Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm Getting A 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

HAZE

Mitsubishi Partners With Rockford Fosgate To Offer Premium Audio System With Aftermarket Quality

Renowned audio system to be factory-installed in new 2006 Eclipse

April 11, 2005 -- Cypress, Calif. --

Mitsubishi Motors and Rockford Fosgate have teamed up to offer a high fidelity, high output audio system for the all-new 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse, set to hit dealers on Memorial Day weekend in May 2005. A leader in aftermarket car audio systems for 25 years, Rockford Fosgate offers Eclipse buyers the first OEM personal sound-setting memory option, and their aggressive PUNCH® signature sound, delivering dynamic output with the high impact bass of a premium aftermarket system.

"The Eclipse is a car that appeals to a demographic who enjoys everything about the driving experience," said Mike Krebs, vice president of product planning for Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA). "So it makes sense that one of the best audio systems on the market is available in that car."

Recently launched to the world at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, the all-new 2006 Eclipse GT is a muscular, 263-horsepower sport coupe that looks more like a luxury sports car. The Eclipse's striking appearance, combined with the available 650-watt Rockford Fosgate sound system, is sure to get drivers noticed on any road in the country.

"This sound system is closer to the power and PUNCH® of our aftermarket systems than any other OEM-installed system on the market," said Dan Vandenbergh, managing director of OEM, Rockford Corporation. "Its mind-blowing volume and deep bass is noticeably absent from other factory-installed audio systems."

The Eclipse's optional Rockford Fosgate premium audio system features 650-watt amplification with nine-speakers, including a 10-inch, long-throw subwoofer in a fiberglass reinforced, acoustic suspension enclosure. The six-disc, in-dash CD changer plays MP3 files on CD-Rs for up to 64 hours of music playback. In addition to the usual bass, midrange, treble, fader, and balance controls, the Eclipse's advanced Digital Signal Processor (DSP), incorporated into the head unit, gives the user total control over the subwoofer PUNCH® level. For 25 years Rockford Fosgate has been delivering the sound of PUNCH®, the feeling that music has when it is deep and loud. There are six levels of subwoofer PUNCH® sound in the all-new Eclipse.

The Eclipse's DSP also allows the driver to take control of the audio system like never before through three new tools: staging controls, musical genre presets and industry first personal sound settings.

Staging Controls

The staging controls of the Rockford Fosgate system set the perfect "sweet spot" for the driver and other listeners. Staging has three adjustments in addition to the normal position: Stage, Live and Hall. The Stage setting corrects left to right staging and the height of the music relative to the driver's position. The Live setting simulates a room such as a rock club or smaller jazz venue. More ambient sound and rear speakers come to life when music is "Live." And the Hall setting simulates the sound heard inside a large concert hall.

Music Genre Presets

The four musical genre presets - Pop, Rock, Hip Hop and Country - are equalization curves that have been tuned by Rockford Fosgate for maximum music performance for four widely different styles of music. Therefore, the audio system can be adjusted to suit the preferences of multiple drivers and passengers, or simply to match the style of music being played.

Industry-First Personal Sound Settings

For the first time in a factory-installed system, drivers and passengers can listen to music exactly how they like it with the touch of one button. Personal sound settings allow occupants to save favorite preferences in memory such as tone, balance, fader, equalizer and staging to a single, easy-to-use preset. There are six presets, which utilize the same buttons used to save preset radio stations.

The 650-watt Rockford Fosgate premium audio system also will be available in the new 2007 Eclipse Spyder convertible, scheduled to roll into dealerships in April 2006.

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2005041154693&mime=ASC

If you believe that you need help and of course would buy that option from a dealer..lol. Same shit nissan pulled in the Spec V, trust me the only RF thing you get in that car is the sub, I doubt the amp that poweres it is even RF. 650 watt...ohh man. They need to add the words MAX after it.

The only car audio i wouldnt change is in the new infiniti that has surround sound, now thats gotta be the hottest system stock :bowdown:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hrmann kardon makes kick-ass car audio systems (bmw, mercedes, mini, and saab)

Funny you say that. Every BMW I have owned I paid for the "upgraded" Harmon Kardon system and it just sounds OK. I do believe there are some better stock systems in even less expensive cars. Surprisingly an Infiniti G-35 has a better system than any BMW I have owned. This weekend my buddy was commenting on how his BMW sounded like crap compared to what some other cheaper cars have. My fathers 2003 MB E500 is nothing to brag about either, especially for a $65,000 car.

Funny you say that. Every BMW I have owned I paid for the "upgraded" Harmon Kardon system and it just sounds OK. I do believe there are some better stock systems in even less expensive cars. Surprisingly an Infiniti G-35 has a better system than any BMW I have owned. This weekend my buddy was commenting on how his BMW sounded like crap compared to what some other cheaper cars have. My fathers 2003 MB E500 is nothing to brag about either, especially for a $65,000 car.

interesting.

the saab took everything I threw at it. i guess it was the twin subs.

when u buy a car only a very small % goes to the speakers...lol. Wanan see a price tag for R&D vs speakers. We ar elucky they have 4 sometimes a component set. Mitsu doesnt even give it out in one of there Evo's

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my wheels and tires. I decided to go with a true Japanese Racing Wheel. I fell in n love with these things as soon as I saw them. I don't like most split 5-stars, but these are different. Very unique.

