Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto

You guys, i dont know about

i had an amazing time, i`ve seen tiesto do an 8 hour set, i didnt expect him to do one tonight. He's somewhat commercialized himself, but its like, most people on this website, just want to hate. I saw about 3 thousand people last night, having a great time, if you all knew you would'ny have a goodtime, or expected to be upset, then why'd you go...Thats what he is, and i went there expecting anything over 3 hours to be a good night. This is who he is now, all of you talking about he didnt spin this, or play this style...he's not your personal DJ, he has a style of his own and will continue with it as long as he sells out clubs on a wednesday night. Its like most of you on this board are just angry, ask people next time your int he club how they feal about the DJ, or tell me where you get a crowd like last night possesed. I had a fantastic time, and the DJ after Tiesto showed me theres other talent still around. I'm sorry, but if you did'nt enjoy yourself, then stop going to see people you dont expect to be suprised by. Glad to see a couple people i havent seen in years, and had an awesome time, no disrespect, just telling you about my great night. And, first time at Crobar, though pressed tot he limit showed me a club that has respect for it patrons and can still have a good time.

see you next time

Honestly, I could not agree with you more...

kudos, well said!

i wasn't there last night, might go to check him out at the wmc

we should def get a meet up going in SB :bounce:

and shout out to VSOTO....you the man, thanks for the hook up...def good seeing you and Jerry X...I'll be in touch soon :phone:

i duno i feel that armin van buuren is better

3 hour set is weak

why cant he play longer

he played like an 8 hour set somwhere in canada a few month ago

why cant he do that here

Love AVB too. Are you going to Spirit when he goes? PVD will be in town next month.

Victor Soto

Rephrase your comment. Look what I said

"A lot of amateurs bumping and squeezing in through the crowd bothered me a lot, but like I said club amateurs. "

Victor Soto

ok..

what makes those club amateurs that were "bumping and squeezing in through the crowd" any more amateurish than you????

dont dodge the question

I personally had a great time. A lot of amateurs bumping and squeezing in through the crowd bothered me a lot, but like I said club amateurs. Tiesto to me played a great set. Uplifting and progressive. Song after song the crowd roared!! The vibe in Crobar last night on a Wed was up to par. Being it was an 18 and over crowd all types of people were there older crowd, young crowd, gays, straights all in one room enjoying music. NYC at its best.

I dont understand why people will say he is now overrated. Why is it that every dj makes it to the top is overrated. He is there for a reason. Just like any other past dj or up and coming dj. If he was overrated I sure Crobar wouldnt have been packed by 1130 with a line down the street on a Wed in NYC.

But for each is own and everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Victor Soto

Couldn't agree more.I wouldn't know why everyone says he is overrated. I know one thing for sure, the guy would pack any club, any dance floor in any country at any time of the week.

Secodnly I don't understand why the hell people who don't like him so much even bother posting here, furthermore going to any of his events. Don't like him, don't like the music with a certain BPM, stay home and wait for someone you prefer dancing to, but don't go bashing around just because you listen to another music style or didn't like the fact that the club is overpacked every time he comes to town.

Ps. Oh and cut the pills crap. Come to Crobar at any saturday night when Boris, Murk, Tenaglia or someone esle is playing and you'll see as many crack heads as when Tiesto or any other trance Dj performs.

ok..

what makes those club amateurs that were "bumping and squeezing in through the crowd" any more amateurish than you????

dont dodge the question

Cause im not the one bumping and sqeezing in a pin hole spot to get to the other side. No excuse me no nothing, other then having someone clubbing for quite some time now would give the respect and say excuse me. Jamming, chanting, and having a good time and having someone bump into you and saying excuse me , your vibe will contniue on . Other then having people bump and sqeeze and no comment just thorws evertthing off. Its commen sense.

