Clubplanet Nightlife Community

amsterdam

so i might go to amsterdam in july for the 1st time! my question is what are some good hotels near the amsterdam arena? Also since it's my 1st time going, where do you people suggest in going for parties and just hanging out? thanks :)

Heres a website that will help you find your way around...http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/. This website has everything you need to find some great bud. Helpled me out alot when I was there three times two years ago. Just couldn't get enough of that sticky icky. I recommend you check out Grasshopper 2, Baba, Hill Street Blues(they serve alcohol as well) and Gray Area. Theres plenty of other places, but these have good atmospheres. In terms of nightlife, Paradiso, Panama, Melkweg, Hotel Arena and Mazzo is where its at. As for bars, there all over the place, so take your pick. Hope this helps. Have fun! :D

so i might go to amsterdam in july for the 1st time! my question is what are some good hotels near the amsterdam arena? Also since it's my 1st time going, where do you people suggest in going for parties and just hanging out? thanks :)

Whatever you do, DO NOT get a hotel near the Arena. There's not a damn thing going on around there. Trust me, I lived in Holland for a year. You can take the subway from the center of the city to the Arena if you need to get there for some reason.

Whatever you do, DO NOT get a hotel near the Arena. There's not a damn thing going on around there. Trust me, I lived in Holland for a year. You can take the subway from the center of the city to the Arena if you need to get there for some reason.

hey, does sensation white count as anything?

i would say yes, but what do i know

http://sensation.id-t.com/sensation2005/trailer/white-high.html?width=1142&height=807

:)

thanks for the link! :)

Heres a website that will help you find your way around...http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/. This website has everything you need to find some great bud. Helpled me out alot when I was there three times two years ago. Just couldn't get enough of that sticky icky. I recommend you check out Grasshopper 2, Baba, Hill Street Blues(they serve alcohol as well) and Gray Area. Theres plenty of other places, but these have good atmospheres. In terms of nightlife, Paradiso, Panama, Melkweg, Hotel Arena and Mazzo is where its at. As for bars, there all over the place, so take your pick. Hope this helps. Have fun! :D

thx for the info headpusher :)

Who not come with us? A few heads from Raveclick are going in the beginning of August. We are also going to go to Dance Valley. :bounce: This year it is a 2 day party. Here is the lineup

LINEUP Dance Valley - vrijdag 5 augustus:

Main

Carl Cox

Sasha

Marco Carola

Christopher Lawrence

Nick Warren

Erick Pike

Eurogrooves

Eddie Halliwel

Above & Beyond

Tall Paul

Jean

Ronald van Gelderen

Marcel Woods

Ian Betts

Ton TB

Reactor

Gaetano Parisio

Darren Kay & Preach back2back

Jan Liefhebber

Vin-iLL

A.R.D.

Hardcell Live

Carlos Rios & Vincent de Wit Live

Oliver Kucera Live

Renaissance

Deep Dish

Satoshi Tomiie

Nic Fanciulli & Behrouz

Marcus James

Nick K

Loverland

Eric Prydz

Derrick May

Sebastien Leger

Dave Angel

Jamie Anderson

Marnix

Vince Watson Live

Joris Voorn Live

HQ

BK

Lisa Lashes

JP

Mark EG

Energy Dai

Paul Glazby

Amber D

Fausto

Danny D

Mixmag prize winner

K-90 Live

Electronation

Jesper Dahlback

Headman

Agoria

Dion

Nuno Dos Santos

Pablo vs Nauta

Alter Ego Live

Jon Tejada Live

Codex & Flexor Live

Drillem Live

Chill

Crystina

Zaven

Funky Paradox

Ambient Daan

MPS Pilot

Entrance

Lineup to be confirmed..!

