Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto

Disappointed for the second time, the first being his gig in central park. For some reason I expected it to be better in a club environment, but I simply can't get into him at all. I'm going to avoid him at the winter music conference.

Glad I didnt stay late, however there was one track he spun... a Portishead remix that was nice to hear.

Anyone know who remixed it?

-M

Disappointed for the second time, the first being his gig in central park. For some reason I expected it to be better in a club environment, but I simply can't get into him at all. I'm going to avoid him at the winter music conference.

-M

Did you do enough bumps and caps?

I think that would have helped

tiesto is so overated..

and trance music doesnt belong in NY..all you idiots that think tiesto is great and jump on the bandwagon need to have your ears checked..

whats the point of goin to a club? to dance. not to stand around crowded sweaty and on top on one another to watch some douchbag overated dj spin tracks with a BPM count too high to dance to..

you could have easily just popped in one of his cds in your bedroom and you would have still experienced the diversity of his livesets..

pathetic

Sorry, but I agree with this mofo 100%...I got one of those late night calls to go and I'M SO GLAD I DIDNT

...and yes, I can dance like a mofo to trance BUT sounds to me that Tiesto gettin a big head like Joakenfold...I'm surprised he stayed on till 3:30 and didnt cut out after only an hour.

...besides, some people have to work on weekdays and dont wanna hang with 18 year olds with glowsticks

Glad I didnt stay late, however there was one track he spun... a Portishead remix that was nice to hear.

Anyone know who remixed it?

-M

try Portishead - Roads (Sultan & Tonedepth Remix) but i highly doubt tiesblo would spin that

Nyana was his last decent album...and even then it was kinda weak...

i liked him during his Magik CD series in the late 90's / 2000....

trance just got played out for me.....if i want to listen to trance i'll listen to j00f or groove eric on the miami board....now thats trance

You guys, i dont know about

i had an amazing time, i`ve seen tiesto do an 8 hour set, i didnt expect him to do one tonight. He's somewhat commercialized himself, but its like, most people on this website, just want to hate. I saw about 3 thousand people last night, having a great time, if you all knew you would'ny have a goodtime, or expected to be upset, then why'd you go...Thats what he is, and i went there expecting anything over 3 hours to be a good night. This is who he is now, all of you talking about he didnt spin this, or play this style...he's not your personal DJ, he has a style of his own and will continue with it as long as he sells out clubs on a wednesday night. Its like most of you on this board are just angry, ask people next time your int he club how they feal about the DJ, or tell me where you get a crowd like last night possesed. I had a fantastic time, and the DJ after Tiesto showed me theres other talent still around. I'm sorry, but if you did'nt enjoy yourself, then stop going to see people you dont expect to be suprised by. Glad to see a couple people i havent seen in years, and had an awesome time, no disrespect, just telling you about my great night. And, first time at Crobar, though pressed tot he limit showed me a club that has respect for it patrons and can still have a good time.

see you next time

If you think he didn't play any tracks from the dvd, you obviously don't know the names of the tracks. He also played many exclusive new tracks like the new remix of "UR" the montana edit of Universal Nation(encore) new remix of adagio... if you say that was a weak mix, you are crazy. Why do you people complain every time that he didn't play his classics? Yes, it'd be nice to hear them, but you aren't going to hear the same 5 tracks each and every single time he spins. I might be biased because I am a fan prior to the bandwagon effect caused by his "#1" dj voting.

kudos, well said!

i wasn't there last night, might go to check him out at the wmc, not really my style anymore. but im not gonna sit here and bash the guy. he's obviously got talent and is doing very well for himself.

You guys, i dont know about

i had an amazing time, i`ve seen tiesto do an 8 hour set, i didnt expect him to do one tonight. He's somewhat commercialized himself, but its like, most people on this website, just want to hate. I saw about 3 thousand people last night, having a great time, if you all knew you would'ny have a goodtime, or expected to be upset, then why'd you go...Thats what he is, and i went there expecting anything over 3 hours to be a good night. This is who he is now, all of you talking about he didnt spin this, or play this style...he's not your personal DJ, he has a style of his own and will continue with it as long as he sells out clubs on a wednesday night. Its like most of you on this board are just angry, ask people next time your int he club how they feal about the DJ, or tell me where you get a crowd like last night possesed. I had a fantastic time, and the DJ after Tiesto showed me theres other talent still around. I'm sorry, but if you did'nt enjoy yourself, then stop going to see people you dont expect to be suprised by. Glad to see a couple people i havent seen in years, and had an awesome time, no disrespect, just telling you about my great night. And, first time at Crobar, though pressed tot he limit showed me a club that has respect for it patrons and can still have a good time.

see you next time

If you think he didn't play any tracks from the dvd, you obviously don't know the names of the tracks. He also played many exclusive new tracks like the new remix of "UR" the montana edit of Universal Nation(encore) new remix of adagio... if you say that was a weak mix, you are crazy. Why do you people complain every time that he didn't play his classics? Yes, it'd be nice to hear them, but you aren't going to hear the same 5 tracks each and every single time he spins. I might be biased because I am a fan prior to the bandwagon effect caused by his "#1" dj voting.
your opinion i respect.

Its been ages since i posted or have gone out for that matter. I would never attend a Tiesto show after the debacle he had in Avalon. This guy is the total definition of an over-rated, pompus asshole who made his way to the top w/ cheesy vocal productions made for the female gender. Get real people trance has been dead since 2000. Its five years later we all need to move on.

Coxy for St. Patty's Day. Ill be there for that.

I personally had a great time. A lot of amateurs bumping and squeezing in through the crowd bothered me a lot, but like I said club amateurs. Tiesto to me played a great set. Uplifting and progressive. Song after song the crowd roared!! The vibe in Crobar last night on a Wed was up to par. Being it was an 18 and over crowd all types of people were there older crowd, young crowd, gays, straights all in one room enjoying music. NYC at its best.

I dont understand why people will say he is now overrated. Why is it that every dj makes it to the top is overrated. He is there for a reason. Just like any other past dj or up and coming dj. If he was overrated I sure Crobar wouldnt have been packed by 1130 with a line down the street on a Wed in NYC.

But for each is own and everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Victor Soto

I personally had a great time. A lot of amateurs bumping and squeezing in through the crowd bothered me a lot, but like I said club amateurs. Tiesto to me played a great set. Uplifting and progressive. Song after song the crowd roared!! The vibe in Crobar last night on a Wed was up to par. Being it was an 18 and over crowd all types of people were there older crowd, young crowd, gays, straights all in one room enjoying music. NYC at its best.

I dont understand why people will say he is now overrated. Why is it that every dj makes it to the top is overrated. He is there for a reason. Just like any other past dj or up and coming dj. If he was overrated I sure Crobar wouldnt have been packed by 1130 with a line down the street on a Wed in NYC.

But for each is own and everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Victor Soto

what makes those people you bumped into any bit more amateurish than you?