Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP no longer @ Spirit!!!!

got this from his messageboard..he wants to work on producing mind blowing tracks = im too messy to do it right now...... :)

02-25-2005, 03:00 AM #1

Jonathan Peters

Administrator

Jonathan Peters is Offline:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to concentrate on producing.

I will just be doing events that will blow your mind.

Miss you already.

xxx JP

I think it has to do less with him wanting to produce than it does having to do with (if all the posts I've seen on various messageboards are true) the owner of Spirit being impossible to work with, including not paying his people. That club has so much potential but with management like that, it will continue to be a disaster. The only thing that saves that club now is the occasional Made Events party.

He has not been able to draw a strong weekly since way back in 2002. The last year at factory was weak. People only come out to his theme parties, I have a feeling people may forget about JP. There no longer is an SF so there can no longer be a JP, they were one and the same and there can not be one with out the other.

got this from his messageboard..he wants to work on producing mind blowing tracks = im too messy to do it right now...... :)

so I guess that must be the same reason that Jr. has issues with spinning/beatmatching/trainwrecking all the time now...or the 'roids!

Oh wait...you take offense to comments about Jr. I bet, but feel you can bash other djs... wreck!

http://nydailynews.com/front/story/284417p-243410c.html

Daily News article from today (2/25/05)

might have something to do with it.

I SERIOUSLY DOUBT the new owners of Sound Factory will even want to be remotely connected to JP. That's partially why Sound Factory was in trouble in the first place, the crowd JP was drawing. You can expect Erick Morillo to be there at least monthly, but don't count on JP to be anywhere near that building.

I SERIOUSLY DOUBT the new owners of Sound Factory will even want to be remotely connected to JP. That's partially why Sound Factory was in trouble in the first place, the crowd JP was drawing. You can expect Erick Morillo to be there at least monthly, but don't count on JP to be anywhere near that building.

100 % correct..

they do not want jp there.....most likely he will be floating around doing events...which is the best things for him

ny does not need a residency like that every week ...the fans of his..go out and get banged up ..they are younger...they do nto have the money to go out every week ..and if they do ..it is certainely not to spend money on the bar.....which is what the club is concerend with ....plus the abuse it puts on the body IMO keeps the older fans away ..besides the fact that that club is a horrible place...very dirty and disgustign .

i grew up on JP ...8 yrs of SF ..I am def a loyal fan ..but I could not even bring myself to go to that club...and it was always free and shit (not saying that to seem cool - just making the point)

hopefully he concentrate more on better productions....liek he had back in the day ...and makes guest appreances here and there..

we will be hosting the WMC party at Warehouse....so that will be the next time i hear him spin ...and it will be somethign i look forward to

stay tuned for more info

good for him.....people started to take him for granted especially after sf closed.......let him do what he has to do and spin once in a while i guranteee people will appreciate his music alot more when he's gone...too bad it takes somethin like this for people to wake up.. i know this is like the anit jp board but for holding down a 7 year residency then having a weekley residency @ 2 other clubs after that...how can you not give the man atleast LITTLE BIT OF CREDIT?...not saying you have to like him or his music but u should recognize his accomplishments

I think it has to do less with him wanting to produce than it does having to do with (if all the posts I've seen on various messageboards are true) the owner of Spirit being impossible to work with, including not paying his people. That club has so much potential but with management like that, it will continue to be a disaster. The only thing that saves that club now is the occasional Made Events party.

I completely agree. The staff working there are all assholes as well.

Spirit has been doing very well on JP's Sat night parties so I dunno what thats about.

Hes taking time for him...Shit...hes just a man. All those saturdays at SF then str8 to Spirit. He has a number one hit with All This Time....his eyes opened.

This is what he needed. Keep it fresh, keep it real, and more quality instead of Quantity.

I took a Hiatus from Clubbing after the SF Fiasco. Im very glad I did and IM glad this is happening.

For the JP haters...they love it. Hes out of his weekly routine so that alone will make them happy. Everyone wins lol.

I doubt very much the old SF space will want anything to do with JP. They dont want attention. I just see JP doing an every other month spot and blowing the roof off the place (wherever it may be!)

Tek

Well when u got drunk and drugged up assholes that cant control them selves all night what do you expect. I know most of the employes personally at spirit and they are from assholes.

Your saying when they were born they came out of an asshole? I'll agree