Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Love at first sight? is there such a thing?

fresinha12

Would you fall in love with some random person you just ran into?

Well I didnt believe in this sort of stuff, untill it hit me...Ok so here is the story, i met this girl sometime back at a gym, she was cute but at first I wasnt interested in her....we just chated while we were running on the treadmil... somehow we run into eachother as we were leaving the place and we just started talking....I got her number...and we went out on a first date....surprisingly both of us somehow clicked...I mean she is a professional and so am I (both of us are successful), we have an amazing number of things in common....I mean its spooky....by our fourth date we are amazingly comfortable with each other... both of us are very family oriented....our parents had similar backgrounds, amazingly we have similar stories...both of us are very intellectual ( i mean both of us are post grads and are interested in similar areas)....we like similar music...even our horoscope signs are the same...

Well sounds like a fairy tale story does'nt it?...until last week she told me she cant continue with this relationship ....she is moving out of state back to her parents...and I am stuck here with work, plus my post grad studies start this fall...I think we both clicked and we both took a turn in our relationship towards where we would like to go but cant afford to.... But ever since last week...I am torn between her and what I precieved to be my best interests...

I guess I cant believe it that I fell in love with someone, in such a short time that i am seriously contemplating quiting my job droping my biz school plans and move down with her.....

and what if you move in with her and she turns out to be completely psycho?? then what?? your stuck in a town you don't know with nowhere to go....it sounds like you really love her but I wouldn't put aside what you need to do for yourself. I made that mistake once, gave up grad school to move in with a boyfriend....it didn't work out and I got screwed. Think about the pros and cons before making a move

well those thoughts are going through my mind as we speak....

however, at what point do i realize that getting degrees is not important..( I already have a Masters..6 yrs ago and I am going to Biz school just to get my next promotion)...I mean I find myself running after more money...career progression etc...but I never really paid any attention to the emotional side of life....until now...at least she made me realize that there is more to life than being successful professionally...she is giving up a lucrative job here....and moving to be with her folks...I mean I would do the same thing...be family and make sacrafices for family...

but what really gets to me is that, we just met...I mean how on earth could I be thinking these things...when I just met a totally random person....it never happened before...I mean I am amazed at myself...is this normal? or should I go see a shrink?

maybe I am the pshyco..I never would have thought that i would fall in love with someone so quickly and someone so random....

and what if you move in with her and she turns out to be completely psycho?? then what?? your stuck in a town you don't know with nowhere to go....it sounds like you really love her but I wouldn't put aside what you need to do for yourself. I made that mistake once, gave up grad school to move in with a boyfriend....it didn't work out and I got screwed. Think about the pros and cons before making a move

gut instincts says....are you stupid....

I tend to rationalize and analyse things...I dont rush into things....so my head is saying...stay out...move on...keep on track with your plans...but my heart is saying...she is the one...

its an amazing battle of hearts and minds... :(

sometimes it happens when we least expect it.....go with your gut

you know what the right thing to do is....

gut instincts says....are you stupid....

I tend to rationalize and analyse things...I dont rush into things....so my head is saying...stay out...move on...keep on track with your plans...but my heart is saying...she is the one...

its an amazing battle of hearts and minds... :(

wow....that's tough...I dunno..remember you only live once so what the hell???

go for it...take a chance.....life is not a dress rehearsal

what are her feelings? if hers are as strong as yours? it sounds like fate, so why not put it in fates hands? i know its cliche, but if its ment to be....

Why not finish your degree and take it from there? if she isnt moving too far you can spend long weekends together and stuff. i know it's hard, but if you guys want it bad enough youll make it work.

she is moving out by the end of the month....she told me before we started dating that she was going out...but as I said before I was nt that serious...until after a few dates....the thing is I can really pressure her to stay..but then I dont want to ruin her life...she doesnt really like it here....what if we dont get along well after a while...I dont want to be the one who messed up her life...I guess I care for her...so I am not even going to ask her to stay...

WEll it seems easy to drop everything and go...but things are complicated...I am in the middle of an assignment of a life time...I had to really pull a lot of strings to get on this project at work...I just cant dissappoint my colleagues too by just leaving them....tough position to be in...

I understand....if it's meant to be, both of you will find a way to make things work out...it must be a really horrible position to be in, though...i can say that my relationship has survived a long distance period, though...if you're really in love, things usually just end up coming together..good luck w/everything...

hey'

I am actually more attracted to her personality then anything else...I mean she is physically beautiful....after all shez from the great state of FL....miami...

but I am more attracted to her character, intellect, personality, ambitions etc....

I would say lust is more physcial/sensual???

only lust....

I am in a similar situation.........cept i shouldnt be in it cuz im a little young to be thinking about marriage....im fuckin 22

but hey, if you find it you find it.

the big problem is making the decision.

i think i found the love of my life....

but i have too much shit going for me in the USA to be going back to Puerto Rico....

meh........these are the situations in a really cool game called Life.

choose wisely muthafuka ;)

:hat:

chasing a girl across the country after a few dates over 'love' screams pussywhipped, desperate, and needy... whether she wants to or not she'll grow bored of you very quickly for ditching your job and everything else for her; automatic loss of respect and attraction. Sorry to say it but its a lose-lose situation.

you know, in most cases i would agree with this man above ^^^^

but.... there HAS GOT TO BE at least one moment in someone's life where it isn't about being pussywhipped, or needy........

is there nothing romantic left in this fukin earth? lol

love is out there........ sure, there are some pathetic bastards roaming on this land, but that doesnt mean everyone has the same ends to their means.

basically- just because you got a little taste of something amazing doesn't mean it's not something pure...something meaningful to hold on to.

who knows.

who fukin knows :hat:

chasing a girl across the country after a few dates over 'love' screams pussywhipped, desperate, and needy... whether she wants to or not she'll grow bored of you very quickly for ditching your job and everything else for her; automatic loss of respect and attraction. Sorry to say it but its a lose-lose situation.

I sure fuck'n hope not :splat:

never happend to me in my life and not sure if i want that ...

i like to have control over my life

i like when i fall over somebody slowly, it last longer and getting to know that other person, the secrets, the thoughts .. that's best part

but maybe i am wrong.......

hey'

I am actually more attracted to her personality then anything else...I mean she is physically beautiful....after all shez from the great state of FL....miami...

but I am more attracted to her character, intellect, personality, ambitions etc....

I would say lust is more physcial/sensual???

that's what i mean....it's not really a "love at first sight" thing. obviously you've taken some time to know each other and feelings grew within that time frame. you mentioned that you are "in the middle of an assignment of a lifetime"....how often is that going to come around? if she is "the one" and you guys are meant to be....then your relationship should withstand the geographic distance or time between the both of you. personally, i wouldn't just drop everything i have and go chasing after her. give it some time....and time will tell.......

my .02 :pint:

thanks mama!

I just sent her an email, telling her that we should be friends. I belive that people come in our lives for a reason, for a purpose, I am just asking her to give it time to figure out why both of us came this way...

but definetly I am not quitting my job..(its hard to find one these days :()

that's what i mean....it's not really a "love at first sight" thing. obviously you've taken some time to know each other and feelings grew within that time frame. you mentioned that you are "in the middle of an assignment of a lifetime"....how often is that going to come around? if she is "the one" and you guys are meant to be....then your relationship should withstand the geographic distance or time between the both of you. personally, i wouldn't just drop everything i have and go chasing after her. give it some time....and time will tell.......

my .02 :pint:

Destiny is calling you, it happen to me a few years ago and a few months ago, but fell short on that one, but hey, if its meant to be, its meant to be, u realize what u have in front of you, when u lose it, but there is also a chance to get that person back in your life, if you have that chance, go with it, as hard as possible, do what u have to do :)