Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I finally picked up my mighty Gixxer this morning (pics)

ou812

INCREDIBLE bike, especially with the weather lately everyone's out in full force. How are you feeling the exhaust? I know you're only 70 miles into it but I know mods are in the works. What do you have your mind on?

Congrats and keep it rubber side down with a knee to the ground

INCREDIBLE bike, especially with the weather lately everyone's out in full force. How are you feeling the exhaust? I know you're only 70 miles into it but I know mods are in the works. What do you have your mind on?

Congrats and keep it rubber side down with a knee to the ground

When I first saw the prototype pics of the exhaust way back when I hated it. But in all honesty it looks much better in person and I have to say it definately sounds better than any other stock can I've ever heard.

If anything I'd say a Yoshimura TRC or TRS shorty can, in carbon fiber.

jlp1123 it's a 1000, but dry weight is about 370 lbs. so the chassis feels about the size of a 600 :D

My fiance has the 1000 also, but his is from 2002. He had the 600 at first but someone stole it. Now he want's to buy his friend's Hyabusa (sp?), they both bought their bike's at the same time but his friend doesn't want the bike anymore.

Just a little ride update. Have about 200 miles on it now since Saturday. I can easily say this is the most fun bike I've ever ridden on the street. It has RIDICULOUS amounts of power, but with an experienced throttle hand you can lay it down nice and smooth. Grab a big handful and it feels like you were launched from a cannon. Aside from the insane power the other amazing this about this bike is the chassis, literally point and shoot, it handles like a scalpel :slash:

:bounce:

NICE.....

I was thinking of trading in my honda CBR F4 for the suziki....I was just wondering about the weight...is the GXR lighter?

Just a little ride update. Have about 200 miles on it now since Saturday. I can easily say this is the most fun bike I've ever ridden on the street. It has RIDICULOUS amounts of power, but with an experienced throttle hand you can lay it down nice and smooth. Grab a big handful and it feels like you were launched from a cannon. Aside from the insane power the other amazing this about this bike is the chassis, literally point and shoot, it handles like a scalpel :slash:

:bounce:

• 2 weeks later...
NICE.....

I was thinking of trading in my honda CBR F4 for the suziki....I was just wondering about the weight...is the GXR lighter?

Honda claims 370 lbs dry weight for the F4. Suzuki claims the same for my bike. But I can almost guarantee, the Zuk will feel lighter and handle like it as well...............not to mention something on the order of 60 or so additional ponies coming from the mill. :D

another pic with my crappy camera phone after I dropped the mudflap, threw on frame sliders and painted the tire lettering, yanked the reflectors right after that too............next up hopefully a Yoshimura TRC carbon fiber slip-on.

DSC_00025.jpg

Is the slip on going to look any smaller? I got pics of the '05 but the Euro-spec, incredible.

It should look similar to this.

picture001a0eb.jpg

A company in EU called Racefit makes this can. I'm not crazy about the looks but it sounds CRAZY, loud as fuck. Was thinking about it at first but reconsidered.

DSC_2165.jpg

DSC_2167.jpg

http://www.speedycom.co.uk/shop/race-fit.mp3 - sound clip

I could only get it to open in Media Player

whats with you guys and loud, your just calling out to cops as here i come as i pull 8,000 rpms..lol.

the bike looks nice...but i still want the Honda CBR 600cc RR, 15,000 rpms :), and the dry weight is 361 pounds

Loud pipes save lives.

My bike's redlines @ 13,500, weighs the same, and has 60 more horsepower.

Then again, 1000's are definately not for everyone. :aright:

Loud pipes save lives.

My bike's redlines @ 13,500, weighs the same, and has 60 more horsepower.

Then again, 1000's are definately not for everyone. :aright:

yea 60 more hp, but i have 2,000 more rpm :) Dont be suprised if you tie a RR, the 1000cc RR now thats a beast!!

But true i consider 1000cc more towards crusing then full out track warior imo.

Here is the dyno:

146-0503-cbrdyno_1.gif146-0503-cbrdyno_2.gif146-0503-cbrdyno_3.gif146-0503-cbrdyno_4.gif

yea 60 more hp, but i have 2,000 more rpm :) Dont be suprised if you tie a RR, the 1000cc RR now thats a beast!!

But true i consider 1000cc more towards crusing then full out track warior imo.

Here is the dyno:

146-0503-cbrdyno_1.gif146-0503-cbrdyno_2.gif146-0503-cbrdyno_3.gif146-0503-cbrdyno_4.gif

Sorry, but just about nothing you said up here holds much water. 1000's are for cruising? Haha, what kind of bikes do you think race in the AMA and World Superbike class? I'll give you a hint, it's not 600s. And the lap times posted by the 600 SuperSports and then the 1000 Superbikes from the AMA race at Barber over the weekend........I'll save you the time again, the Superbike pole that was set was more than 3 seconds a lap faster than the 600 pole setter. So yeah, 1000's are for cruising :rolleyes:

Also, the CBR 1000RR placed last in Sport Rider's liter bike shootout, it's both underpowered and overweight in it's class, LOL.

honda CBR 1000RR HP 154.1 TQ 78.6

Kawaski ZX10R HP 158.4 TQ 78.3

Suzuki GSXR 1000 HP 162.1 TQ 79.8

Yamaha YZF-R1 HP 159.8 TQ 75.4

1/4 mile

Honda 9.95 @144.1 MPH

Kaw 9.78 @ 148.5 MPH

Suz 9.79 @ 148.4 MPH

Yam 9.92 @ 147.3 MPH

Top gear roll on 60-80 MPH

Hond 2.94

Kaw 2.65

Suz 2.46

Yam 2.65

80-100 MPH

Honda 2.84

Kaw 2.58

Suz 2.48

Yam 2.95

Points Ratings

Honda 89.5

Kaw 91

Suz 93

Yam 91

the Last word by Sport Rider:

In an era where the performance bar countinues to be raised Suzuki has basically reared back and booted it out of the stadium.

Sorry, but just about nothing you said up here holds much water. 1000's are for cruising? Haha, what kind of bikes do you think race in the AMA and World Superbike class? I'll give you a hint, it's not 600s. And the lap times posted by the 600 SuperSports and then the 1000 Superbikes from the AMA race at Barber over the weekend........I'll save you the time again, the Superbike pole that was set was more than 3 seconds a lap faster than the 600 pole setter. So yeah, 1000's are for cruising :rolleyes:

Also, the CBR 1000RR placed last in Sport Rider's liter bike shootout, it's both underpowered and overweight in it's class, LOL.

honda CBR 1000RR HP 154.1 TQ 78.6

Kawaski ZX10R HP 158.4 TQ 78.3

Suzuki GSXR 1000 HP 162.1 TQ 79.8

Yamaha YZF-R1 HP 159.8 TQ 75.4

1/4 mile

Honda 9.95 @144.1 MPH

Kaw 9.78 @ 148.5 MPH

Suz 9.79 @ 148.4 MPH

Yam 9.92 @ 147.3 MPH

Top gear roll on 60-80 MPH

Hond 2.94

Kaw 2.65

Suz 2.46

Yam 2.65

80-100 MPH

Honda 2.84

Kaw 2.58

Suz 2.48

Yam 2.95

Points Ratings

Honda 89.5

Kaw 91

Suz 93

Yam 91

the Last word by Sport Rider:

In an era where the performance bar countinues to be raised Suzuki has basically reared back and booted it out of the stadium.

What and 600cc's are not used in races? If you read i said imo I think there more for cruising, I find that when i rode my 600 vs a 1000, the 600 to be more nimble, and very quick out the gate.

I havent read the article yet but some tracks are set up more for diffrent bikes, its liek taking a nascar and throwing it on an indy track or what have you.

Not to mention the ratings u gave on the 1000cc's i see is based off power, i would like to see how they felt the RR felt vs the others. Honda deff put the racing design in the RR from the forks to the brakes. I also see no mentioning of brakes..stopping power. Also remember you can have a ton of power on a bike but having the bike be able to handle it is another thing, such as agility and so forth (STABILITY!!!)