LINEUP Dance Valley - zaterdag 6 augustus

Main

Deep Dish - Paul van Dyk

Ferry Corsten

Ben Sims

Nic Fanciulli & Dean Coleman

Trevor Rockcliffe

David Mas

Alexander Koning

HQ

Proteus

Tidy Boys

Tom Harding

Eddie Halliwel

Scott Project vs DERB

JP

Danny D

Rob Tissera

Jay Pidgeon

Rossi

Dark by Design aka Gaz West Live

Organ Donors Dex n FX

Global Stage

Carl Cox

Chris Liebing

Umek & Valentino Kanzyani

Marco Bailey

Michel de Hey

Lucca

Vibe

Armada Stage

Armin van Buuren

Markus Schulz & Perry O'Neil

Remy

M.i.k.e.

Stonebridge

Harry Lemon

Mischa Daniels

Eurogrooves

Christopher Lawrence

Jean

G-Spott

Jochen Miller

Randy Katana

Adam Sheridan

Ian Betts

Marcus

Scott Mac

E-craig

NU NRG Live

Concept

Kevin Saunderson

Derrick May

Darren Kay

Preach

Anderson Noise

Shinedoe

Greg Martine

Alexander Kowalski Live

Hertz Live

Renaissance

Sasha

Steve Lawler

Hernan Cattaneo

James Zabiela

redanka

Joyce Mercedes

Infusion Live

Loveland

Seb Fontaine

Dr Kucho

Marnix

Benny Rodrigues

Erick E

Roog

Mustafa

Laidback Luke

Sebastien Leger Live

Dimitri & Eric Nouhan Live

...more to be confirmed!

Circo Loco

...lineup to be confirmed!

Electronation

Basti/Tiefschwarz

Jacques LuCont

Steve Bug

DJ T

Terry Toner vs Herr Arter

Mason

Monika Electronika

Groove Addicts

The Youngsters Live

Psychadelic Trance

Xavier Morel

Bansi

Riktam

Stella Nutella

Zen

FDG

Infected Mushroom Live

Chill

Sven van Hees

Ambient Daan

Zaav

Ishtar

Ocean

Entrance

...lineup to be confirmed!

Who not come with us, a few heads from Raveclick are going in the beginning of August. We are also going to go to Dance Valley :bounce:

Dancevalley looks hot and usually is but .. globalgathering just released their line-up ..its ugly .. i think its better than dancevalleys lineup.. but thats just me. The only thing is that amsterdam isnt as expensive as london would be.

thx for the offer hun but the reason y i wanna go in july is for sensation, click on the link stompy posted :)

Who not come with us, a few heads from Raveclick are going in the beginning of August. We are also going to go to Dance Valley :bounce:

haha, we will be going together :)

btw i was told that u missed nikki beach at wmc cuz u got so trashed the nite b4.....ur lacking :nono:

just wondering...do they have phones and/or internet access out in Amsterdam...you know, just in case :D

haha, we will be going together :)

btw i was told that u missed nikki beach at wmc cuz u got so trashed the nite b4.....ur lacking :nono:

don't know who told you that but your sources are wrong...i didn't end up getting back to my room on friday till 1 in the afternoon...passed out for an hour, grabbed a quick bite to eat and ended up at nikki beach at 5:30 (most of you guys were pretty much gone by than)

Dancevalley looks hot and usually is but .. globalgathering just released their line-up ..its ugly .. i think its better than dancevalleys lineup.. but thats just me. The only thing is that amsterdam isnt as expensive as london would be.

Global Gathering is in Warwickshire, which is near Birmingham.

As for Amsterdam, I normally stay at the Victoria Hotel. It's right across from Central Station and about a 5 minute walk from the Red Light District--nice hotel. Wherever you do decide to stay, like someone said, don't stay near the Arena. You're better off staying in the city center and taking a train out to the Arena.

Coffeshops - If you had to visit one shop and only one, check out GREENHOUSE (as opposed to Greenhouse Centrum). Greenhouse has some of the best herb in Amsterdam, is a perennial winner of the cannabis cup awards and is where celebrity potheads like Woody Harrelson go. Be sure to try the Hawaiian Snow there.

I agree, you don't need to stay in Amsterdam more than three days. It's a small city, and there's not a whole lot to do there besides getting caned. More than 3 days is overkill. I do visit there frequently, but I still think it's somewhat of a shithole compared to other major European cities.