Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Quality of women in the scene

that's awful, but it does go both ways and i dont think it's restricted to the club scene...when you say 'shady', do you mean that they have hidden agendas? or are you talking about drug use? or both?

it is a shame, but the best thing is to be upfront, honest, and if it doesnt work then move on...you have no idea how many times I've met people, guys are girls, who are all friendly but have there own hidden agendas, everyone is out for themselves...and when things are goin bad for them, THEY COME RUNNING BACK, and that's when you have the upper hand.

Dont let it get you down, it's the way of the wolrd...they are quality people out there, you just gotta keep tryin ;)

yeah i def dont let it get me down because im a real good judge of character and can tell if someone is trying to play me before i let myself give a shit...good call yeah its drugs and hidden agendas ..mostly drugs...im not blaming the drugs because i know plenty of good honest people who use drugs..its just certain people get mad shady when there caught up in drugs

This is a great topic that's up for debate here!! First off I think that clubs and bars are the worst places to meet quality women. It took me awhile to figure this out because I enjoy the scene too much and didn't want to believe it at first. Now I do though. Most girls that go to clubs or bars are either: teases, gold diggers, junkies, or whores. Many are confused as well. A majority of these girls I find listen to hip hop. Now not all girls fall into these categories, but it seems like a majority do though. There are some girls that are into the scene and enjoy EDM and have respect for themselves, but the percentages are very low. I know women in the city have attitude, but it comes with the territory so it doesn't bother me. My approach when going out in the city is I go out w/my boys to a club to listen to a particular dj and enjoy the scene, vibe, along with the music. I don't prioritize looking for a quality person when I go out. Nor do I make it a priority to "hook up" either. If it happens it happens and if it doesn't I still enjoyed myself. It's really tough to hold a conversation w/someone at club when you can barely hear yourself think!!

I've rarely seen people that have met at clubs turn into boyfriend and girlfriend and eventually have a meaningful relationship of many years. A friend of mine did, but it's usually not the norm. I'd like to meet someone in the scene who's cool and down to earth and enjoys dancing and EDM that I could introduce to my folks, but I'm realistic and know it's usually a long shot!! Most people at clubs are shady, both men and women. If you meet someone that you're really attracted to at a club and you want pursue something with them then I'd say go with your gut instinct before you decide to date that person. The bottom line is if your objective is to find a gf or bf then searching for one in a club is the absolute worst place to begin your search!! I'd recommend going elsewhere like say start at a church, university, gym, or try networking through your friends. Try new hobbies and activities as well. People usually go to clubs to let loose, dance, and listen to music NOT to look for gf's or future wives!!

wow.,. where to start? first off, as an intelligent decent looking girl who goes out to DANCE, most guys in the scene want ONE THING, and one thing only. I mean, c'mon seriously, that shit is soo annoying.,. let me buy u a few drinks, let me stick my tongue in ur mouth, and let me ask you to come home with me. Puh-Lease.,. no wonder females have attitudes in clubs. As for me, I know I have an attitude towards some guys because that's been my experience in the past. I'm not an all-out bitch,people can vouch for me and if you show me some respect, you will recieve it in return, but unfortunately for the good guys out there who are few and far between, the clubs these days seem to be swarming with men who have no respect for women. At the same time, there are tons of chicken head bitches out there who dont respect themselves and all they want are the free drinks and the lays afterwards.,. looking for someone in th scene is hard, theres too much static to filter through.,.. it would be great to meet a person you can take home to the parents and shit, but look at the scene, where are those people? i havent found one yet...

This is a great topic that's up for debate here!! First off I think that clubs and bars are the worst places to meet quality women. It took me awhile to figure this out because I enjoy the scene too much and didn't want to believe it at first. Now I do though. Most girls that go to clubs or bars are either: teases, gold diggers, junkies, or whores. Many are confused as well. A majority of these girls I find listen to hip hop. Now not all girls fall into these categories, but it seems like a majority do though. There are some girls that are into the scene and enjoy EDM and have respect for themselves, but the percentages are very low. I know women in the city have attitude, but it comes with the territory so it doesn't bother me. My approach when going out in the city is I go out w/my boys to a club to listen to a particular dj and enjoy the scene, vibe, along with the music. I don't prioritize looking for a quality person when I go out. Nor do I make it a priority to "hook up" either. If it happens it happens and if it doesn't I still enjoyed myself. It's really tough to hold a conversation w/someone at club when you can barely hear yourself think!!

