Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where do you work?

Thats awesome. :) I always laugh to myself thinking that my kids have NO IDEA what I'm capable of on the weekends... If they could only see me on a sunday morn around 5am I think they'd be in shock. Then again I guess it all depends on what age you work with. but I work with kids that go into the city themselves and party just as much as the next guy. i'm waiting for the day i actually turn and see one of them next to me in a club. that moment will be priceless.:laugh:

Hahaha, I used to think the same thing when I worked as a tutor at an elementary school during college. The worst thing was that the school, the kid's houses, my house and the bars where all in the same neighborhood...I was always paranoid about bumping into kids/parents when I was in bad shape, until I saw one of the teachers at the bar.

they arent stuck in front of a computer silly

They can post from home. I was just wondering if we had any on here. And being I work in a power plant. We have computer terminals around the plant. Plus I do have an office. We live in a digital world and I do not do maintenance. I control the equipment. Which much of its controls are computerized. So I have the opertunity to post from time to time. Not nearly as often as when I had an office job. But I still poke in from time to time.

im a sr tech in a psychiatric emergency room... it's a fancy schmancy title which really means i get to beat up the mentally disturbed all day.. im only using this as a stepping stone into something else in the medical field... possibly physicians assistant, phsyical therapist or just nursing... who knows.. they're paying for all my classes so im just relaxing for a bit and taking all the prereq's on their dime... it's a sweet deal for now..

Thanks i appriciate your comment! Yes i hear stories that i cant stomach every day. but i am lucky though to be able to leave it at work. all the ppl around me outside of work always comment on how i handle it. it was tough in the begining but i became hardened to it all. i just look at the end result when most of my clients see the light at the end of the tunnel and turn there life around. Thats what keeps me goin. other wise it would burn me out. and yes i deal face to face with the entire family. i over see 12 families at this time every week! thanks again!

Thanks i appriciate your comment! Yes i hear stories that i cant stomach every day. but i am lucky though to be able to leave it at work. all the ppl around me outside of work always comment on how i handle it. it was tough in the begining but i became hardened to it all. i just look at the end result when most of my clients see the light at the end of the tunnel and turn there life around. Thats what keeps me goin. other wise it would burn me out. and yes i deal face to face with the entire family. i over see 12 families at this time every week! thanks again!

i feel your pain... i also hear terrible, terrible stories that you couldn't even make up... girls who have have been sexually abused by fathers and the fathers friends at the age of 6 up until 17 thinking that it's normal for fathers to be having sex with their daughters.. mothers using their babies as ashtrays.. just terrible repugnant shit.. but it kinda makes you look at life differently and realize things arent so bad... social work is a tough field and you just gotta watch that you dont get jaded.. it happens a lot in this field..

Guest onisakura

Im a title examiner for a pretty large real estate law firm here in FL but i'll be looking for something in NYC in the next few months. Hopefully get in as an examiner at one of the Title Underwriters or ill just go back to being a real estate legal assistant.

i feel your pain... i also hear terrible, terrible stories that you couldn't even make up... girls who have have been sexually abused by fathers and the fathers friends at the age of 6 up until 17 thinking that it's normal for fathers to be having sex with their daughters.. mothers using their babies as ashtrays.. just terrible repugnant shit.. but it kinda makes you look at life differently and realize things arent so bad... social work is a tough field and you just gotta watch that you dont get jaded.. it happens a lot in this field..

Not to make this a sad and painful thread for hurt, innocent children, but one thought i have to share is this ...

It kills me that no one ever thinks to put up these children for adoption. People are out there everyday spending MILLIONS on trying to get themselves prego when there is a perfect, healthy, and lovable child waiting for a home. I think these pregnancy doctors should just be Adoption referal clinics and not some mad scientist freak show.

and again much respect to all of you who are out there really trying to make a difference! If i see ya at a party, first shot is on me.. :pint: