Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha and Digweed-----wow

just walking in at 8 and will write a real review later, but they tore Crobar in half and the crowd was there for it. 5-7am was some of the darkest shit I've heard in a long time, I look at my decks and realize that they are such a way of the past, I WANT to learn Ableton!!!!

holy crap indeed! what a fantastic set, they got better, tighter, and darker as the morning came on.

cool to be able to SEE them, 4 arms workin - could never see much at twilo. and high fivin', huggin', smilin', sasha showing john the ableton.

great crowd, too, dancefloor crowded (6:30 am balloon drop!) and bouncing till the very end of mr brightside. and i don't know, another night of no complaints about crobar.

permagrin today...

Twilo all over again?

Seems like I should have been there rather than hanging out with high school mall rats at the Webster Hall :splat:

You should have, I thought this was probably their best set together (that I've seen) since Twilo.

dude u got any sort of tracklisting..

you seem to be in the music-know..

don't you read nigga...

Off the hook. Sasha is getting better and better with Ableton. Multiple tracks going at once, on the fly remixing, the works. Really hard to ID many tracks. Killer set by Sasha and Digweed.

dude u got any sort of tracklisting..

you seem to be in the music-know..

To be honest, there were under a handful of tracks I recognized. That's one of the things about Ableton that adds to the show. Around 3:30 or so Sasha and Digweed started playing together, not taking turns, both going at once. Digweed would have a track on, and Sasha would come in with Ableton, dropping elements of other tracks. There were periods in the night where it seemed like 4-5 tracks were playing out of the channels, tracks were time-stretched/compressed, bits and pieces of some tracks would flow into the main track; it makes it hard to recognize anything except other than the fact that it's good fuckin music.. It was very impressive technically. I'm definitely interested in seeing firsthand what Ableton can do now.

I would say 90% of what they play is unreleased and 40% of that stays unreleased, esp what Digweed plays.

That's another thing, guys like Sasha and Digweed don't have to spend a fortune on records, they have promos, edits, unreleased material sent to them on a daily basis, especially Digweed being a radio host. Sasha has a team of people that work with him to screen tracks because he would not be able to keep up with all the new material he has access to.

I'm completely in awe. I've never heard anything like that before. Seriously like 4-5 tracks going at once, 2 dj's just feeding each other loops and the place going absolutely nuts til 7am. It was really crazy. I've seen each do their thing alone, but together, they are absolutely nuts.

To be honest, there were under a handful of tracks I recognized. That's one of the things about Ableton that adds to the show. Around 3:30 or so Sasha and Digweed started playing together, not taking turns, both going at once. Digweed would have a track on, and Sasha would come in with Ableton, dropping elements of other tracks. There were periods in the night where it seemed like 4-5 tracks were playing out of the channels, tracks were time-stretched/compressed, bits and pieces of some tracks would flow into the main track; it makes it hard to recognize anything except other than the fact that it's good fuckin music.. It was very impressive technically. I'm definitely interested in seeing firsthand what Ableton can do now.

When they dropped Ryan Yoshimoto - Du What U Du (Trentemoller Mix), the crowd went absolutely nuts. It was cut up, sliced and looped to almost a 10 minute track.

When they dropped Ryan Yoshimoto - Du What U Du (Trentemoller Mix), the crowd went absolutely nuts. It was cut up, sliced and looped to almost a 10 minute track.

fuck thats one of my favorite tracks. I won't mix the next one

stymie is gonna be so pissed once he reads this thread

he :heart:'s Sasha

This is more than just sasha. This was more than just digweed. It was sasha and digweed on the controls at the same time for half the night, just feeding each other stuff. The layers and the vibe was INSANE. I haven't seen them that energized in a while. It was crazy track after crazy track. Nothing you could really recognize since they were slicing it up so much up there. I've never been in so much awe over a dj performance. Welcome to the next level. All others are just outdated now with their 2 turntables and a mixer.