Clubplanet Nightlife Community

when is the old SF building opening?

and any truth to the rumor that Morillo will be the resident?

they say mid may ...but mostl likely that willbe pushed back ..

morillo will def play there...but no word on a firm residency sicne the man jet sets ....

i bet you can count on him at least once a month

morillo is probably taking off for ibiza again this year, i doubt he'd have a weekly. best is when you have a monthly residency and just cycle in diff djs. that way you don't get bored of seeing the same person week in week out.

At first it was April, then May...last I heard it was May but it could be pushed back like someone said. I know their liquor license has gone through, so it's just a matter of logistics at this point.

I also heard that as long as things go accordingly (best sound system, good vibe, etc), Erick will be part owner in the club. He's already been asked.

I doubt he would do a weekly either, more of a monthly guy it seems. But he will be playing there.

newest DJ Times interview excerpt...............

DJTIMES:So what's up with you're involvement in Manhattan's Sound Factory

ERICK:Ive been asked to become a partner in the club and the only way i will is if it becomes the best soundf system in the worlld,and just a good place where people can come and have a great party.The liqoiur license has gone through and were just working out the logistics.If certain things are done than i am in....

morillo is booked until mid september every weekend. their is NO WAY he could ever make it to ny to play a gig or the states for that matter and make it back to europe. he is once again a weekly resident @ pacha in ibiza and guest spots all over england, spain, other ibiza nightclubs, and italy. wont be seeing erick for a very very long time

How many times is this topic going to be brought up?

I can already see it now........someone will say something about how JP should get a residency there and someone else will say how JP is the worst DJ in the history of the universe :blah::blah::blah:

6 pages minimum on this one.....

i heard Morillo is NOT going to Spain this summer and will be playing in the hamptons for July 4th weekend......I also heard the opening will be pushed back due to legal problems the owners are having.....but my sources probably suck are are totally inaccurate! :hoparound:

Does anybody think it will be as good as the original? I am not sure that re doing parties ever work? I would be down to check it out at least once though.

They are not trying to "re do" SF or the SF vibe. It's specifically going to be a different place, diff vibe, diff name. Only thing the same about it is going to be the address.