I've rarely seen people that have met at clubs turn into boyfriend and girlfriend and eventually have a meaningful relationship of many years. A friend of mine did, but it's usually not the norm. I'd like to meet someone in the scene who's cool and down to earth and enjoys dancing and EDM that I could introduce to my folks, but I'm realistic and know it's usually a long shot!! Most people at clubs are shady, both men and women. If you meet someone that you're really attracted to at a club and you want pursue something with them then I'd say go with your gut instinct before you decide to date that person. The bottom line is if your objective is to find a gf or bf then searching for one in a club is the absolute worst place to begin your search!! I'd recommend going elsewhere like say start at a church, university, gym, or try networking through your friends. Try new hobbies and activities as well. People usually go to clubs to let loose, dance, and listen to music NOT to look for gf's or future wives!!

I have the exact same feeling. I knew from the moment I started clubbing it's not a place to look for girls. Too many "shady" characters.

My approach when going out in the city is I go out w/my boys to a club to listen to a particular dj and enjoy the scene, vibe, along with the music. I don't prioritize looking for a quality person when I go out. Nor do I make it a priority to "hook up" either. If it happens it happens and if it doesn't I still enjoyed myself. It's really tough to hold a conversation w/someone at club when you can barely hear yourself think!!

I think this is definitely the right approach to take. If you go out trying to meet someone there's a 99% chance you're going to be dissappointed or hook up with some crackhead (guy or girl), which isn't going to leave you feeling all that great anyway. If you just go out to have fun and you happen to meet someone cool, all the better :)

awww is someone having girl troubles? do making comments like this on a messageboard make u feel better about not getting any ass?

that was terrible...not only was it corny and immature it wasnt the slightest bit funny...atleast come up with something remotely humorous when u try to act cool....

you're a pathetic loser who should reconsider life........grow up

I thought it was you. If you were not at lot61 on 2/19, then I apologize. Let me make it up to you over Belinis at Cipriani. What is your hourly rate?

028.jpg

it still amazes me that every time i meet a cool chick it is always on some random night that i would least expect it to happen. so like others have said just go out and enjoy the music and chillin with your friends, and if you happen to meet someone cool it'll just be an added bonus, but don't go with high expectations cause most likely you'll just end up disappointing yourself.

speaking of meeting people in other places, i forget where i read this, but it said that barnes and noble was the number one singles scene for 25 and over peeps. so if you need any books don't buy em online.

it still amazes me that every time i meet a cool chick it is always on some random night that i would least expect it to happen. so like others have said just go out and enjoy the music and chillin with your friends, and if you happen to meet someone cool it'll just be an added bonus, but don't go with high expectations cause most likely you'll just end up disappointing yourself.

speaking of meeting people in other places, i forget where i read this, but it said that barnes and noble was the number one singles scene for 25 and over peeps. so if you need any books don't buy em online.

that is much better than your original response...if you set your expectations too high you, are bound for failure...if its gonna happen, its gonna happen but to shut out all females or males altogether is a negative attitude that will get you absolutely no where.

BTW, have you been to a B & N ? Sorry but I'm not into Indians or Asians...maybe i'm limiting myself

yea i can't say that i would associate b&n with a singles scene. maybe im going to the wrong ones.

so which b&n is the jumpoff, anyone?

that is much better than your original response...if you set your expectations too high you, are bound for failure...if its gonna happen, its gonna happen but to shut out all females or males altogether is a negative attitude that will get you absolutely no where.

BTW, have you been to a B & N ? Sorry but I'm not into Indians or Asians...maybe i'm limiting myself

wow.. this is a bash session on men and woman.. lol.... i dont sterotype.. i just think that 90% of the population sux... men and woman..... so here is my problem.. everyone on here is saying that u cant find a boyfriend or girlfriend in the club scence and i get so frustrated w/that statement....when u are looking to start a relationship w/someone arent' u looking for someone who enjoys the same things as u.. i would rather be w/a guy who is going to come to the club w/me and get excited that dj so and so is spinning.. did u ever see someone who is not in the scene face expression when u started talking about jp.. dt.. tiesto..etc.. they look at u like ur nutz.. lol.. i dont know thats just my opinion.. so if u cant meet people in clubs then where do u meet someone interested in the same things u are? :dj:

on the clubplanet message boards! DUHHHH.... lol.,. had to do it...