Victor Soto

Cause im not the one bumping and sqeezing in a pin hole spot to get to the other side. No excuse me no nothing, other then having someone clubbing for quite some time now would give the respect and say excuse me. Jamming, chanting, and having a good time and having someone bump into you and saying excuse me , your vibe will contniue on . Other then having people bump and sqeeze and no comment just thorws evertthing off. Its commen sense.

Victor Soto

i see what you are saying..but i would refer to them as being rude not amateurs.

Got Milk

Its been ages since i posted or have gone out for that matter. I would never attend a Tiesto show after the debacle he had in Avalon. This guy is the total definition of an over-rated, pompus asshole who made his way to the top w/ cheesy vocal productions made for the female gender. Get real people trance has been dead since 2000. Its five years later we all need to move on.

Coxy for St. Patty's Day. Ill be there for that.

dude c'mon now

lethal industry

flight 643

adagio for strings (3 of his biggest songs out right now)

EVERY SONG ON HIS PARADE OF ATHELETES CD... no female lyrics... just warm fuzzy synths and some hard beats... he's the man as far as producing goes, can't deny that... i think his sets are starting to slip a bit, but trance music is changing... trance might have died in your eyes but there were about 3000 people last night (a wednesday night, with work in the morning) that will tell you different my man...

as for the review... ehh tiesto was ok... played a lot of techy trance... had some good beats here and there... i fucking went crazy to universal nation.... love that track.. he went off around 3:30 which i wasnt too upset about... i had work this morning.. the place was packed.. too packed... more packed than morillo... the crowd was very diverse, which was a good thing... lots of guidos, weird euro types, suits.. just a good mix of everything... no beef, no attitude, just good times... im glad i went

dude c'mon now

lethal industry

flight 643

adagio for strings (3 of his biggest songs out right now)

Maybe I'm wrong but Lethal Industry and Flight 643 have been out for like 4 years. If those are his biggest tunes out right now then that should tell you about the quality of his stuff coming out lately....

Its been ages since i posted or have gone out for that matter. I would never attend a Tiesto show after the debacle he had in Avalon. This guy is the total definition of an over-rated, pompus asshole who made his way to the top w/ cheesy vocal productions made for the female gender. Get real people trance has been dead since 2000. Its five years later we all need to move on.

Coxy for St. Patty's Day. Ill be there for that.

i almost agree with this except that Trance is NOT yet out played..... just because it's not played in the biggest clubs. And besides there are many different varieties of trance by now . You just have to know your Dj, and follow where ever he plays( if he's in your area)

Maybe I'm wrong but Lethal Industry and Flight 643 have been out for like 4 years. If those are his biggest tunes out right now then that should tell you about the quality of his stuff coming out lately....

touche... but i phrased it wrong... 3 of his biggest songs "to date"... sorry for the mixup... any other comments?? lol

tiesto is the shit... there's no arguing it... i think it's pure comedy how people jumped off the trance bandwagon once it wasnt as popular in the city... funny...

touche... but i phrased it wrong... 3 of his biggest songs "to date"... sorry for the mixup... any other comments?? lol

tiesto is the shit... there's no arguing it... i think it's pure comedy how people jumped off the trance bandwagon once it wasnt as popular in the city... funny...

I always have a comment :) Never said I was off the trance bandwagon but have never been a big fan of Tiesto. Always thought his stuff was good but that there was better stuff out there. In any case, you're right about peeps bashing trance just 'cause its not as popular in the city as it used to be.

I saw Tiesto twice back in 2001/2002 and i thought he was just okay. His events are just way too crowded so I never attended any of them after that. Why be stuck in a club like a can of sardines when he really doesn't do it for me?! But it's been awhile...i'm willing to give it another shot so ill be checking him out at the WMC.

as much as ppl (even my close friends) bash on trance lovers, i love trance and i still do, but Ferry Corsten always hits my spot...no one else can. :wink:

It was freakin cold, but I went to this one at the last minute. Yeah, very crowded with mostly younger...he didn't play too long..just heard 2hrs of em...I had a good time...I agree that his CD's are better...just might buy DVDs, or get a copy somehow;-)