Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Once upon a time...there was a place called MARSBAR!!!!

digitalphoenix

Yeah, if you know this one...

U KNOW!!!!!!!! cool.gif

Town & Country Mall,... Old Skool Kendall, ...

the bridge was not even there! :bounce:

152 Street was BRAND NEW, Braddock was 1 year old....

Right after watching "the game" @ Hooters, (UM RAWKS BITCHES!!!)

nothing betta than a few cold beers and wings...

....ok,

........ curly fries with cheese too,

geez....

do u have ta take dat outta me??

...rolleyes.gif:hoparound

YO!

Keep reading.........................................................THERE"S MORE!!!

>>>>>>>>

Right when you felt nice & wanted good "The Church" or "Institute" sounds

but didnt wanna drive all the way to the beach for it...

Typical heard:

House of Pain, The Smiths, The Cure, Bjork, Revolting Cocks, Prodigy....

W00T??? :drunk:

....that was heaven...

'Berlin' still rings in my head from time to time. :devil:

Nope. High typing never caught up with me~ I'd type like Lamont!:laugh:

I'm a local....true but rare,

native MIA guy with many deep roots bruva! :bounce::pint:

Just like the funk soul bruva, check it out now!

I remember Mars Bar...good money I'll do anthing for you, god money just tell me what you want me to (fuck yeah) no nonsense, best music and scarily non-business oriented at all...you could go on any given night to find the place packed from wall to wall or completely empty...random as fuck, I know my friends and I loved that place, it was "the" place to go, without any doubt...Jesus and Mary Chain, NIN, Ministry, Sugarcubes, Ramones, Smiths...I can go on and one (no please, shut the fuck up ;) right?) but yes, if you lived you feel it and miss it, it had a very special vibe, they where other times...the musical experience was more naive, in fact all pre-cobain alternative music fan was thirsty to get this music, to go to the shows...it was a music industry boom and we were the fuel.

No cover...plenty of space to dance, fairly good sound system (considering the year and the grunginess of the place) a killer bar...our thing was jaegermeisters with corona chasers, and danced our asses off...some of the dancing was mellow (kinda trancy) and there was big beat signs here and there, lots of industrial music was played, which how I was introduced to electronic music, miami bass had the place hip-hop would today, you heard it when driving or puffing the magic dragon but never on the dancehalls (in my case) I was Mars Bar or reggae at Hungry Sailor (with 1 dime pitchers of beer)

Anywhoo, what was I yapping aboot? :biggrin:

I remember Mars Bar...good money I'll do anthing for you, god money just tell me what you want me to (fuck yeah) no nonsense, best music and scarily non-business oriented at all...you could go on any given night to find the place packed from wall to wall or completely empty...random as fuck, I know my friends and I loved that place, it was "the" place to go, without any doubt...Jesus and Mary Chain, NIN, Ministry, Sugarcubes, Ramones, Smiths...I can go on and one (no please, shut the fuck up ;) right?) but yes, if you lived you feel it and miss it, it had a very special vibe, they where other times...the musical experience was more naive, in fact all pre-cobain alternative music fan was thirsty to get this music, to go to the shows...it was a music industry boom and we were the fuel.

No cover...plenty of space to dance, fairly good sound system (considering the year and the grunginess of the place) a killer bar...our thing was jaegermeisters with corona chasers, and danced our asses off...some of the dancing was mellow (kinda trancy) and there was big beat signs here and there, lots of industrial music was played, which how I was introduced to electronic music, miami bass had the place hip-hop would today, you heard it when driving or puffing the magic dragon but never on the dancehalls (in my case) I was Mars Bar or reggae at Hungry Sailor (with 1 dime pitchers of beer)

Anywhoo, what was I yapping aboot? :biggrin:

try saying that a little faster!! & stick ur finger in ur right ear & hopping on one leg

Guest onisakura

I remember marsbar too.....i never got to go though. Too young. I DID get to go to Warsaw. :D I remember when Braddock opened.....i was at WR Thomas.

shit u want old school Town & Country...try Skylite Express right across from where Fat cats used to be(except fat kats was quit a few years later) i saw LL cool J sing(rap ---whatever) rock the bells..

hell yeah---Skylite (damn!!!)

i remember marsbar as more of a techno kind or crowd somewhat...

I remember Mars Bar...good money I'll do anthing for you, god money just tell me what you want me to (fuck yeah) no nonsense, best music and scarily non-business oriented at all...you could go on any given night to find the place packed from wall to wall or completely empty...random as fuck, I know my friends and I loved that place, it was "the" place to go, without any doubt...Jesus and Mary Chain, NIN, Ministry, Sugarcubes, Ramones, Smiths...I can go on and one (no please, shut the fuck up wink.gif right?) but yes, if you lived you feel it and miss it, it had a very special vibe, they where other times...the musical experience was more naive, in fact all pre-cobain alternative music fan was thirsty to get this music, to go to the shows...it was a music industry boom and we were the fuel.

Anywhoo, what was I yapping aboot? : )

That's it Funketero!*

Later the solid black steel cages were built custom around the bars....:devil:

Ohhhh, Hungry Sailor saw this mon irie many-a-times...JAH!

It's now SandBar and not sure what it was called before,

but right across, there's a new bar called Jaguar....

nice joint for a drink & appetizers, great bar, or good ceviche.

*Another true but proven example..........................the world IS small...

even after years ago... biggrin.gif

:idea:

ANOTHER DP + FUNK, TRUE,... REALITY POST..........bitchez! :bounce:smile.gif

:bounce::pint: I use to freakin live at Marsbar 8-10pm Saturday open bar and for a while they let you stack the drinks, ouch nasty hangovers, they let you order 4 drinks and tip a $1 LOL...me and 5 buddies by 950pm or so would still have our table with 30 drinks or so which were somewhat watered down but who cared half of it was liquor and we'd shug all those drinks before 10pm then at 10:01 they would come around and start cleaning the outside tables LOL the music was excellent combination of progressive, alternative, industry a little techno, old school bass....ahhh many many memories...

shit u want old school Town & Country...try Skylite Express right across from where Fat cats used to be(except fat kats was quit a few years later) i saw LL cool J sing(rap ---whatever) rock the bells..

I went to Skylite - saw Rob Base & MC Lucious there...LIVE...

later it was called Silver Dome or something like that*

*NOT to be confused with THE DOME,...much later called a little place known as

SHADOW LOUNGE. :pint:

• 18 years later...