER... THESE KIDS ARE THE NEW GENERATION OF PUNTERS AND IF WASNT FOR THEM KEEPING THE PASSION ALIVE, US OLD FOLKS WOULDNT BE BLESSED WITH THE INTERNATIONAL TALENT THAT COMES THROUGH THE DOORS FOR US TO HATE ON :bowdown: I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT TH CLUB KIDS THOUGHT WHEN THEY SAW MY 16 YEAR OLD AMATEUR ASS AT THE LIMELIGHT OR PALLADIUM JUMPING AROUND LIKE A CRAZY LITTLE BASTARD...AND I THOUGHT I KNEW IT ALL THOSE DAYS :)

JUST MY 2 CENTS...NO DISRESPECT INTENDED TO ANYONE SPECIFIC.....

APPRECIATE

:party::dj::party:

dude c'mon now

lethal industry

flight 643

adagio for strings (3 of his biggest songs out right now)

EVERY SONG ON HIS PARADE OF ATHELETES CD... no female lyrics... just warm fuzzy synths and some hard beats... he's the man as far as producing goes, can't deny that... i think his sets are starting to slip a bit, but trance music is changing... trance might have died in your eyes but there were about 3000 people last night (a wednesday night, with work in the morning) that will tell you different my man...

THANK YOU OLDTIMER - I WAS WAITING FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO RECOGNIZE THIS BEFORE I ADDED MY TWO CENTS....

I CANT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD ARE SO NEGATIVE AND LOVE TO BASH. OVER THE PAST 10 YEARS I HAVE CERTAINLY CHANGED MY PREFERENCE IN THE MUSIC I PLAY AND THE MUSIC I LISTEN TO. I USE TO LIVE FOR TRANCE MUSIC AND THE DJ'S THAT SERVED ME THE BEATS I WANTED TO HEAR ... TIESTO, PVD, OAKIE TO BE SPECIFIC... EVEN THOUGH I AM MUCH MORE INTO A HOUSE AND PROG THESE PAST FEW YEARS I WOULD NEVER INSULT AND/OR DISRESPECT THE DJS NOR THE GENRE THAT MADE ME SO F'IN PASSIONATE ABOUT ELECTRONIC DANCE...WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO PUT DOWN A DJ OR A STYLE OF MUSIC ONCE THEY DISCOVER A NEW SOUND THEY ADMIRE. EXCUSE ME IF IM WRONG AND SOUND REDUNDANT...BUT DOESN'T THIS KNOCK EVERYTHING THAT DANCE MUSIC IS ABOUT?

I STILL LOVE TO HEAR WHAT PVD, TEISTO AND OAKIE ARE DOING THESE DAYS, WHERE THEY ARE TOURING, HOW MUCH THEY ARE MAKING PER GIG AND I'LL ALWAYS LISTEN OR BUY THEIR LATEST COMPILATIONS TO SEE HOW THEIR STYLES HAS PROGRESSED AND HOW MY STYLE HAS DIFFERENTIATED FROM THEM... THESE GUYS HAVE COME SUCH A LONG WAY IN A RELATIVELY SHORT PERIOD OF TIME...THESE ARE THE GUYS WHO WERE DOING IT WAY BEFORE THE THOUSANDS OF UP AND COMMING DJS LIKE HALF OF US ON THIS BOARD PICKED UP A PIECE OF VINYL....SO FUCKIN BLESS THEM FOR TAKING DANCE AND TRANCE TO THE LEVEL ITS AT TODAY...GIVES INSPIRATION TO PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF.. AND IM A FUCKIN HOUSE HEAD.

AND BTW THERE IS DEF NOTHING WRONG WITH RAGING TO SOME CLASSICS ONCE IN A BLUE, BUT THATS WHAT CDS ARE FOR. DONT YOU LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING THE NEXT BEST BANGER?

AND I GIVE ALL OF THE AMATEURS PROPS FOR GOING OUT ON A WED NIGHT TO PARTY AT CROBAR WITH TIESTO... I WAS ONCE 17, 18, 19 YRS OLD... LIKE ALL OF YOU WERE ONCE (OR STILL ARE) ASWELL..... UNFORTUNATELY WE HAVE TO GET OLDER OR I WOULD HAVE STAYED THAT AGE FOREVER... THESE KIDS ARE THE NEW GENERATION OF PUNTERS AND IF WASNT FOR THEM KEEPING THE PASSION ALIVE, US OLD FOLKS WOULDNT BE BLESSED WITH THE INTERNATIONAL TALENT THAT COMES THROUGH THE DOORS FOR US TO HATE ON :bowdown: I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT TH CLUB KIDS THOUGHT WHEN THEY SAW MY 16 YEAR OLD AMATEUR ASS AT THE LIMELIGHT OR PALLADIUM JUMPING AROUND LIKE A CRAZY LITTLE BASTARD...AND I THOUGHT I KNEW IT ALL THOSE DAYS :)

JUST MY 2 CENTS...NO DISRESPECT INTENDED TO ANYONE SPECIFIC.....

APPRECIATE

:party::dj::party:

Hey, you're caps lock is broken, could you please fix that ;)

First, let me lay a foundation before commenting on Tiesto's performance last night.

I rarely feel the need to post/reply to this site because, as most of you have pointed out already, a majority of the banter is un-intelligent, un-substantiated, grammatically-incorrect, crap. Second, while most people can waste their days away, being cool, posting all day - my employment at a tier 1 firm prohibits me from doing so. Despite that, the ridiculous posts make for a humorous evening reading.

- I have been in the scene for more than 10 years, when SoundFactory was Soundfactory not the twice converted warehouse. With that being said, here are my thoughts about last night and the posts related to that.

- In my opinion (and it is only my opinion so try to refrain from the usual BS), there are two ways that people seem to judge how "good" a set is. The most prevailing metric seems to be that a "good" set is determined by how many "top" hits or "recognizable" tracks are played. Case in point: it was or was not a good set because he did or did not play Traffic/Love Comes Again/Flight 643/etc....

- The second basis for judgement, and the one I & most of my friends seem to subscribe to, is a little different. It is based on "how many times does the DJ make you stop and/or scream because he is dropping a sick/favorite/personal/rarely played track?" If that is the measuring stick, then despite Tiesto's non-playing of mainstream songs, he made me/us do exactly that at least 10 times last night.

---------------------

And as a side note to the "amatuer" discussion...some people simply have respect/manners - other's do not. Personally, I hate those that do not, push by, and do not say "excuse me".

Peace!

Wow, are you an arrogent fuck. Please stop posting, no one cares about your tier 1 (usually peeps say fortune 500 but whatever) firm.

---------------------

Peace!

personally, i think you should shut the fuck up. My fortune 100 company doesn't prohibit me going online and I could care less about you going to Sound Factory 10 years ago. What does going to Sound Factory 10 years ago have anything to do with judging Tiestos set? You were douchbag then as you are now. A great set is determined by a number of things put together including hit-tracks played, exclusive tracks played, flow of tracks, reaction of the crowd/overall atmosphere/vibe, and most important mixing. Tiesto's mixing is not the greatest out there -- but i guess he compensates by hopping around like an idiot and nodding his head :rolleyes:

and he has become the new Oakenfold - for all those people that came out to see him and paid - he gives them a 2 1/2 hour set?? wtf is that about!

i think more people got their moneys worth from Serge Devant - who I would rather listen to over Tiesto any day of the week.

personally, i think you should shut the fuck up. My fortune 100 company doesn't prohibit me going online and I could care less about you going to Sound Factory 10 years ago. What does going to Sound Factory 10 years ago have anything to do with judging Tiestos set? You were douchbag then as you are now. A great set is determined by a number of things put together including hit-tracks played, exclusive tracks played, flow of tracks, reaction of the crowd/overall atmosphere/vibe, and most important mixing. Tiesto's mixing is not the greatest out there -- but i guess he compensates by hopping around like an idiot and nodding his head :rolleyes:

and he has become the new Oakenfold - for all those people that came out to see him and paid - he gives them a 2 1/2 hour set?? wtf is that about!

i think more people got their moneys worth from Serge Devant - who I would rather listen to over Tiesto any day of the week.

EXACTLY!!! thanks again GotMilk...

PS my Tier 1 company prevents me from goin out on a Wed to hang out with a bunch of 18 year olds...thanks

GotMilk, you are by far, the only douchbag and ignorant moron withing this discussion.You just proved you are not capable of having a normal conversation without cursing and offending anyone who disagrees with you. The whole point of this discussion is to express our opinions, but do it with respect and considerations as to all other users of the board. If you have no respect, you get none in return. Get some manners, learn how to speak your mind as a grown up, not as an ignorant fuck. Moreoover,If you base your opinion of a Dj mainly on the length/duration of his sets or the price per ticket, i have nothing more to say and rest my case.

PS. No one gives a flying f... what you were, are, or would listen to.

GotMilk, you are by far, the only douchbag and ignorant moron withing this discussion.You just proved you are not capable of having a normal conversation without cursing and offending anyone who disagrees with you. The whole point of this discussion is to express our opinions, but do it with respect and considerations as to all other users of the board. If you have no respect, you get none in return. Get some manners, learn how to speak your mind as a grown up, not as an ignorant fuck. Moreoover,If you base your opinion of a Dj mainly on the length/duration of his sets or the price per ticket, i have nothing more to say and rest my case.

PS. No one gives a flying f... what you were, are, or would listen to.

Why dont you reread my retort Mr Tier 1 executive...where do I mention that length of set or price of ticket are the main deciding factors...thats a pretty big assumption..isnt it Mr. Forbes? I don't give a fuck about your respect. I don't go on Clubplanet looking for respect from people that I don't know or care to know. Ill save my manners for the Martha Stewart Welcome Home soiree in a couple of months. This is a club messageboard last time I checked: a place where wannabe-club-socialites-who-know-jackshit-about -the-scene-but-post-anyway-due-to-some-strange-delusion-that-someone-actually-cares-about-what-they-have-to-say(pretty amusing in itself)-when-really-NO ONE REALLY GIVES A FLYING FUCK post and get shitted on for mere amusement - nothing more...

so please respond - i need some more laughs