well, i mean for me, i have yet to find someone whos really worthy in the scene.,. theres too many people going out to get laid or fucked up... for a while it was hard for me to consider dating people who didnt really get me (because, lets face it, music is my drug of choice and i definately need my dose here and there), but there are a lot of great people out there who just dont get it...

yea goign out with someone in the scene has its ups.,. but, i mean, do u know how much it sucks to be having a wonderful time listening to ur favorite dj and then turn around and see ur ex standing over you? or running into an ex with their new "someone"? the drama that ensues makes it not really worth the while.,..

have enought people in ur life who understand uand the way that music moves u in order to be happy with that... dont need my whoever there... just go out, have fun, dance the night away with people who do get that side of you... and you never know, maybe one of them might turn into something more.,.

ive definately learned that the more you look, the more you are going to be disappointed... not only that, it seems like, fo rme at leadt, when i meet someone when im looking for someone, i always end up settling... and then when you least expect it something will happen

dont give up.,. but dont waste your time looking.... just have fun man

wow.. this is a bash session on men and woman.. lol.... i dont sterotype.. i just think that 90% of the population sux... men and woman..... so here is my problem.. everyone on here is saying that u cant find a boyfriend or girlfriend in the club scence and i get so frustrated w/that statement....when u are looking to start a relationship w/someone arent' u looking for someone who enjoys the same things as u.. i would rather be w/a guy who is going to come to the club w/me and get excited that dj so and so is spinning.. did u ever see someone who is not in the scene face expression when u started talking about jp.. dt.. tiesto..etc.. they look at u like ur nutz.. lol.. i dont know thats just my opinion.. so if u cant meet people in clubs then where do u meet someone interested in the same things u are? :dj:

Absolutely!!! I cant imagine not being with someone who has the same interests as I do...and yes, I do other tings as well, for example, i live in the gym, i'm an avid snowboarder, etc. But PEOPLE SUCK, esp. in the NY metropolitan area.

And quite frankly, I am sick of guys saying that 'girls in the scene are crackheads" Well, isnt thst the pot callin the kettle black...

I'll give you a perfect example, i meet a guy, he says he's not interested b/c he's 'no longer in the scene' and he doesnt want anything to do with girls who do drugs...OK, I am fine with that, your decision. Well, mothafucka shows up mysteriously at Spirit with HIS BOSS and is buggin me, tryin to find out where he can score. Can you say '2-faced, shady hypocrite'????

My point is, people are liars, and I totally understand what that guy meant when he said 'shady'. People are scum and will say anything to impress you or blow you off and that goes both both sexes and all venues.

This is very true. Sometimes you go to a club and see that it's packed and you say to yourself "man I'm going to hook up". Then you go inside and what happens is you don't. Then there are times where a club isn't that packed and it's a random night and it seems to the nakid eye to be an "offnight" and somehow you hook up. It's just the way it works. Your just NOT going to "hook up" everytime you go out. I say go out and enjoy the scene,music, and vibe then let the pieces fall where they may. I'd also recommend to dance your butt off if that what it takes to enjoy yourself!!

hahaha, my brother used to hang out at B & N all the time and he is quite the pimp...although from what I've seen there I think "25 and over" was a clutch part of that finding

Come on now, when do girls ever book tables at the vip section of a club or lounge and bring guys and pay for? ....that's just a exemple...

no - we book tables with our boy- friends and split the cost...the way it should be

and believe me, not many girls go around beggin for drinks, and if you come across one who does, then a red light should go off for you guys however, u think you're gonna score and take the bait like a dumb halibut

believe me, there have been times that i say 'no thanks' cause I dont want a guy chasin me around all night tryin to shove his tongue in my mouth cause he bought me a drink...rather not deal with it

true...the guy: girl ratio definitely sucks for guys, but this little trend isn't so great for girls either. Some of us are actually there for the music but half the time we are getting hit on by every skeevy guy in the place b/c they assume we are just there to get guys, free drinks, etc.

I totally agree......I go to the clubs to dance to some good music, hang out with my friends and just have a good time. Usually when a guy approaches me I get some lame line and he is usually just trying to get in my pants.

I must agree on how girls have that chip on their shoulder that everyone should bend down but we all aren't like that.

Ideally most folks here would like to go out w/someone who's into the scene that enjoys the same type of music that you do as well as the same interests, but the reality is it rarely happens. When's the last time that someone here has had a meaningful relationship w/someone in the scene? Why do some girls here want to date people in the scene when the perception is that all guys at clubs are sleaze bags? Many female posters here have complained over and over that they can't stand a guy coming up to them at club, well then want do you want men to do? To leave you alone and never come up to you? Women aren't going to come up to men and ask them to dance. Most guys aren't going to dance by themselves all night and also many guys that go out and act shady aren't really into the scene to begin with anyways. Ladies, guys aren't going to stop coming up to you when you go out? It's going to keep happening, but you have the right to diss them or tell them to "beat it" if your not into them. If you really want to date someone in the scene I'd recommend to maintain a positive attitude in that you'll find someone that's like you eventually who's cool and a good person. From my experiences thus far I'd have to say that I've met some girls that have been cool and many shady, but you can say the same for guys too. Many people lie and others tell the truth, but if you really like the scene then you will either tolerate the people that are part of it or you can look elsewhere and see where that takes you. There's also a plethora of dating services via the internet as well. It's not my cup of tea, but some may try that. The bottom line is that the choice is yours.

Absolutely!!! I cant imagine not being with someone who has the same interests as I do...and yes, I do other tings as well, for example, i live in the gym, i'm an avid snowboarder, etc. But PEOPLE SUCK, esp. in the NY metropolitan area.

And quite frankly, I am sick of guys saying that 'girls in the scene are crackheads" Well, isnt thst the pot callin the kettle black...

I'll give you a perfect example, i meet a guy, he says he's not interested b/c he's 'no longer in the scene' and he doesnt want anything to do with girls who do drugs...OK, I am fine with that, your decision. Well, mothafucka shows up mysteriously at Spirit with HIS BOSS and is buggin me, tryin to find out where he can score. Can you say '2-faced, shady hypocrite'????

My point is, people are liars, and I totally understand what that guy meant when he said 'shady'. People are scum and will say anything to impress you or blow you off and that goes both both sexes and all venues.

Ideally most folks here would like to go out w/someone who's into the scene that enjoys the same type of music that you do as well as the same interests, but the reality is it rarely happens. When's the last time that someone here has had a meaningful relationship w/someone in the scene? Why do some girls here want to date people in the scene when the perception is that all guys at clubs are sleaze bags? Many female posters here have complained over and over that they can't stand a guy coming up to them at club, well then want do you want men to do? To leave you alone and never come up to you? Women aren't going to come up to men and ask them to dance. Most guys aren't going to dance by themselves all night and also many guys that go out and act shady aren't really into the scene to begin with anyways. Ladies, guys aren't going to stop coming up to you when you go out? It's going to keep happening, but you have the right to diss them or tell them to "beat it" if your not into them. If you really want to date someone in the scene I'd recommend to maintain a positive attitude in that you'll find someone that's like you eventually who's cool and a good person. From my experiences thus far I'd have to say that I've met some girls that have been cool and many shady, but you can say the same for guys too. Many people lie and others tell the truth, but if you really like the scene then you will either tolerate the people that are part of it or you can look elsewhere and see where that takes. There's also a plethora of dating services via the internet as well. It's not my cup of tea, but some may try that. The bottom line is that the choice is yours.

:clap2:

Well said, much better than your original post and I couldnt agree with you more

r u from vinyl?

Among clubs/parties ive been a part of yes indeed.

As for this topic im gonna say if you have stereotypes abotu teh opposite sex in the club scene then already your in the wrong frame of mind. Perfect example is that i have met so many cool girls in the scene and i mean real good people and frineds who are female and are not the stereotypical "GIRL IN CLUB". Now they and i might not have gotten to a dating level but that doesnt mean there not good people and some of them are single as well. And also like i said b4 i met my current g/f at a club and while she doesnt necessarily LOVE HOUSE MUSIC, she knows how much i do and knows how much i love to dance so she goes with me as much as she can and has a good time except 2 times when i just couldnt get off the floor for 1min to sit with her lol. So i think if your planning on meeting someone IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Let it all come to you and then lets have a dance on the floor.

all the guys i've dated i met in "the scene"...cept the last one...

i don't know... i would love to meet someone who carries the same passion for music, enjoys meeting new people, engaging in conversation...

well to put it short, loves "the scene" as much as i do.

although they are my ex's, i believe the break-ups would have happened even if i did not meet them in a club... not all cheating, selfish, abandoning assholes go to clubs. you will find them everywhere..... with age it will be less frequent, but i will always have the urge to meet new people and discuss mine and their passions.

If i was single iw ould be private messaging ya,lol. :makeout: