Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where are the Carl Cox Reviews???

I'll copy a small review I wrote on rhythmism:

I really wasn't feeling the first hour or so... A lot of tracks that weren't interesting and lacked cohesion. After that though, I felt it was very good. That soundsystem was used and abused last night. Was crowded initially, but got very comfortable a few hours later. While I happen to like Coxy on the mic, I thought he overdid it last night. Crowd was typical Crobar fair although I have to say they were enjoying themselves and having fun. Mark Lewis had a few cool tracks here & there but I wasn't a fan of the set overall. I'd say Carl's set was a lot better than the one at Avalon last year, but not as good as the one in Centro... Overall I'd give the night 8/10.

Also Lee stopped by after Canal Room. He said it was a lot of fun and very crowded. So I guess everyone wins last night!

Also in the house:

Marco Carola

JP

recovering.. my body feels like j-e-l-l-o

i almost lost it when he dropped bllie jean.. i had an awesome time seeing all my party people. couldnt of been much of a better night except no polski's. the 18+ rule wasnt bad as many apparently didnt come cuz it was thursday.

carl sound whiter than me on the mic.. lol

I'll copy a small review I wrote on rhythmism:

I really wasn't feeling the first hour or so... A lot of tracks that weren't interesting and lacked cohesion. After that though, I felt it was very good. That soundsystem was used and abused last night. Was crowded initially, but got very comfortable a few hours later. While I happen to like Coxy on the mic, I thought he overdid it last night. Crowd was typical Crobar fair although I have to say they were enjoying themselves and having fun. Mark Lewis had a few cool tracks here & there but I wasn't a fan of the set overall. I'd say Carl's set was a lot better than the one at Avalon last year, but not as good as the one in Centro... Overall I'd give the night 8/10.

Also Lee stopped by after Canal Room. He said it was a lot of fun and very crowded. So I guess everyone wins last night!

Also in the house:

Marco Carola

JP

damn this is exactly what i was thinking and since i cant think right now...good review, i agree

well.,. wow.,. my body hates me right now, but dammit! i just couldn't leave! cox's set was unlike any ive heard from him before.,. completely new york.,. from hard-ass tech house to tribal, he did it all.,. the begnining was a little akward, but i mean, hey man, he had to feel the crowd out.,. but i have no complaints, how can i? i was on the dance floor bustin my ass all night and having a ball if i might say so myself.,.

....I HAD A BLAST...and I LOOOOVVVEEE CROBAR! The club itself is soooo nice! The staff was mega friendly....

UNBELIEVABLE Lighting!!! Lazers....strobes...projection screens....the whole nine...I loved it! The decorations were phenominal...MASSIVE Props everywhere...the dnacefloor is FREAKIN HUGGGGGGEEEEE!!!! it was like palladium size dancefloor...I WAS SHOCKED!

The crowd was VERY good too....everyone was dancing...its seemed like it was the ARC/Vinyl crowd....I saw soooo many people that I hadnt seen since Vinyl days... it was great!...oh and people always made room for everyone to dance, very respectful... It wasnt HOT inside at all...perfect temperature...

the side room was lots of fun too....the DJ was really good...I danced my butt off! :)

CARL COX WAS AWESOME!!!! His set totally ruled.... Loved every minute of it...he is honestly one of the greatest Techno DJs ever!

Only think that sucked is that I drank wayyyy too much and I was so sick this morning...

the drinks ARE strong @ crobar....unfortunately I was so drunk that my boyfriend told me he had to hold me up at points of the night cuz I was tipping over.... :spin: sucks.... sorry if I didnt say hi to anyone....I dont even remember seeing one of my friends there last night.... :(

as usual, carl did not let me down. Dropped so many hot tracks. Billie jean, whitestrips, sick bass sample from the humpty dance but the one track that I am madly in love with and have no idea who it is or anything is that hard track that samples justin timberlake "It feels like something's heatin up, can I leave with you?" If anyone knows the name of this track please please please help me out. I'm Just happy I get to see him 2 times next week as well. MUCH LOVE TO COXY!!! :dj: