Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pics Of Serge DeVant @ Crobar

There is something i do not understand: the staring-at-the-dj-all-night-long

first time i encountered that was at twilo for carl cox. i don't get it, it's a dancefloor, people are supposed to dance and have fun.

since when the dj became the center of attention? and i would add that given the fact that you cannot really see the neat technical stuffs happening on the booth, this is just plain personality cult...T-I-R-E-D!

There is something i do not understand: the staring-at-the-dj-all-night-long

first time i encountered that was at twilo for carl cox. i don't get it, it's a dancefloor, people are supposed to dance and have fun.

since when the dj became the center of attention? and i would add that given the fact that you cannot really see the neat technical stuffs happening on the booth, this is just plain personality cult...T-I-R-E-D!

It looks like you really dont get it. People admire the dj becaues he selects the music and the music he selects hits the spot for them.

What is so complicated about that?

it is possibe that you dont understand becasue you never this way. I hope you do one day.

:vomit2:

also probably the fact that crobar was so packed u couldnt prob couldnt dance and when a good dj is performing like that its more like a concert sometimes . . . however i like to dance and admire the dj through out the course of the night for any night. . . its everyones personal preference

It looks like you really dont get it. People admire the dj becaues he selects the music and the music he selects hits the spot for them.

What is so complicated about that?

it is possibe that you dont understand becasue you never this way. I hope you do one day.

:vomit2:

well, i admire some people 'skills' but rarely people per se. equating someone's whole person to his ability to do something is wrong and dangerous if you ask me.

i also admire such or such dj's ability to create and do this or that; but just staring at some dj for hours looks like plain adulation. it seems those people need an idol to worship...i think it's lame.

as i said, it's not like you can see how he really mix records from there, you're just looking at some idol.

also, it's dance music and, in my opinion, more completly enjoyed when letting go of oneself dancing...i'm fine with a smal portion of 'starers', but too much just kills the party.

well, i admire some people 'skills' but rarely people per se. equating someone's whole person to his ability to do something is wrong and dangerous if you ask me.

i also admire such or such dj's ability to create and do this or that; but just staring at some dj for hours looks like plain adulation. it seems those people need an idol to worship...i think it's lame.

as i said, it's not like you can see how he really mix records from there, you're just looking at some idol.

also, it's dance music and, in my opinion, more completly enjoyed when letting go of oneself dancing...i'm fine with a smal portion of 'starers', but too much just kills the party.

man shut up.....it was a blast and staring at the dj? so when you go to say a comedy act u turn away from the comedian? or a concert u stare at the speakers rather than the band? come on no.....people stare and dance at the same time u dont ccatch a person just standing still eyes glued on the dj...get out more and stop making judgements based on pictures

man shut up.....

it's nice to see you can have a conversation without being rude...oh! wait hold on...

and I do go out and i've seen this staring phenomenon appear recently (2, 3 years). it's all part of the dj becoming a rockstar and leaving the underground...i guess people need idols, that's fine.

so when you go to say a comedy act u turn away from the comedian? or a concert u stare at the speakers rather than the band?

what on earth are you talking about? so when you go to an art-exhibit opening you don't watch the art but stare at the artist? stay on topic, those comparisons lead nowhere.

I just know the first time i saw the whole club turned towards the dj booth i thought it was creepy...

I agree with Backupqueen. I hate that shit when motherfuckers just want to look at the dj. A prime example is someone like tiesto. I dont see the point of paying to sit there and watch a dj spin records. Maybee its bc that loser makes all those corny poses. I dont know.

Those watchers defiantly kill the party. That shit seems to only happen at trance events.

OK

I have a great idea

Lets create a club with two sections:

Dancing room - Where people can dance :bounce:

Viewing room - Where people can look at the DJ :clap:

And whats all the hate in this thread? If people want to look at the, let them. Whatever turns them on as long as they are happy.

Heheheheh

:makeout: