Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha and Digweed-----wow

it's like sasha took 4 months to get used the controller, then he wanted to take it to another (!) level, so what does he do? he calls on his old buddy diggers. let me show you how this thing works, let's see what we can do together. WMC was practice and diggers does a few nights stateside, gets into shape, then - of course - they drop the bomb on NYC. as the night went on, they figured out what their capabilities were in combination, with all their skills and all that techology, not to mention feeding off the pure LOVE in the room... they certainly raised the bar on the sonic experience.

i don't know if i would say 2 turntables is passe now, but at least if it INSPIRES and/or challenges other DJs, then there is hope for the genre. friggin pioneer right before our eyes. we are the guinea pigs.

i hope it was recorded for posterity. i would pay good money for the last 2 or 3 hours... even a DVD would be nice - to see what was going on up there. i know, i am obsessed with what i saw as well as what i heard.

can anyone offer any info on the track "frequency" that was one of the last tracks played?

Sasha and Digweed were amaaaaaazing!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: eargasms left and and right! I thought their set last year would be a tough act to follow but they EASILY blew that out of the water. They were pounding those dark and dirty beats all night. I loved how they dropped that random rock track and then threw in some breakish sounds toward the end. Does anyone know that track that had the weird random sounds at the very very end? (i know that probably doesn't help) but WOW it was insane. Crowd was fun too-- not the typical crobar crowd, just people partying HARD.

And how much fun were those balloons! hehe

i hope it was recorded for posterity. i would pay good money for the last 2 or 3 hours... even a DVD would be nice - to see what was going on up there. i know, i am obsessed with what i saw as well as what i heard.

werd - a dvd would be sick! the visuals in there were out of control... :spin2:

Last night was awesome - S&D absolutely tore it up - only tracks I recognized were Playgroup - Behind the Wheel (with something being mixed under it) and Tiefschwarsz - Issst (dub mix?) - wasn't there when they dropped Yoshimoto so I can't say I head that.

-ironmike

One of the best sets ive ever heard! from 5-7:30 was absolutly non stop brilliant music. very mixed crowd it was funny seeing all the guidos absoloutly mesmorized by the music..great vibe as well

amazing....so during all of this "non stop brilliant music", you were standing around checking out all of the "guidos" reactions.

remind me to hang out with you if I ever see you out :aright:

Here is my belated review:

hit the club around 11, waited for our table, and when they showed us where we were at I was lik "Oh yeah.."

First booth on the glass after the top of the ramp we had a direct view of S&D and the crowd...

The booze was flowing, and they came on around 1, Sasha started real slow and they just sucked you into the vortex. They went back and forth for a few hours and then played together from about 4-7, and that was amazing. Dark and twisted, but the shit Sasha can do w/ Ableton is amazing... they were basically doing live remixing... sometimes 4 tracks (or elements of) running at once. I don't think Digweed knows Ableton tho, I think Sasha was showing him some stuff and they were having a great time up there, drinking, laughing, hugging and it is always incredible how well they work together. They are definitely better together than individually.

The place was packed but I didn't hit the floor till almost 6 so it was cool by then. They actually regulated on the VIP access, so rather than it being so packed that we were guarding our table, I was being yelled at for smoking because everything was so out in the open.

But Crobar's staff is very well selected and trained, they know you are there to have a good time and they want to let you, but they don't want to put them in a position where it's in their face.

Amazing night, it was so worth the $$, my friends and I had so much fun. A quick word on Crobar's system tho, it does need a little bit of tweaking I think....

And what was that last track that Diggers played that had that crazy whistle?????

They need to be in NYC a lot more. :bounce::bounce:

amazing....so during all of this "non stop brilliant music", you were standing around checking out all of the "guidos" reactions.

remind me to hang out with you if I ever see you out :aright:

yeah asshole excuse me for looking at people in the crowd there were tons of guidos there last night how could you avoid them? i was surprised cause there never at cro on fri nights...remind me to smack your bitch ass if your ever out you faggot

yeah asshole excuse me for looking at people in the crowd there were tons of guidos there last night how could you avoid them? i was surprised cause there never at cro on fri nights...remind me to smack your bitch ass if your ever out you faggot

wait, was that just an internet threat to fight me :shake:

you're a fucking clown...everybody on here had nothing but great reviews and no complaints but than you have to come on here and "try" and be funny with an old, played out "guido" joke.

what's the matter?...did one of those "guido" types bang one of your girlfriends a while back and now you're all upset? :boohoo: :boohoo:

wait, was that just an internet threat to fight me :shake:

you're a fucking clown...everybody on here had nothing but great reviews and no complaints but than you have to come on here and "try" and be funny with an old, played out "guido" joke.

what's the matter?...did one of those "guido" types bang one of your girlfriends a while back and now you're all upset? :boohoo: :boohoo:

what guido joke are you talkin about jerk-off? i said they were amazed by the music that is some joke? re-read my post you braindead faggot