Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is DERRICK CARTER really gonna play at CROBAR on april 8th

Last time I went to WMC was in 2002. I went to the Radio-One party at Nikki Beach. It was a free party. Pete Tong was spinning, so was DJ Dan, and so was mofo Derrick Carter. To tell you the truth I really hadn't heard him spin before. His beats we so pure and unadulterated and funky, nice vocals too!(smooth r&b voices if you will). And it was tight. I go walking to the bathroom a short time after he got done spinning. And guess whose big black ass walks out of the bathroom, it mofo derrick carter, I gave him a big handshake, said nice set, and continued success on an already succesful career. I bought one of his CD's after that. One titled Square Dancing in a round house...or something like that it was aieght....

house fans know that derrick is possibly the very best at his style.

crobar is a blessing to nyc clubbing & they are slowly signing up every important dj. bringing in derrick is huge, plus yousef is on the bill, have heard hes good with the uk hard house but never heard him.

yousef does appear in some top 10-20 dj polls so he must have something going on.

in the last 3 weeks ive heard awesome sets from DT, coxy & roger s at crobar.

and coming up: morales, pvd, sander.

hoping crobar also books oakey again, deep dish again, lawler again. DT again.

hoping hernan comes back too.

:eek: :eek: BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST DJ IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW

Just wish it wasnt at Crobar which is the worst club in NYC imo

derrick's sounds are too organic for that wack ass system, and the crowd that goes to see him isnt really a crobar crowd

Yousef will compliment Derrick Carter VERY well....he rarely plays the states and is a GOD, again GOD, in England. He won't spin hard house...he'll spin vocal funky house. They style we're all used to.

Trust me, get their for Yousef, you will not be dissapointed. I am going to see him as I perfer him over (gasp) Derrick.

I heard Yousef open up for Morillo at one of his Subliminal parties at Pacha a couple of years ago, and it was probably my best ever clubbing night. Awesome stuff. Saw him again at one of his Circus nights in Liverpool aswell later that year and had a blast.

Unfortunately I am heading back to the UK for a few weeks, so will miss all the fun and games, but would heartily recommend to all. Morillo would be good, but have a feeling it may turn into a bit of a mare at Spirit due to overcrowding. This may be a better alternative.

Anyway, enjoy if any of you go.............

Anyone who like dark, dirty or tribal house......STAY AWAY!

You're not gonna find any of that here.

Just smooth, uplifiting house and pounding basslines that will put a smile on you and keep you dancing all night long! :party:

Let me add avalon head swayers also to that list freak.

:half:

I think cynstam misunderstood what I meant. A perfectly wasted dig against you and she blew it. And cynstam you never met me and my cans.

:half:

I know exactly whaht you wuz takin about freak...besides, u know how I luff them headsh8krs

I'm afraid of of big cans, they gross me out :hey:...maybe b/c i'm use to my midget cans for my midget body