They only weigh 16.8 lbs and they're 18s.

http://www.weds.co.jp/products/wedssport/tc005_wscelica.html

weds_logo.giftc005_logo.gif

weds_tc_005_gry_ci3_l.jpg

weds_tc_005_gry_ci2_l.jpg

weds_tc_005_gry_ci1_l.jpg

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/DisplayWheel.jsp?wheelMake=WedsSport&wheelModel=TC005&wheelFinish=Light+Grey+Painted

:bounce:

your looking at 20lbs per side which is standard on any good 18" rim. I would have told you too look at Rays or Racing Hart. Best rims made today. Also becareful with that tire in rain its not the greatest but dry that tire performs very well.

Mitsubishi halts Eclipse Sales

AUTOMOTIVE NEWS

Posted Date: 5/30/05

Mitsubishi, desperate for a smooth launch of its redesigned Eclipse, stumbled last week when it had to stop the sale of about 1,200 units.

Technicians found a problem with the vacuum brake booster that could cause brake failure. The company said 44 cars with bad boosters had been sold, about 400 were in dealerships, and the rest were in transit.

Production was not stopped at the factory in Normal, Ill. Citing strong demand from dealers, the company said it would boost production to 1,000 a week, from 760 a week, by the end of the summer.

Meanwhile, the company tried to put a happy face on the problem. Said spokesman Dan Irvin: "This vehicle is so important to us that we will take care of any problems, even if it means going to customers' homes."

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102476

Mitsubishi halts Eclipse Sales

AUTOMOTIVE NEWS

Posted Date: 5/30/05

Mitsubishi, desperate for a smooth launch of its redesigned Eclipse, stumbled last week when it had to stop the sale of about 1,200 units.

Technicians found a problem with the vacuum brake booster that could cause brake failure. The company said 44 cars with bad boosters had been sold, about 400 were in dealerships, and the rest were in transit.

Production was not stopped at the factory in Normal, Ill. Citing strong demand from dealers, the company said it would boost production to 1,000 a week, from 760 a week, by the end of the summer.

Meanwhile, the company tried to put a happy face on the problem. Said spokesman Dan Irvin: "This vehicle is so important to us that we will take care of any problems, even if it means going to customers' homes."

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102476

Yup, already heard about this. It was a problem in the Bosch brake booster, so it wasn't really a Mitsu problem. They found it on 2 cars at the end of the production line, none of the defective cars made it out to the dealers.

hzae...

18s are going to be harsh.... you planning to drop it?

i have 16s on my race suspension and i lose a kidney everytime i drive it.

It comes with 18s already and has a huge wheel gap. I plan on getting the Eibach Pro System as soon as it's available. I had it in the Tib and loved it.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the dealer today. Picking it up Thursday!!!

It took forever to get a Silver GT Premium 6-SP. My dealer had to drive out to Western PA 6 hours to get it and drive it back. My car is gonna have 300 miles on it, but I don't care. I've been waiting for this car forever.

Wow whats with your attitude, I used to work on a dealership, they can tell u anything and you would belive them. I would have drove my ass out there to pick it up or said that it be put on a trailer or lower the price of the vehicle becuase its not new.

congrats on ur purchase haze!! tony (actingitup) is actually getting rid of his eclipse and his dodge dakota rt to get either a magnum or redline vue....today is the big day to test drive them both n decide which one he'll take......

I went to the dealer today. Picking it up Thursday!!!

It took forever to get a Silver GT Premium 6-SP. My dealer had to drive out to Western PA 6 hours to get it and drive it back. My car is gonna have 300 miles on it, but I don't care. I've been waiting for this car forever.

Same problem here in Miami, waiting for a Silver GT since June 13th but weather conditions delayed the whole process car coming in this afternoon and hopefully picking it up tomorrow, mine came in a truck though :hat:

but from freakin Illinois. :bounce:

congrats on ur purchase haze!! tony (actingitup) is actually getting rid of his eclipse and his dodge dakota rt to get either a magnum or redline vue....today is the big day to test drive them both n decide which one he'll take......

my cousin has the magnum without the hemi... the car is fucking sick!!! leather moonroof navi the whole 9... even without the hemi it has great pickup... great car all around!!

Thanks. ;)

He'll probably get a better deal on the Redline because of GM's Employee Dicount.

Let me know what he chooses.

Same problem here in Miami, waiting for a Silver GT since June 13th but weather conditions delayed the whole process car coming in this afternoon and hopefully picking it up tomorrow, mine came in a truck though :hat:

but from freakin Illinois. :bounce:

Good shit bro, congrats. :beer:

This anticipation is killing me. I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

:bounce::bounce:

This anticipation is killing me. I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

:bounce::bounce:

You are just like a little 17 year old kid. I bet you will not even sleep well just like a 9 year old on Christmas Eve. Grow up already, it's just another Mitsubishi that every little girl will be driving or dreaming about. :woah2: